Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for expired 6 point harnesses for HPDE car

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

skillman11

skillman11

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationAustin - Lake Travis
  • Track Vehicle:2008 NC Miata Dual Duty

If you have a set of recently (within last 5 years) expired harnesses and are not sure what to do with them, I could use them in my HPDE car. 

My 2006  street/track Miata has a tall Fabworx roll bar with a harness bar and I have a racing seat to use at the track. Since expired harnesses are newer and stronger than the seat belts, they will be suitable for my needs.

Let me know what you have.

2008 Miata Dual Duty

surlynkid

surlynkid

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2010 GT3 #920 TT2
If I had a set I would give them to you for free. I wouldn't the liability of being the guy that gave you a set of expired ones.

Scott Landon

#920 TT2 - Speed Yellow 2010 Porsche GT3

skillman11

skillman11

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Are you an attorney by any chance?  :huh:  :ohmy:  :wink:

If anyone is concerned, I will sign a waiver to release liability or trade for the equiment. 

Since I never have considered suing anyone, thiss did not cross my mind. Of course anyone can sue you for anything. . . 

@surlynkid, help me understand if there are implied warranties when buying any used track/street car? Are there no warranties, specifically for safety equipment, unless expressly given in writing? Same would apply for expired harnesses or brake kits or brake pads or suspension or . . .?

The track car I am selling had expired harnesses when purchased, and I had planned to sell it with the same, However with this concern should I remove them?  That may be how I get my used harnesses!  When selling a car it is sold "as is" with no implied warranties.

Getting back on track (no pun intended, OK, maybe a little one) does anyone have a set for a fellow friendly track junkie?

2008 Miata Dual Duty

surlynkid

surlynkid

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2010 GT3 #920 TT2
Not an attorney. Just the sad world we live in today. I know you wouldn't do anything, but your estate might in the event of a tragedy.

Scott Landon

#920 TT2 - Speed Yellow 2010 Porsche GT3

skillman11

skillman11

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Problem solved, I will be getting the set from the car I am selling

:biggrin: