Sign in to follow this  
V6Donut

My V6 powered S2000 build thread: Yeah, it never stops.

What's redline on the new motor? *Ihavetoask*

I'm not sure yet, since there isn't much data from others on the internet, I'm going to rev it till it stops making power. Factory was 6800, i was taking the stock motor to 7k. I'm assuming this will go 7500-8kish. not exceeding 8k even if power is still making. 

I'm not sure yet, since there isn't much data from others on the internet, I'm going to rev it till it stops making power. Factory was 6800, i was taking the stock motor to 7k. I'm assuming this will go 7500-8kish. not exceeding 8k even if power is still making. 

That's awesome. 7500-8000 is getting into "Hmm, Robert could consider swapping that into the NSX" territory. I imagine if it wasn't stroked it could do 8K+ pretty easily. Not that I want my C30A to blow, but I have to accept the possibility!

Notching the new Ap2 trans that's been sitting in storage for the past 3 years with a busted 1st gear syncro spring. All rocked and ready to roll now.  Also removed the TOB guide and clutch fork since the new Twin disc is using a hydraulic release bearing. 

5ac4d03853363_IMG_2517.jpg

That's awesome. 7500-8000 is getting into "Hmm, Robert could consider swapping that into the NSX" territory. I imagine if it wasn't stroked it could do 8K+ pretty easily. Not that I want my C30A to blow, but I have to accept the possibility!

haha! yeah, technically its not "stroked" like F series, block heights are same and decks are same. Its just another factory crank in a factory block. This one is just stamped 32a2 and my crank is from a 35a4. 

Ask Scott how he likes the J swap in the NSX. 

preparing for the new twin disc comes shimming the release bearing. tolerance is .150-.175 distance from clutch to TOB.  I figured it would be easier one man to do it with the engine in the car. So here she goes.  

Some don't believe i use a seat belt to install engines.... i like it, strong and wont scratch the valve covers. 

5ac4d199ac018_IMG_2514.jpg

5ac4d1d01ed1b_IMG_2516.jpg

Looking good!  Can't wait to spin out in front of you at a future NASA event!  :rolleyes:

hahahahaha! Thanks man!  That was so funny. In my head i was like..... I didn't even ask for a point by.... haha

haha! yeah, technically its not "stroked" like F series, block heights are same and decks are same. Its just another factory crank in a factory block. This one is just stamped 32a2 and my crank is from a 35a4. 

Ask Scott how he likes the J swap in the NSX. 

that's how the original strokers were done..  if the crank is from a 3.5L and original was a 3.0, then I ASSUME you have a longer stroke now?   If that's the case, then be wary of raising the rev limit due to higher piston speeds from the longer stroke.  of course, there are many other factors there..   pistons, con rods (and bolts), counterweights on the crank, etc..   Most of Nissan's factory cranks are 'half-counterweight' style and run out a little over 7000rpm before they get too shaky and cause problems.   Crower or someone made a fully-counterweighted crank that made the same engine good for 8000+RPM, beyond the practical flow limits of the cams and head for most anything but an all-out build. 

Just something to keep in mind on that aspect..   ultimate piston speed is the killer of most engines.

preparing for the new twin disc comes shimming the release bearing. tolerance is .150-.175 distance from clutch to TOB.  I figured it would be easier one man to do it with the engine in the car. So here she goes.  

Some don't believe i use a seat belt to install engines.... i like it, strong and wont scratch the valve covers. 

Seat belts are WAY stronger than most people think.   I learned that lesson many years ago watching junk yard folk cut belts out of a car and use them to lift the entire car!

I figured an OG would chime in on my stroker comment. Yes sir, fully aware of where it began. Just in my opinion now a days there's many alternatives. 

The  J series comes in both 86mm (3.2L) and 89mm (3.5/3.7L), since majority of the blocks are the same I don't consider it a stroker. If i had a custom crank north of 89mm made then id personal call it a stroker. For the mean time its just a stock motor with a little extra umph. haha  :tongue:

I've never seen someone lift a car with a seat belt. That's awesome.  

The long block was assembled by InlinePRO.  I'm curious how it performs myself, longevity included. 

that's how the original strokers were done..  if the crank is from a 3.5L and original was a 3.0, then I ASSUME you have a longer stroke now?   If that's the case, then be wary of raising the rev limit due to higher piston speeds from the longer stroke.  of course, there are many other factors there..   pistons, con rods (and bolts), counterweights on the crank, etc..   Most of Nissan's factory cranks are 'half-counterweight' style and run out a little over 7000rpm before they get too shaky and cause problems.   Crower or someone made a fully-counterweighted crank that made the same engine good for 8000+RPM, beyond the practical flow limits of the cams and head for most anything but an all-out build. 

Just something to keep in mind on that aspect..   ultimate piston speed is the killer of most engines.

Seat belts are WAY stronger than most people think.   I learned that lesson many years ago watching junk yard folk cut belts out of a car and use them to lift the entire car!

Installed the twin disc last night and shimmed the clutch release bearing to perfection. Its awesome how light the pressure plate it. I'm super excited about this. 

5ac61e7c12040_IMG_2559.jpg5ac61e87113e8_IMG_2560.jpg

Installed the twin disc last night and shimmed the clutch release bearing to perfection. Its awesome how light the pressure plate it. I'm super excited about this.

5ac61e7c12040_IMG_2559.jpg5ac61e87113e8_IMG_2560.jpg

Nice. I'm about to pull the Lexus transmission again to adjust the TOB one final time, I hope. No way to measure or adjust on the car. :/

Nice. I'm about to pull the Lexus transmission again to adjust the TOB one final time, I hope. No way to measure or adjust on the car. :/

That's a bummer, the SC has a hydraulic TOB as well? 

It does now.

I think Robert needs to just drill a 2" hole in the bellhousing so he can see what's happening in there.  cover it back up with a small metal plate to keep crap out.

It does now.

I think Robert needs to just drill a 2" hole in the bellhousing so he can see what's happening in there. cover it back up with a small metal plate to keep crap out.

I made a hole a long time ago. But I can't adjust or measure through it.

Yeah, I have a McLeod setup. Some day I may try and source the Australian OEM stuff which is a more traditional external slave and fork setup.

Yeah, I have a McLeod setup. Some day I may try and source the Australian OEM stuff which is a more traditional external slave and fork setup.

Baller clutch setup. McLeod or Tilton is awesome and goals one day.