surlynkid

PCA DE Cancel

I was looking at the Drivers Edge site last night and noticed that the two fall TWS events are now marked as "Pending Event/N.Y.D." Kinda thinking they might end up meeting the same fate.

Well the track is only giving a 10% discount for renting it, but those groups have to cut their driver count by 40% while other fixed costs stay the same. I now hear 8/21 is now only 1.8, not 9/1. Even the owners see everyone cancelling. NASA is the only one that seems set on running the 1.8

I got the same.

If they don't cancel entirely, I can totally see them going for a no-points weekend, or a TT / DE only like they've done at Harris Hill.

I feel weird for feeling these things, but I hope they do that and/or cancel entirely. With nats right before it, that has to hurt.

Looks like NASA is exploring what to do. I just got a survey from Will about whether I was attending or not.

I got the same.

If they don't cancel entirely, I can totally see them going for a no-points weekend, or a TT / DE only like they've done at Harris Hill.

You guys click attending or no?

Id like to do the 1.8 

I said I wasn't attending.

Reading this made me think of when you told me in person at the kart track LOL, eyes bulging and shizz LOLOLOL

Would be cool to go though, again I haven't done TWS 100,000 times like some of you. but more of the last event of the season at the last time well ever attend TWS.  

It will be fun regardless.

This really will be the last NASA blast at TWS, so I can't NOT stay up all night having beer can races down the banking. Plus I'll have a brand new trailer to camp in / fall off the roof of.

Even if it's a no-points DE/TT funsies only weekend, I'm going.

598a158fead1a_2017080814_48_06narutobeli

Do you think those groups will still hold events on the 1.8 mile course?

SCCA will definitely still go.  That race is the season-ender, points championship race. 

I've run the 1.8 there with SCCA a few times due to short corner worker staffing issues and whatnot.

It will be fun regardless.

This really will be the last NASA blast at TWS, so I can't NOT stay up all night having beer can races down the banking. Plus I'll have a brand new trailer to camp in / fall off the roof of.

Even if it's a no-points DE/TT funsies only weekend, I'm going.

598a158fead1a_2017080814_48_06narutobeli

That's what I'm talking about!

I'm undecided. I might pocket the money and put it towards next years attempt at TTE domination, but I'm also just as likely to sign up and party hard.

Option 2 is a winner habibi.