Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lots going on a COTA

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,400 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

http://www.mystatesm...dmHe8FQbTNpO5K/

Highlights for me:

• Fifteen Formula America cars have been purchased that can be rented for three-hour programs starting this summer. Drivers will spend time in simulators and in a classroom before taking multiple 20-minute sessions on the circuit.

• The Audi Driving Experience will kick off in June with about 40 high-end sports cars available for five driving programs — autocross challenge, track initiation, track pro, street drive and quattro off road. There will be options for half-day, one-day or two-day rentals.

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

Brentster

Brentster

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx (Galleria)
  • Track Vehicle:2009 M3 Coupe

Epstein also touted COTA’s new driving experiences, which will have price points that allow a wider range of people than previously to test the 20-turn layout

“We have a lot of private racing clubs, many from California, who rent the track for a whole weekend then resell their slots,” he said. “Sometimes, really high-end clubs fly in from all over with their cars. Businessmen from Japan, Europe, all over bring their rides to COTA.

“Now we’ll have affordable opportunities for people in our community to get out on a world-class Formula One track.”

Affordable?   Like less than $600 per day??  

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

It's more affordable than buying a pro race car and entering a race..

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

V6Donut

V6Donut

V6 S2000

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationCypress TX
  • Track Vehicle:2003 S2000
Affordable is just a punch line word and in the eyes of the beholder. IMO.

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

Yep..  I know a few guys that think a $3000/day blue-water fishing trip is 'affordable', while I'm trying to find some used brake pads to get through the next race!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

CosmosMpower

CosmosMpower

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFrisco, TX
  • Track Vehicle:997 GT3, F80 M3, F87 M2

I would love to drive a formula car at COTA, street cars are getting boring there.  1st world problems :)

07' Porsche GT3

16' BMW M3 6MT

17' BMW M2 6MT

03' BMW 330i ZHP

M5Driven

M5Driven

Track Denial

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Braunfels
  • Track Vehicle:E36 M3

$600 a day is pretty high!  Keep shopping...

BMWCCA and PCA charge closer to $500 a day, as well as MVP.  I think Edge Addicts without an instructor is just over $500 a day.

But I am interested in the Audi program.  If they bring an R8 other R car for rent, I am interested!

Wahoo!  So good to live in the Texas Hill Country!

Blipshift

Blipshift

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Track Vehicle:2011GT3RS, 1995 993 RSR

Austin Schnell Fest is a three day event and only cost $315/day, and run group will be capped at 50 max. The next one s Nov 17-19.

For those not familiar with Austin Schnell Fest, it is the combined PCA - BMW event.

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3

Austin Schnell Fest is a three day event and only cost $315/day, and run group will be capped at 50 max. The next one s Nov 17-19.

For those not familiar with Austin Schnell Fest, it is the combined PCA - BMW event.

Do we have to register for all three days like the previous event? I have classes on Fri, so that's a shitty situation.

I'm a lost soul.

Blipshift

Blipshift

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Track Vehicle:2011GT3RS, 1995 993 RSR
Kong, The November event is a three day event. We are looking at the possibility of doing some two and a half day events next year, but that will require additional coordination to work out. Get your school work done and then come join us.