Sign in to follow this  
Hastarock

Convoy to Hallett 2017

@@EricJ - spur 408?

Yes, 408, oops.

"How can going through Dallas be better than Ft. Worth?" - Go through neither, go through Irving instead. I-35W is under construction in downtown Ft Worth and at the I-820 intersection. And it really sucks North of I-820 until you get to Tx-114.

"Everyone bring their roll of quarters for tolls."  - No toll booths in Texas to take your money. They'll bill you by mail if you don't have a Toll Tag. For OK, they honor North Texas Toll Tags, (I don't know about Houston E-Z pass) and have a manned toll booth at the OK-99 exit for change.

From Houston, you might also want to look at going around I-635 east of Dallas. There are now Express (toll) lanes from almost Garland to I-35, so that relieves most of the heavy traffic areas. It might be quicker. I live North of DFW Airport so through Irving is quicker for me.

http://drivetexas.org/#/7/32.340/-99.500?future=false

Times and locations will come later, but tentatively ...

the Houston phalanx will form up at Woodlands Mall Thursday morning and rendezvous with the Austin wingmen about 2 hrs 15 min later at Corsicana / I-45, then advance north.

Are y'all planning to take over the land and people in OK or just driving through it to run Hallett?

I'm leaving at 2AM thursday morning because I'm having lunch with my old boss in OKC. If any of you forget anything last minute, text me and I can pick it up in civilization (If you can call OKC civilization)

I might take the pass without a point.

You must be a DE4 guy.

Update:

The Houston phalanx will form up at Walmart Supercenter, 1407 N Loop 336 W, Conroe, TX 77304, 7:00 AM Thursday morning (there's a Starbucks and a fast food there), and rendezvous with the Austin wingmen about 2 hrs later at Corsicana / I-45, Shell, 2901 US-287, Corsicana, TX 75109, then advance north.

Go get'm Sam!  Wishing I was going with you guys.     :cray2:  :cray2:  :cray2:

Make it happen, Bryan !

If work will let me off the hook I'll join the Walmart regiment.

Yaay !   post-8-0-29706300-1497645042.gif

I can't get to Conroe by 7am, so I'll see you all there

Too early? I'll be waking up in Kazakhstan on Thursday morning and should be at the track by 8pm.

See y'all there!

Cheers,

Bryan

Floating some ideas here.

AC says, and I agree, it may be a good idea to use the Waze app to plan the route north from Corsicana as we go. It will know the real time best route, Dallas / Fote Wuth, etc.

I'm bringing walkie-talkies for group talk on the way, and I encourage all to be on radios as well.

Do that forum thing now, ok?

I'll be a few hours ahead of ya'll and can relay information about roads and such as needed. 

I'm assuming we're all going to try to paddock together?

Too early? I'll be waking up in Kazakhstan on Thursday morning and should be at the track by 8pm.

See y'all there!

Cheers,

Bryan

I shouldn't have said I can't. Somebody else wouldn't do well leaving my house at 6am. Not naming anyone though.

I'll be a few hours ahead of ya'll and can relay information about roads and such as needed. 

I'm assuming we're all going to try to paddock together?

Good question.  I'd like to.  But at the same time, I really want to camp in a generator-free zone, if there is such a thing.  What's the layout like at Hallett?  Google Maps makes it look like we're all going to be parking in the grass.

Good question.  I'd like to.  But at the same time, I really want to camp in a generator-free zone, if there is such a thing.  What's the layout like at Hallett?  Google Maps makes it look like we're all going to be parking in the grass.

If you want generator free, go down past the shop to the little pond area. You'll get some generator noise, but not much. Also, typically a cool-ish breeze.

Also, have any of you bothered looking at the forecast yet? Looks to be unseasonably cool and wet for Hallett.

The Houston phalanx will form up at Walmart Supercenter, 1407 N Loop 336 W, Conroe, TX 77304, 7:00 AM Thursday morning (there's a Starbucks and a fast food there), and rendezvous with the Austin wingmen about 2 hrs later at Corsicana / I-45, Shell, 2901 US-287, Corsicana, TX 75109, [/size]then advance north.

Just bumping this.

We should be in the lot behind Jack in the Box.

If you Houston guys want to eat or drink in Conroe, please arrive early. Let's leave there at 7 am.