robertcope

From TWS...

=====

As of September 1, 2017, TWS will be closing the back half of the 2.9 mile configuration that we are all accustomed to driving. All events September 1 will be run on the 1.8 mile "short course" configuration. This means you have only a few opportunities left to run the 2.9.

PDS will be operating the following events on the 2.9:

July 22 -- Open track day for solo only drivers
August 12-13 -- PDS high performance drivers education. 
August 19 -- Open track day for solo only drivers

Note that the two open track days will only be run if a sufficient number of people sign up.

I expect a high demand for the August 12-13 PDS school. In order to keep the amount of high quality track time that our customers are used to enjoying, we will be limiting the number of attendees. I'd encourage you to sign up early for this event, and to pay at the time you register in order to secure a spot.

Hope to see you at the track soon,

Mike Globe
CDI Performance Driving School

=====

I saw this in my inbox earlier today...I wonder if it's due to track conditions along with track closing later in the year

They're starting constructions of the subdivision back there. I don't know of any track conditions that would warrant closing that section.

Went to TWS for open track day last Saturday and the back section is as good as it was on April [emoji106] lots of trees are down on the back straight...they are definitely working it up.

Didn't see the bulldozer...

Went to TWS for open track day last Saturday and the back section is as good as it was on April [emoji106] lots of trees are down on the back straight...they are definitely working it up.

Didn't see the bulldozer...

Shocker! Removing trees with a United Rentals dozer has improved the track IMO. They have done nothing that actually indicates the track is going away. Port a potties??? No more fuel in the tanks??? Oh dear GOD!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...until the asphalt is broken into pieces TWS has not gone away. They can run the 1.8, they can even shut the track down for a year or three. Until the developers find the money to build on it, which I don't think they will have anytime soon based on the current and projected future state of the oil industry, the track is going nowhere and may change hands again when they move on to another investment opportunity. And yes I know about that river in Egypt...

According to Joey Todd they are starting the phase 1 environmental studies around August 21,2017 therefore the last time you can ever drive the 2.9 mile configuration is at their open track day on the 20th.

Booooooo. Can't people just, like, live somewhere else?

At the very least, I hope they at least accidentally end up with a Goatse Lane or something.