AhmadHasib

PDS - August 12-13

Does anyone own a suction cup / external mounting device for a GoPro? Just need the mount, not the GoPro ;) I'd really like to grab windshield facing footage of the lady's first track adventure. Will pay in beer for rental.

Got you covered.

By the way is your dad coming to this event? If he is I'm going to bring a tequila for him to try

It was a great weekend. It was way too hot which is obviously the reason I didn't set a PB, and Mike told us not to.

I did make the biggest mistake of my early driving career. Since I knew I was not going to get a PB on my normal street tires I'm learning on I switched over to some lightly used RRs that I got from Sam. God gave us slicks to make us happy. Not only did I drop 5 seconds, but I had so much fun on them. It might have also been the fact I didn't care about my times anymore, but I enjoyed driving the RRs significantly more. Unfortunately I have 3 set of tires in the garage that need to get used.

My instructor David Smith was awesome. By the end of Sunday I was feeling good going through turn 6 which had been my nemesis.

Good bye TWS. I wish I had more time with you. [emoji22]

I had a great time despite the heat!

The groups stayed pretty full up to the last couple, and at the end of the day a few of us took corner workers out for a ride.

I managed, on the last-ever-2.9-lap, to run out of gas in Turn 9. I coasted as far as 11, but had to wait for Sam to come rescue me with $50/gallon gas. :)

Great weekend ya'll!

I had a great time despite the heat!

The groups stayed pretty full up to the last couple, and at the end of the day a few of us took corner workers out for a ride.

I managed, on the last-ever-2.9-lap, to run out of gas in Turn 9. I coasted as far as 11, but had to wait for Sam to come rescue me with $50/gallon gas. :)

Great weekend ya'll!

Your new middle name is No-Fuel

How did everyone hold up in the heat?

Better than my street tires. I've never got my VR1's so hot that they start shredding the shoulders, but they certainly did this weekend, still held up pretty well considering. Pretty funny to be driving full tilt and only hitting 2:04's at best. Had quite a few four wheel slides up the banking of T7 this weekend, which I never ran into on 225 RC1's :D

Wonderful weekend - thanks DERF for the grill skills! Sorry about the engine! Thank you always to Mike and Pam for running and hosting a perfect event. @@cabowabo driving the literal fuckin' rubber off his tires, I still don't know how you were managing the speeds you had in T1/T2 and T7, lololol.

Highlight of my weekend was seeing Sam Leisey drive my spec in the same session I'm out with my student...priceless....

@@ht_geordie did you get some footage?

Yup, it was hot.  It was gloriously hot !!

Thanks to all our great TJ friends, but especially:

Mike and Pam for constantly working their buns off,

Fred because he fought through adversity and still saved the tequila for us,

my student who had a blast and gave me a gratifying weekend, 

and my son and gf who also gave me a gratifying weekend and, as always, spiked my fun level !!

I'm a lucky guy post-8-0-13592500-1502740438.gif

How did everyone hold up in the heat?

I did OK. The Miata, not so much.

59925b66d20ca_FredCaptainMorganSmall.jpg

Despite the blown motor I had a great time this weekend. I popped the engine on Saturday and was back out on Sunday with my daily driver. I was slow but I was smiling.

Thanks to Mike and Pam for hosting a great event!

Frederic

Wonderful weekend - thanks DERF for the grill skills! Sorry about the engine! Thank you always to Mike and Pam for running and hosting a perfect event. @@cabowabo driving the literal fuckin' rubber off his tires, I still don't know how you were managing the speeds you had in T1/T2 and T7, lololol.

Highlight of my weekend was seeing Sam Leisey drive my spec in the same session I'm out with my student...priceless....

@@ht_geordie did you get some footage?

Speaking of footage, did anybody get video of my engine exploding? My camera decided to stop recording so I don't have any video. I'm more upset about that than I am about the motor, I wanted some YouTube gold!

Speaking of footage, did anybody get video of my engine exploding? My camera decided to stop recording so I don't have any video. I'm more upset about that than I am about the motor, I wanted some YouTube gold!

Full screen 1080p and it's still small, but watch my side mirror after T3.