Sign in to follow this  
mglobe

Ok TWS is dead. What's next?

Hallett would be fun. I was just at Cresson this past weekend, so sure. ECR? Never been, would try it at least once. I could be convinced to go to NOLA.

I'd like to go to cresson again.  Hallett is a once a year thing for me due to distance, but definitely a track I like a lot.

Hallet and NOLA probably once a year each, would try ECR with improvements for sure, just did Cresson last weekend and it was fun so Cresson yes to Cresson.

Cresson 3.1 and 1.7 CW are super technical and fun. Hallett is fantastic especially if you live in dfw. That drive is so easy. I find it relaxing.

Just wondering how many of you PDS regulars would make a trek to Hallett for a PDS event? NOLA? Cresson? ECR with improvements?

I will follow you where ever you go. Although, ECR would be a stretch for me. Headed to Nola in a couple of weeks. Cheers 

I'd like to give Hallet a try. I would be a regular at NOLA, Cresson and ECR with improvements.

Cresson would be my top pick for mo' track time. Hallett is amazing, but too far to go to regularly. Once a year with NASA will likely be all I do there. Never driven ECR.

Cresson would be my top pick for mo' track time. Hallett is amazing, but too far to go to regularly. Once a year with NASA will likely be all I do there. Never driven ECR.

Yeah. Hallett is fantastic. For folks living in Dallas, it's easier to hit up than MSRH, I'd guess. For those of us in Houston, it's a bit of a trek to do more than once a year.

There's supposedly some LG Motorsports track in Anna, TX (North of Dallas) that's breaking ground soon. 

Let's not forget Bluebonnet

Or Grandsport's addition!

I'm in for Cresson, ECR (with improvements), NOLA, and Hallett, in that order, due to proximity to my house. I'm not sure NOLA will be a regular on the NASA calendar since it was a reschedule from TWS this year.

For me, Hallett is a once/year trip and NASA already visits there.

With the PDS format, I'd go pretty much to any track. However for me at least, NASA is going to get priority if there's a date conflict.

I've only driven Harris Hill one time; I'd love to go back!

I would also be in for PDS action!

Preferences due to personal distance

MSRC

Barber

ECR Improved (have not yet done but would)

I-30 Speedway (Benton, AR)- LOL

NCM

Hallett

Joe's Bar and Track (paying attn check)

Texas Motor Speedway

Others but less often due to distance:

Daytona

MSRH

NOLA

CoTA 

I would also be in for PDS action!

Preferences due to personal distance

MSRC

Barber

ECR Improved (have not yet done but would)

I-30 Speedway (Benton, AR)- LOL

NCM

Hallett

Joe's Bar and Track (paying attn check)

Texas Motor Speedway

Others but less often due to distance:

Daytona

MSRH

NOLA

CoTA 

A lot of those fall into the "big once a year trip to a new, far away track" for us Houston folks.

NCM is 14 hours, Barber is 10.5 hours. Hallet is 8.5 hours. All great tracks, but need to have travel days on both sides to make it work. Daytona is out there at 14.5 hrs+. You might as well throw Heartland park in there too at 11 hrs from H-town. They repaved recently, and it's just another 2 hours from Hallet. Really fun track and big facility. We did the trip to Barber in one day and it wasn't bad. And now that we have the option of sleeping in the trailer en route, that extends our range!

One of my big bucket list tracks is MRLS, but it's a whopping 30 hours from Houston!

Just for reference, from downtown Houston...

36 miles - MSR Houston

39 miles - Grandsport Speedway

88 miles - TWS (RIP)

155 miles - COTA

168 miles - Harris Hill Road

276 miles - Texas Motor Speedway

282 miles - MSR Cresson

286 miles - LG

304 miles - Eagle's Canyon

350 miles - NOLA

504 miles - Hallett

682 miles - Barber

700 miles - Heartland Park

784 miles - Gateway

844 miles - NCM

846 miles - Road Atlanta

964 miles - Daytona

980 miles - High Plains

986 miles - Pueblo

1041 miles - Sebring

1183 miles - VIR

1215 miles - Mid-ohio 

1228 miles - Road America

1356 miles - Pittrace

1729 miles - Lime Rock

1857 miles - Laguna Seca

ECR is having an Open Track Day October 28. As things stand now, if you want to get on track at ECR it will be with ECR's monthly Open Track Day or as a member's guest...unless you are already a member, of course. It's a FUN track!! Fast too!

A lot of those fall into the "big once a year trip to a new, far away track" for us Houston folks.

NCM is 14 hours, Barber is 10.5 hours. Hallet is 8.5 hours. All great tracks, but need to have travel days on both sides to make it work. Daytona is out there at 14.5 hrs+. You might as well throw Heartland park in there too at 11 hrs from H-town. They repaved recently, and it's just another 2 hours from Hallet. Really fun track and big facility. We did the trip to Barber in one day and it wasn't bad. And now that we have the option of sleeping in the trailer en route, that extends our range!

One of my big bucket list tracks is MRLS, but it's a whopping 30 hours from Houston!

Just for reference, from downtown Houston...

36 miles - MSR Houston

39 miles - Grandsport Speedway

88 miles - TWS (RIP)

155 miles - COTA

168 miles - Harris Hill Road

276 miles - Texas Motor Speedway

282 miles - MSR Cresson

286 miles - LG

304 miles - Eagle's Canyon

350 miles - NOLA

504 miles - Hallett

682 miles - Barber

700 miles - Heartland Park

784 miles - Gateway

844 miles - NCM

846 miles - Road Atlanta

964 miles - Daytona

980 miles - High Plains

986 miles - Pueblo

1041 miles - Sebring

1183 miles - VIR

1215 miles - Mid-ohio

1228 miles - Road America

1356 miles - Pittrace

1729 miles - Lime Rock

1857 miles - Laguna Seca

Don't forget WGI.

With the PDS format, I'd go pretty much to any track. However for me at least, NASA is going to get priority if there's a date conflict.

Ditto

On the bucket list subject, don't forget about the two legendary F1/Can Am tracks in the great white north, Mosport & Mont Tremblant, you could potentially knock out in one trip. Laguna is actually 300miles further from Houston than Mosport! 

Also even though I tend to dislike most new track layouts over layouts from 60s/70s and earlier eras, Pitt Race looks to be worth a visit. The elevation changes & corners remind me of Barber which is not a bad thing.