Arro

Chin @ TWS August 19th - One day event

You get a lot of track time with Chin.  Format is 3 run groups (Green, Blue, Red) and you rotate every 30 minutes.  

never been to a chin event.

anyone know how many sessions are in a chin 1 day event? Cost?

and how many sessions are in the TWS PDS 1 day open track events? Cost?

trying to see which day 19th or 20th is the better deal?

Chin runs good events with lots of track time, but this is an apples to oranges comparison. Dependif upon the number of people who sign up, we may run the OTD as true open track. I. E. Only one run group with 50min sessions. We will run from 8:00-2:00 with each session starting on the hour. We can fit probably close to 50 cars into this kind of event without splitting tinto groups, since few can last 50mins on the track in August. It's great because you just get in and drive when you feel like it.

Note you must be solo certified to run.

Pricing is $249 for a primary driver - solo qualified. 3.5 hours of track time available to each driver! 

Do both!   Chin's events are lots of fun.  I'll be there coaching Pam in the MX-5 Cup.

Getting the Miata ready for the weekend. I just changed motor oil, but forgot to change the oil filter. If I pull the oil filter off off while fresh oil is in the motor, will oil poor out similar to when I unscrew the drain plug? Should I be fine leaving the oil filter till the next oil change (3 events)?

I use Mobile 1 10w30 full synthetic. I change the oil every 3 events, so the current Wix filter has 6 track days in it.

post-1280-15028589764783_thumb.jpg

Appears no one wants to answer this. It could blow up with a brand new filter on it, so ...

If it were mine, considering that I have 4qts of fresh oil in there, I'd run the filter as is. Some people change the filter every other change.

I once poured fresh oil into mine and then realized I hadn't put the drain plug back in yet. So you did better than that!

Let's roll. post-8-0-58106700-1503022826.gif

Here's my last 2 laps at TWS during happy hour, and the last laps I will ever have on this track.

My Dunlop Direzza ZIIs have had 8 events, 16 days, and about 65 sessions on them from TWS and MSRH. They maybe have 1 day left in them. They're not as sticky as they used to be, but I learned from Nate to constantly adjust to your tires limit. I slipped a bit past that limit on the last lap in the carousel and completely overshot the chicane trying to chase the Miata. I might not have had my fastest lap times, but these were by far the most fun laps I've had at TWS. I especially enjoyed sharing that with my friend in the passenger seat who started this track addiction with me 8 months ago.

To the first track I ever laid tires on, you will be missed.

P.S. Passenger drives an M3. In the beginning of the video, he's asking me to "hit the gas". I'm explaining to him, "This is all I got on the straight! He's gone!"

https://youtu.be/zfGx9Z0_RSM