Sign in to follow this  
V6Donut

My V6 powered S2000 build thread: Yeah, it never stops.

Excited, I have all new (used low mile) power steering parts going on this weekend. I really hope this will fix my issues im having with the power steering. Otherwise ill complete my manual rack project ive started. 

Also can't remember if I shared this or not.

Put the car on the scales with the height adjusted properly and this is the weights. With 140lbs added in driver seat and 10lbs set over full tank because i typically track with full to 3/4 tank.

post-1170-14973587194438_thumb.jpg

Now to fix the p/s and get her to rev out to 8k rpms. Slap either 3.90 or 4.10's in and the monster will be back.

A BBK is on the list to do for sure. But further down the line.

The Sakebomb front and rear BBK looks to be a good option.

Hell yeah. That AP stuff is sick, but also $$$. 

What's F/R split? You have any interior in?

What's F/R split? You have any interior in?

Yes, all front interior just no softtop or spare tire accessories.

(No I didn't corner balance the car) just tossed it on scales.

post-1170-14977413611795_thumb.jpg

post-1170-1497741452355_thumb.jpg

So with the softtop stuff in, that means the J series is about 120-140 lbs more than an F series? Or am I overestimating how much the soft top stuff weighs?

So with the softtop stuff in, that means the J series is about 120-140 lbs more than an F series? Or am I overestimating how much the soft top stuff weighs?

Well, I have oem hardtop with glass. My car weight is 47 lbs more than what it was before

Plus side today moving forward!!!!!

So my power steering is electric and I have been chasing a nightmare.

So this morning I decided to change everything related to power steering.

Batter harness to EPS fuse box

EPS steering rack

Torque sensor

EPS micro computer

And wala! She's working again.

I have a feeling it was just the rack but I was tired of playing games.

So excited so so so excited now.

Yeah, nice. I tried driving and tracking my S2K without power steering, it was not great.

Yeah, nice. I tried driving and tracking my S2K without power steering, it was not great.

I've had issues all year. It's just been intermittent and always leave me without it on track.

I can't stand the heavy feel of electronic steering without assist. Inputs are to large and then to small. It's never the same.

I created a back up manual rack if this didn't solve the issue with dropping the "motor" and creating a sleeve to support it.

I'm happy I didn't have to use it and play with caster settings.

Yea, the S2000 power steering assist is really nicely tuned to where it's doing almost nothing at higher speeds. A touch on the light side at slow speeds, but it makes the car feel ultra nimble with the low ratio rack.

Interesting that the J series is that close to the F. Food for thought... I guess the SOHC heads are probably very light.

Yea, the S2000 power steering assist is really nicely tuned to where it's doing almost nothing at higher speeds. A touch on the light side at slow speeds, but it makes the car feel ultra nimble with the low ratio rack.

Interesting that the J series is that close to the F. Food for thought... I guess the SOHC heads are probably very light.

Guess so!