This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

robertcope

2.9 mile course gone after August?

Per an email from Rick: "There has been "some speculation made" by TWS management, after August 2017 we may not be able to run the 2.9 mile configuration any more and will instead have to run the 1.8 mile configuration."

Interesting. I suspect that would pretty much be the end. I can't imagine anyone seriously running the 1.8 mile course.

I'd want to see what the contract says that NASA and SCCA have with the track.

If they make it the 1.8, I won't go back. It is an awful little track. Both the NASA and SCCA races are on A&M home game weekends, so that would solve that problem.

It's a "possibility" that they might close part of the track down and cut off Snoopy's head, but it was also a "possibility" that the track was closing in 2015.... 

We have asked that they give us a confirmation of course config before we open our events for registration, as it is not fair to us, and the drivers, to change the configuration shortly prior to the event. We'll know for sure mid-July, but honestly don't expect anything to change anytime soon. 

I'd want to see what the contract says that NASA and SCCA have with the track.

If they make it the 1.8, I won't go back. It is an awful little track. Both the NASA and SCCA races are on A&M home game weekends, so that would solve that problem.

I can tell you that the contract's signed the past 2 years are basically open ended and that TWS can do whatever it wants.  That being said also based of the past 3 years I would not adhere to anything the rumor mill is throwing out there and to just see what happens when you actually get to the track.

Just thought that I would add when I go out there to play I like running the 1.8.  It is probably not for most cars but in the Miata it is a nice shake up form the 2.9.

Yeeeeah, I just got the email from PCA talking about their "final ever" event at TWS again on Sept. 30.......WTF? Do they actually have viable plans for the site or is this more of a response to the state of disrepair it's in? Either way, :(

Best info would be if someone is closer to the funding for the development.  I know highway 6 is convenient, but I gotta think there is a lot of land around BCS.  It seems BCS needs more hotels at that location near the highway, which may not be in as much conflict with TWS.  

Meh, 

Don't know how many of you all saw this/are friends with him, but Dave seems to be in the know on these types of things. 

595fe810d4dfc_Capture.png

Eww, if that's the case i'm out.  At least I got to drive TWS once in the 3 years it was closing ;)

There's a potential points championship for me there in November, but I'm less inclined to go because of the 1.8.   However, with an early twisty section and then two straights before finish line, my point-and-shoot RX7 should do well against competition there.  whatever time a good handling car might make up in the twisties can be overcome on the straights.  the back section is narrow enough that you will not want to go 2-wide through there.  I did the whole 1.8 track 2-wide in the 240SX racing against Adam Poland several years ago, but that was with a Miata and a driver I trusted.

Turn 7 is my favorite turn on this track.  :sad:  I scream like a little girl every time I go through there.

Thoughts of Turn 7 puts a grin on my face, it's a happy place, and it must rank as the most fun corner in all of Texas.