Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hankook Ventus R-S4 Tires

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

rickyboycz

rickyboycz

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCollin County, TX
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3

Hey guys,

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone has had an opportunity to run on these tires yet.  I just picked up a set and will be using them in my next HPDE event at the end of the month.  I checked online and only found one review by a guy that used them in autocross.

Regards,

Rick

Colin MX5

Colin MX5

GOING CHARLIE SHEEN, BRB

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Track Vehicle:99 miata...stockish

they look promising, 245/40/15's for the the wide tire miata guys too.

http://www.miataturb...k-rs-4-a-92176/

Little miata...big wing...
In the process of replacing hamster power with gerbil power!
Posted Image

Jee

Jee

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:Miata

Some more testing including the Toyo R888r

http://www.tracktune...and-hankook-rs4

90civichbsi

90civichbsi

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1990 Honda Civic

I'm glad to see it isn't another cheaty 200tw street tire. I am more curious how it compares to the Direzza ZII in both grip and treadlife.

I wonder why they aren't offering a 205/50/15. I do like the 245/50/15 option though.

cabowabo

cabowabo

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationATX
  • Track Vehicle:97 Miata

I'm glad to see it isn't another cheaty 200tw street tire. I am more curious how it compares to the Direzza ZII in both grip and treadlife.

I wonder why they aren't offering a 205/50/15. I do like the 245/50/15 option though.

Tread life, dunno, but it's definitely right up there with the current crop of "Super 200's" grip wise whereas the ZII is older tech. It wears like iron because it's slower :)

90civichbsi

90civichbsi

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1990 Honda Civic

Tread life, dunno, but it's definitely right up there with the current crop of "Super 200's" grip wise whereas the ZII is older tech. It wears like iron because it's slower :)

They are great for time trials and short stints, but when you can kill them in a weekend aren't ideal for the typical track dayer like me.

I plan to stay in the true 200tw category for a while. Or as long as they continue to make them.

cabowabo

cabowabo

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationATX

They are great for time trials and short stints, but when you can kill them in a weekend aren't ideal for the typical track dayer like me.

I plan to stay in the true 200tw category for a while. Or as long as they continue to make them.

I might be a bit biased since I just started running them, but the RC-1 is a terrific track day tire. I'm using them for TT where they're not quite grippy enough for the job, but  I love this tire already. Well behaved, drives like a 200TW street tire without the tread squirm, lots of audible feedback, and should maintain the same grip all the way to the cords unless you're camber limited and murder the shoulders. If you don't have the ability to bring an extra set of wheels/tire they obviously don't work out, but I'd choose them over any street tire any day...except a rainy one.

HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationsan antonio
  • Track Vehicle:2010 Evo X

they look promising, 245/40/15's for the the wide tire miata guys too.

http://www.miataturb...k-rs-4-a-92176/

This is a terrible tire test. It really tells you nothing.

So we're having this emerging "super 200 TW" tires that wear like cheese apparently. One question i have is how much quicker they will wear. I'm trying to figure out which tires have the cheapest $ spent per track weekend metric..... I had michelin PSS that lasted 8 track weekends and 15k DD miles.  My Yokohama AD08R lasted 7 track weekends and 8k dd miles.  Anyone else have some data they can share? 

cabowabo

cabowabo

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationATX

FWIW, looks like current 300TW is the old 200TW.

http://www.miataturb...e3/#post1397328

lobster

lobster

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:2015 Corvette Z51

This is a terrible tire test. It really tells you nothing.

So we're having this emerging "super 200 TW" tires that wear like cheese apparently. One question i have is how much quicker they will wear. I'm trying to figure out which tires have the cheapest $ spent per track weekend metric..... I had michelin PSS that lasted 8 track weekends and 15k DD miles.  My Yokohama AD08R lasted 7 track weekends and 8k dd miles.  Anyone else have some data they can share? 

Pilot Super Sport ZP last about 3 weekends on the fronts and "forever" on the rears. 

though I do run fairly aggressive negative camber in the front and the car is 3350lbs  

I'm also not sure if the tire is the same compound as the smaller non ZP tires.  

handsoffsam

handsoffsam

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNashville
  • Track Vehicle:Bluth Stair Truck

tenor.gif

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
#15 SM 94'