Kungkungbing

NASA April 21 -23 Texas World Speedway

Guest lobster

Are you sure number classes are same as letter classes for that. I think his TT calculation will be pretty simple and I guess he'll be TT2 so no aero penalty. I run a Cup front splitter. I don't think anything he has done will ding him on PWR. I just don't know his Avg RWHP.

I aim to setup the car for both TT as well as ST.    I just want to do TT on the way to ST prep.  

That was fun - great hangs with everyone. Thanks cabo and shuka for the alignment help saturday night and big thanks to shuka for diagnosing the missing bolt in the steering column. That was probably the fastest off I've ever had...

That was fun - great hangs with everyone. Thanks cabo and shuka for the alignment help saturday night and big thanks to shuka for diagnosing the missing bolt in the steering column. That was probably the fastest off I've ever had...

In for Yacht Rock code brown.

You were killing it out the in SM!

extractions, plural?  what did I miss on saturday and sunday.  

It seems like everything happened on Sunday. A car hit the tire wall on T2 and we had 2 extractions from what seemed to be blown engines.

Yup, one of those blown engines was me. Coming out on the outlap during session two on Sunday, gave it throttle and started to track out at T2, and *pop*. Put a nice hole in the side of cylinder #2. 

gJ9A2HW.jpg

Yup, one of those blown engines was me. Coming out on the outlap during session two on Sunday, gave it throttle and started to track out at T2, and *pop*. Put a nice hole in the side of cylinder #2. 

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry. Was this motor stock?

Saw your post in the track group, huge bummer. I feel like I am just on borrowed time with my motor...

Yeah, stock motor. With around two years and 60 to 70 days at the track on it.

Dang. And it had oil and no issues you know of? Are BRZ motors known to pop eventually or is it a bit of a fluke?

Checked oil before the session. It was full. It does seem that the motors are sort of explodey when it comes to track use. @@Vinnieb blew one up last year at Road Atlanta too. And couple other members of the local FRS/BRZ club have also blown up motors on track.

Guest lobster

Checked oil before the session. It was full. It does seem that the motors are sort of explodey when it comes to track use. @@Vinnieb blew one up last year at Road Atlanta too. And couple other members of the local FRS/BRZ club have also blown up motors on track.

What other motors can fit in that platform as opposed to just replacing it?

What other motors can fit in that platform as opposed to just replacing it?

Just about everything you can think of to swap in the chassis has already been swapped into it. There are some integration difficulties, of course, with the CAN Bus system, and stuff like electric power steering, ABS, and the cluster. All of that is being slowly worked out by the aftermarket. But nothing is *quite* a 100% drop in plug-and-play swap yet. And, of course, I could still swap in like 6 new stock motors for the cost of one of those swaps....

I aim to setup the car for both TT as well as ST. I just want to do TT on the way to ST prep.

TT and ST have same rule set with respect to classification.

I think Scott is right on aero for TT2. TT3 has a distinction for BTM vs non-BTM aero. TT2/ST2 does not.

Your car will be nicely placed in TT2/ST2.

I'm sorry to hear that, are you still under warranty?

More like 1:54.  Look up Tom Schnorr on this page.

http://racehero.io/events/nasa-texas-season-opener-msr-houston/results/1073741926#show:detailed-info-overall-D467382fe

If you ever get a chance, ride along with him.  It's an amazing experience!

Frederic

There's no way he's in the 1:54's lol. He'll tell you as much.

I do think he cracked 2:00, which is absolutely flying for a TTE car.