mglobe

Ok TWS is dead. What's next?

Posted in the PCA FB group

"My son spent the afternoon at TWS ... now the flood cars are gone. (Private access was officially given.) They are considering raising funds to recondition, and re-open. It is NOT being converted to housing, as previously arranged."

I highly doubted they would build houses on that land as soon as I read about flood cars being stored there. 

If this is a joke, it’s a very cruel joke.

I have it on good authority that this is not a joke. However, according to same authority, it is definitely not certain. As this would be a game changer for me and others living in College Station, I’m certainly hopeful. But I’m also not holding my breath. Only time will tell.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lsrpca/permalink/10155599903868510/

Ugh. We finally got to the point people weren't moaning and crying and had accepted the death. Now this. Just let it go.

I know y'all have been dealing with this forever, but I only got one year at TWS and would love to have it back. Close proximity, extremely fun layout, and camping there there is my favorite because it feels like going back in time. Hell, last time I was there I camped solo in the stands and enjoyed some brews at sunset. Just had a great presence...but I also get that this shit has long gotten old.post-1409-15229003650177_thumb.jpg

I’m sure the guy was told this by someone, but I think someone was peeing on his feet and telling him it was raining. If the the owners want to do this they should have plenty of money now to “recondition” the track from the money they raked in from the car storage.

I know y'all have been dealing with this forever, but I only got one year at TWS and would love to have it back. Close proximity, extremely fun layout, and camping there there is my favorite because it feels like going back in time. Hell, last time I was there I camped solo in the stands and enjoyed some brews at sunset. Just had a great presence...but I also get that this shit has long gotten old.attachicon.gifIMG_20170811_195358_770.jpg

I hope they rebuild it or just clean it up where it’s presentable.

Maybe new bathrooms?

I love this track like you, it’s awesome in every way and accommodating to us in sleeping bags.

I bumped into some folks talking about this very subject well before April 1st.  I think it's true that the project to build homes has been 86'd for sure.  So maybe the rest is speculation after that about refurbishing the track and facilities.