Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would anyone be interested in running laps at TWS or MSR Cresson on Assetto Corsa?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, TX
  • Track Vehicle:99 M3

So I have roughly converted TWS and MSR Cresson from Rfactor to Assetto Corsa.  

I can and have hosted a dedicated server for AC.  I was thinking that I could do a TJ server to run laps at TWS or MSRC.

Maybe one night a week we could organize a group of us to turn laps?

Texas World Speedway:  https://www.dropbox....6j/tws.zip?dl=0

MSR Cresson 3.1:  https://www.dropbox....tRanch.zip?dl=0

To install the tracks extract the folder in the zip file to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks 

Dedicated Server is named  "TrackJunkies - TWS"  Search for it in the online server browser inside AC.

Password:  TrackJunkies

Mumble (Voice Chat) Server: 71.41.246.117

Mumble Port: 64738

vchengap

vchengap

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:'08 Miata
I'm interested. Do you mind sharing the tracks? You may have sent TWS to me once before but I'm not sure where I put it.

Is it pretty straightforward to install tracks in AC?

vchengap

vchengap

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:'08 Miata

Ok, I got TWS loaded up and ran a few laps in the NA Miata and Cayman GTS.  I gotta say, it's a pretty faithful representation of the real thing.  Turns 1 and 4 feel a bit more tricky to get right in the sim, but I felt right at home on the rest of the track.  Cool stuff!  Gives me something to practice on before the PDS event in May.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm down for some online racing if you get something going.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Updated the first post.. I will work on getting the dedicated server up and running tomorrow.  Maybe we can run laps tomorrow night.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Ok, I got TWS loaded up and ran a few laps in the NA Miata and Cayman GTS.  I gotta say, it's a pretty faithful representation of the real thing.  Turns 1 and 4 feel a bit more tricky to get right in the sim, but I felt right at home on the rest of the track.  Cool stuff!  Gives me something to practice on before the PDS event in May.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm down for some online racing if you get something going.

Only things that I find way different are the roughness is not represented (but its not a laser scan so thats expected) and the curbs are a bit high.  The original track creator made those and I didn't take the time to reduce the height of them.

MSR Cresson is a great experience though.  I thought it seemed very similar to the real thing, even the elevation changes!

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Dedicated Server is up and running!  Along with a Mumble (voice chat) server.

mkarr

mkarr

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:Scion FR-S

You thought about setting up a Discord chat? Seems like a ton of the gaming community is moving that way currently. Would be nice to keep everything in one app.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I will look into it!  I found mumble to be the easiest to setup.  TeamSpeak and others have all gotten way too complicated.  

My brother and I were running laps last night, it was fun!  

JoshEE

JoshEE

Track Denial

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 Miata

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the tracks.  I'd be interested in running some laps sometime, although I just got a wheel/chair setup so I'm getting up to speed with it.  You mentioned you converted these tracks from rfactor?  How hard is it, any links to a good tutorial?  I'd love to have MSR Houston on AC as well...

On a side note, were you at MSR Cresson March 10-11?  I think I may have been parked next to you, I was in the red NB Miata and work at NI if that rings a bell.

Oh and Discord is super easy to use, I use it with friends for Overwatch and other games.  It's real easy to setup a private server and voice chat channel.

mkarr

mkarr

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKaty

@clifton23 , what DLC/Mods do you have enabled on your server. I am unable to join with a basic game.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the tracks.  I'd be interested in running some laps sometime, although I just got a wheel/chair setup so I'm getting up to speed with it.  You mentioned you converted these tracks from rfactor?  How hard is it, any links to a good tutorial?  I'd love to have MSR Houston on AC as well...

On a side note, were you at MSR Cresson March 10-11?  I think I may have been parked next to you, I was in the red NB Miata and work at NI if that rings a bell.

Oh and Discord is super easy to use, I use it with friends for Overwatch and other games.  It's real easy to setup a private server and voice chat channel.

Yep that was me!  I plan on converting MSR Houston too.  It's not overly hard to do just time consuming and a bit frustrating.  I want to get TWS a bit more polished before I start MSR Houston.  I need to fix the curbs at TWS.

Only thing I dont like about Discord is that you can't run a dedicated server.  I still haven't given it a full test yet.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

@clifton23 , what DLC/Mods do you have enabled on your server. I am unable to join with a basic game.

I have all the DLC packs..  So some of the cars might come from that.  If you know of any cars you want to run, I can set it up for just them.  However, I recommend purchasing the DLC.  Lots of good cars like the Porsche packs.  

My brother and I were running the Miata cup car tonight and it was an absolute blast!!   Maybe we can all jump on tomorrow night?  I can set it up for just the miata if you have them.

mkarr

mkarr

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKaty

It's no big deal to get the DLC. The interface just doesn't make it very easy to know what specific DLC I need to join. Do you have a list of the cars you have setup?

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I change it almost nightly depending on what cars we want to run. Last night I left it with what I thought was a good mix but I can remove or add any car you want.

When I get home I can post the list of cars

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Current entry list on the server 

59000bb55fc65_carlist.png

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3

I've been waiting for a TWS conversion!! Do I need to purchase a multiplayer membership to join your server? It seems that online play is limited to a handful of tracks for people who have not purchased a membership.

I'm a lost soul.

clifton23

clifton23

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I've been waiting for a TWS conversion!! Do I need to purchase a multiplayer membership to join your server? It seems that online play is limited to a handful of tracks for people who have not purchased a membership.

Ive never heard of a membership.  Shouldn't need to buy any membership.. Just search for the server and connect!

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3
Hmm. I guess I still haven't figured out AC yet.

I'm a lost soul.

mkarr

mkarr

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKaty

I did a few laps around TWS last night. It seems pretty decent, but not perfect, of course. A lot of the references, like different colors of pavement, the little road at T6, and the bump before T10 are missing. But otherwise it feels pretty lifelike.

R_W

R_W

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX
  • Track Vehicle:C6 Grand Sport

I just found this thread! I'm going to jump on tonight if I have time! :D