SchadenFred

Convoy to NOLA 2017 - Friday

I think the gate closes at 10PM.  The plan is to leave Bucees between 10 and 11AM.  If we leave at 10 and take a one hour lunchbreak, we'll arrive at 4PM.

If we leave at 11, we'll arrive at 5PM.

I'm taking a queue from the Thursday convoy, and scheduling lunch at the Texas Roadhouse on the East side of Baton Rouge.  We should get here between 2 and 3 PM.  That's late in the day, so grab some snacks at Bucees to get you through until lunch.

Texas Roadhouse 10360 N Mall Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

I think the gate closes at 10PM. The plan is to leave Bucees between 10 and 11AM. If we leave at 10 and take a one hour lunchbreak, we'll arrive at 4PM.

If we leave at 11, we'll arrive at 5PM.

I'm taking a queue from the Thursday convoy, and scheduling lunch at the Texas Roadhouse on the East side of Baton Rouge. We should get here between 2 and 3 PM. That's late in the day, so grab some snacks at Bucees to get you through until lunch.

Texas Roadhouse 10360 N Mall Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Now I think about it, last time I went to Nola we left Houston around 10am and got to Nola around 8-9pm.... I think....

Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel an overwhelming need to have an overpriced sit down lunch at a chain during a road trip. I'd rather just grab a basic ass sammich, get back on the road, and do the damn thing, but I'm not pulling a trailer so there's that.

@@V6Donut last time I went to NOLA (downtown) it took 7 1/2 hour flat, but that's with my road trip approach of only stopping for fuel, at which time I take care of everything else or suck it up until the next fuel stop lol. 10-11 hours is how long it takes me to drive all the way home (Mobile, AL), so you did something wrong.

@@V6Donut last time I went to NOLA (downtown) it took 7 1/2 hour flat, but that's with my road trip approach of only stopping for fuel, at which time I take care of everything else or suck it up until the next fuel stop lol. 10-11 hours is how long it takes me to drive all the way home (Mobile, AL), so you did something wrong.

That's my method as well.  I load up on snacks, put on an audiobook, and drive straight through, stopping only to get gas and use the restroom.  I planned lunch out of consideration for the group.  But if everyone's willing, we can Cannonball to try and get there sooner.  @@V6Donut, @@lobster, what say you?

Have Valentine 1, will travel.

I am a yuge proponent of pushing all the way... figure get some snacks at bucees and stop to pee 

That drive from Bucees should be around 5 hours to the track. 

We might be slow, but we're like a damn freight train, ain't nothing stoppin' us. I like it.

Like a boss

Getting to Buckee's by 10 from my side of town (Katy) during rush hour may be iffy. But I'll wake up early and see if I can't get out there in time and join the convoy.

see you in the morning, get on the Zello channel in the morning.   I'll wait for any stragglers if need be. 

Thanks for the update, Sam!  Hopefully we won't be that late.  But it bodes well for Saturday and Sunday night!