Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for open trailer 16-18'

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pmptx

pmptx

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationDFW
  • Track Vehicle:2008 S2000

Looking for an open trailer in the 16-18 foot range.

Basically going to be the starter trailer. 

I am looking on racing junk, but if anyone knows of someone selling, please let me know.

Motivated buyer.

EricJ

EricJ

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'99 Miata

When I was looking, I found that a new the Big Tex 16' were reasonably priced when you calculated the cost of replacing tires and bearings on a used trailer. Also you start out with a new wood surface, so you can treat it before it has issues. The 6 months no interest financing worked for my racing budget.

'99 Emerald Green Miata - NASA TX TTE 2015 Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

BobKid

BobKid

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 BMW M Coupe
I'm looking to upgrade mine, so my 16' steel/wood with 2' dovetail is available. I bought it new a couple of years ago and it's very similar to this one - http://www.cstrailer...r-VPoc|SHd.htmlProbably used it more for hauling brush than the car, and need something just a touch easier to load the Coupe onto now that it's lowered.

Tires are all new 225/75-15 Carlisle Radial Trail HDs earlier this year, and spare is brand new as well. Got rid of the crappy chevron 5' ramps and bought 6'ers from discount ramps that still fit in the slide-ins. Also bought a set of their ramp extensions. 8 tie downs installed, 4 forward and 4 aft. Some checking of the wood in the floor since it sits outside, but it's all solid.

Spiderxvpbiking

Spiderxvpbiking

The Last Dragon

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000 / 92 Miata

Looking for an open trailer in the 16-18 foot range.

Basically going to be the starter trailer. 

I am looking on racing junk, but if anyone knows of someone selling, please let me know.

Motivated buyer.

Funny how it starts with a little 4x4 harbor freight trailer, then to an open or enclosed. Welcome to the club:-)

Boostedtaco

Boostedtaco

Moving Chicane

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationDFW,TX
  • Track Vehicle:15' c7 z51

I'm looking to upgrade mine, so my 16' steel/wood with 2' dovetail is available. I bought it new a couple of years ago and it's very similar to this one - http://www.cstrailer...r-VPoc|SHd.htmlProbably used it more for hauling brush than the car, and need something just a touch easier to load the Coupe onto now that it's lowered.

Tires are all new 225/75-15 Carlisle Radial Trail HDs earlier this year, and spare is brand new as well. Got rid of the crappy chevron 5' ramps and bought 6'ers from discount ramps that still fit in the slide-ins. Also bought a set of their ramp extensions. 8 tie downs installed, 4 forward and 4 aft. Some checking of the wood in the floor since it sits outside, but it's all solid.

I'll gladly take this off your hands for the same price as the tire rack :D

15' C7 z51 #282

pmptx

pmptx

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationDFW

Funny how it starts with a little 4x4 harbor freight trailer, then to an open or enclosed. Welcome to the club:-)

Thanks need it to pull behind the new rig.  Should make for a good home base at the away tracks.

BobKid

BobKid

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 BMW M Coupe

I'll gladly take this off your hands for the same price as the tire rack :D

Ha! I think I'd need to negotiate a slightly better deal on this one :D

pmptx

pmptx

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationDFW

Found one and should be good for a while (I hope)

Thanks BobKid