Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTB: E36 M3 Street Car

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3
Hello. I'm looking for an E36 M3 coupe, either in Texas or very close to Texas. I do not have time to look nationwide. I plan to use the E36 as a DD, long trip car, and occasional track/autocross use. Because of that, I do not expect the car to be 100% perfect cosmetically, but the car needs to be well cared for mechanically. Please let me know if you, or someone you know, has a car the meets my requirements.

I'm also open to non-M E36 coupes and Z3 coupes. Bare minimum for them is manual transmission. There is a 97k mile M3 available to me, but I do not have the funds to buy it. My current budget is around $5-8k.

Requirements (for E36 M3) are..
- 1996-1999
- Coupe
- Manual transmission (manual swap okay but please disclose)
- Clean title
- No low mileage cars (I would hate to see someone damage a 50k mile car)
- No stancebros (unless you can convince me your car was cared for. Looking at whym3)
- No preference on exterior color
- No preference on interior color (seat swap to vaders is fine)
- No Luxury Package
- No major issues
- No rust
- Mechanically sound (some minor/common issues might be okay)
- Interior can't smell terrible (e.g. smoker's interior), and it can't be in terrible condition (excessive rips, stains, etc)
- No shady Carfax/Autocheck history
- Maintenance records
- I am selective about mods; let me know what's been done to your car, and I'll tell you if I'm okay with them.
- Seller needs to know if weak points have been reinforced. It's fine if things have not been addressed, but I need to know.
- Seller will allow me to get a PPI done by a shop of my choosing
- I am not interested in working with "flippers."

I will add to the list if necessary.

I prefer to work with an enthusiast who is upfront about everything. I do not appreciate dishonest time wasters. Just disclose everything good and bad. I am more likely to buy a car if the owner discloses all issues, than if I have to find issues that the seller is hiding. Do not misrepresent your car.

I am not in a rush to buy an E36; I can wait for the right car and seller. I am located in Austin, Texas, and if I need to make a trip outside of the city, it'll need to happen during a weekend and planned about 2-4 weeks in advance.

If you have a car you think I'd be interested in, please post details in this thread or send me a PM.

Thank you

I'm a lost soul.

BobKid

BobKid

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 BMW M Coupe
This would definitely be a nice add to the garage

http://enthusiastaut...form_display=51

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationKaty
b74ccda842abf49c7aa5d12626557e25.jpg

I'm a lost soul.

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationKaty
Bump. I need to make my garage look like this.
754a1d2345a4509359a06a619f8cf194.jpg

I'm a lost soul.