Sign in to follow this  
V6Donut

My V6 powered S2000 build thread: Yeah, it never stops.

Started to build an intake box this weekend to help with IAT's this is as far as I got Sunday.

I used aluminum from my hood cuts.

post-1170-14990916276589_thumb.jpg

post-1170-14990917026792_thumb.jpg

post-1170-14990917262306_thumb.jpg

Some awesome progress on Sunday!!! I felt cold air for the first time coming out the vents!!!  I mounted the new bracket, installed A/C compressor and lines. Then pulled a vaccum and did a charge.  After going to and from AutoZone to find the belt i needed 4 times I ended up using one that was just a little to big and probably would have drug the backside of the compressor under load. 45" belt for anyone asking.  the proper size i believe is a 44.5 which i found at o'rileys this morning. This makes me a solid 90% complete to having a/c. 

The 10% i am short is power to the compressor,  i manually jumped the compressor to turn activate the clutch off the EPS power box.  I dont have power to my A/C plug on my harness. i have to dig deep on this one for sure. Hopefully i can figure this out this week. 

59637a29175eb_IMG_8369.jpg

59637a4fc6297_IMG_8381.jpg

So this picture is with my a/c delete belt, bypassing the compressor. 

59637a5d9ed56_IMG_8375.jpg59637a7c42e7e_IMG_8383.jpg

Awesome. AC is "very nice" (understatement) to have at this point in Houston :) Maybe you can help @@Dave install it into his 350Z. <ducks>

Awesome. AC is "very nice" (understatement) to have at this point in Houston :) Maybe you can help @@Dave install it into his 350Z. <ducks>

hahaha! since his is just plug and play that's no problem. Just a solid days worth of work.   This car with custom what feels like everything is killing me LOL. 

You better duck. 

We installed the 11k front 10k rear S.W.I.F.T springs mounted on Saturday, and wow! What a massive difference!!!  The adjustment knobs are super changing from Stiff to smooth.  The ride quality feels so much better. The car doesn't feel like a Cadillac but is still very comfortable for the street. Everything feels much more responsive. Defiantly this is the way to go in my opinion for these coils.
We are registered for the track event in September 23rd-24th at MSR Houston. I will be able to provide more feedback then for sure. MSRH will be great to do and compare to how they were with the 8kg spring rates.  We will be doing some back road carving soon as well. 

Made some changes to my a/c system, more just the belt.

Added a pulley from an 03 accord V6 since it's a 1/4" smaller and now using a 44" OD belt.

The tensioner is now at the new belt line and it's awesome. Lots of room between belt and compressor now.

Before it was pretty tight.

Best part about using economic car parts.

This pulley with bearing was on the shelf at John Eagle Honda $18 with tax.

Here's some pictures:

post-1170-15000379805958_thumb.jpg

post-1170-1500038063755_thumb.jpg

Here's a before so you can have a good comparison.

post-1170-150003819165_thumb.jpg

super late update here! 

Last weekend in prep for MSRH with NASA i have finally decided to change all my wheel bearings. 

OEM Honda hubs

ARP extended wheel studs

2 OEM honda bearings

2 Timken bearings 

So, why 2 of each? because the internet says they are the same and i didnt trust it and wanted to see for myself.  Long story short, they looked exactly the same.  all four NSK bearigns, all four had same imprefections in same areas. 

What i dont get is Honda supplies NSK bearings but P/N calls for NTN. *insert confused emoji*  What I didn't do is open the bearings up and inspect them internally. Grease ect..... 

So, why 2 of each? because the internet says they are the same and i didnt trust it and wanted to see for myself.  Long story short, they looked exactly the same.  all four NSK bearigns, all four had same imprefections in same areas. 

What i dont get is Honda supplies NSK bearings but P/N calls for NTN. *insert confused emoji*  What I didn't do is open the bearings up and inspect them internally. Grease ect..... 

Good info. Going to need to replace the other rear bearing in my S2K. I used all Honda parts before.

Good info. Going to need to replace the other rear bearing in my S2K. I used all Honda parts before.

My guess the timken Hubs are probably same exact quality at 50% cost.

Yesterday I had the upper control arm Honda TSB support done by my friends at Mayco Performance.

We did the upper control arm supports welding.

Really happy with how it came out.

Total time spent was about 4 hours with the prep work. It was actually a lot more tedious than I anticipated..... go figure. Haha.

Now I'm sticky tire ready with less worry.

post-1170-15054984739949_thumb.jpg

post-1170-15054985290963_thumb.jpg

That's nice looking welding. I like the he didn't do a continuous bead all the way around.. if one of the welds cracks the crack will not propagate to the others, so it's stronger this way

I need to do this. Been putting it off for a while...

It's why I went ahead and did it. Better early than late.

That's nice looking welding. I like the he didn't do a continuous bead all the way around.. if one of the welds cracks the crack will not propagate to the others, so it's stronger this way

Horray!

Wife got me a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel that I'm super stoked about. the 320mm is amazing. a bit more resistance but I'm really excited to wheel on track. 

My hub is a momo hub that's on the older side. I'm going to grab some new bolts since they are a bit ugly. 59dbd9c8d18a1_IMG_9992.jpg

NASA TX/NOLA at NOLA Motorsports park was a wild weekend. Super rough and still amazing as always. 

Thursday night:  I always finish my car prep with a fresh oil change. Sadly, this time is was full of glitter. The glitter was miniscual but enough for me to want to pass on an event. 

Friday: I head off to work all bummed out becuase I wasnt able to make the event in my car. Couple hours into work (1030AM) i get jacked and decided im going to soruce a replacment engine and stuff it in the car and make it to the event on Saturday.  I called my friend Steve who owns Mayco Performance and asked if I could use a lift to swap my engine in my car to make the event. He said yes and I owe him huge.  I got to his shop about 1130 and found an engine at the same time. I called @@DTP525 and told him the plan, he was totally down with it and offered to go pick up the engine. I had the engine out of the car in about 2-3 hours.

the difficult part was swapping everything over, I fee like that took forever. the engine had a ton of sand in the intake valves and also in the water pump. Blew all it out with the air and hoped for the best. 

more info and pictures coming.....

NASA TX/NOLA at NOLA Motorsports park was a wild weekend. Super rough and still amazing as always. 

That about summed up my weekend as well. 

Here’s the photos. :-)

At Mayco Performance Automotive in Houston

Super awesome guys to allow me to do this. So awesome.

post-1170-15094963234396_thumb.jpg

My good friend Rene works for Steve, Rene had a break and jumped in on the action.

post-1170-15094963676478_thumb.jpg

This was about 3/4 the way to NOLA I think. I just remember my wife calling me and telling me I forgot my sleeping bag.

post-1170-15094963876486_thumb.jpg

After fixing 3 fuel leaks I finally remembered the starting issue.

My AEM Infinity only picks up 1 of the 4 pick ups on the cam gear. I tried the big angle grinder from @@Shuka but it didn’t get the entire thing off. So sadly I had to keep searching for something else. post-1170-15094965323076_thumb.jpg

Luckily a race team there was able to help me out and borrow the tools.

post-1170-15094964515378_thumb.jpg

post-1170-15094964978756_thumb.jpg

Pho, can’t have a little smiley face and ...... with out your Pho. Lol

post-1170-15094965323076_thumb.jpg

Man it's crazy that you did all that in a day, and managed to actually get out on the track.  Did  you figure out what went on the old engine?  Hopefully it was an isolated issue and not something they are known for!

I'm glad you got it together in time to drive the track.

Sameies, part of me says I should have just left old Motor in till it chunked.