Guest lobster

lobster car or how to choose seats?

22 minutes ago, Thundermoose said:

which helps how?  

oh I dunno something like track times and such.  heck I dunno.  I'm a performance nut so 400lbs lighter on anything means that car has the potential to go faster period.  

37 minutes ago, Talley said:

oh I dunno something like track times and such.  heck I dunno.  I'm a performance nut so 400lbs lighter on anything means that car has the potential to go faster period.  

whats your weight and horsepower now?

1 hour ago, Thundermoose said:

whats your weight and horsepower now?

575rwhp and 3850 w/ driver and fuel.  Not sure where this is going though and I surely don't want to derail this guys thread.

I was just saying in my mind that corvette being some 400lbs lighter that thing has to haul butt compared to any mustang out there

Guest lobster
23 minutes ago, Talley said:

575rwhp and 3850 w/ driver and fuel.  Not sure where this is going though and I surely don't want to derail this guys thread.

I was just saying in my mind that corvette being some 400lbs lighter that thing has to haul butt compared to any mustang out there

lol dont worry about it.  

lots of us here are NASA people our world revolves around power to weight ratio.   

Your car with that rwhp and weight would class in ST1/TT1  7.2:1 roughly    (my car is 8:1)  

So if you're "curious" as to what your car could in theory do, look at times from TT1/ST1 from NASA.  Obviously a lot of those cars are closer to their class limits on power:weight 

Theoretically your car should be "faster" around the track than my car as a ST2 car. 

2 minutes ago, lobster said:

lol dont worry about it.  

lots of us here are NASA people our world revolves around power to weight ratio.   

Your car with that rwhp and weight would class in ST1/TT1  7.2:1 roughly    (my car is 8:1)  

So if you're "curious" as to what your car could in theory do, look at times from TT1/ST1 from NASA.  Obviously a lot of those cars are closer to their class limits on power:weight 

Theoretically your car should be "faster" around the track than my car as a ST2 car. 

oh nice... thanks for that input.  Obviously this is driver dependent but as I'm a newb with a car that you would be able to handle it still gives me a "this is what I need to work to" kinda target.  I'm just trying to continually improve and trying to figure out where I am at with what is capable. 

Great point on the comparing thing.  I just looked up the rules... yay it seems like I can add 4# more boost and get to around 625rwhp and still be legal.  woot woot.  I think I'll end up shooting for TT1.  I probably have about 5 years to go before I am decent enough to get there.  So far I have 1 HDPE event and it was pretty bad but I'm excited to continue to get better.

Thanks for the info man

Oh man I found the TT calculator... seems like I could get away with 800rwhp and still be TT1 compliant.  Now that is scary!  I think I would prefer to detune and qualify for TT2

9 hours ago, Talley said:

Oh man I found the TT calculator... seems like I could get away with 800rwhp and still be TT1 compliant.  Now that is scary!  I think I would prefer to detune and qualify for TT2

I weigh 3000 lbs and make 330 hp.  I get a credit for tires so run at about 9.4:1 raw wt to hp.  Car will run 1:38's at MSRH in either direction.

I felt that you overstated the weight difference in being huge in terms of performance. At best, 400 lbs by itself would only translate into a 1-2 second difference in my experience.  You seem to have the right attitude - you need to work on driver mods.  Your car is plenty capable wt and hp wise to run quick laps. Just get out there, get instructed seat time and we'll see you in TT2 next year.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:49 PM, lobster said:

So, even with my eventual plans on getting a race car I still want to keep taking the corvette to the track.   

2 hours ago, Thundermoose said:

I weigh 3000 lbs and make 330 hp.  I get a credit for tires so run at about 9.4:1 raw wt to hp.  Car will run 1:38's at MSRH in either direction.

I felt that you overstated the weight difference in being huge in terms of performance. At best, 400 lbs by itself would only translate into a 1-2 second difference in my experience.  You seem to have the right attitude - you need to work on driver mods.  Your car is plenty capable wt and hp wise to run quick laps. Just get out there, get instructed seat time and we'll see you in TT2 next year.

Oh thanks for the clarification.  I just figured my heavy pig would be hindered and I have a hard time doing extensive weight reduction on it since it's a street car and forever will be.  I don't think I'll make it to TT2 next year but now I have a long term goal.  Maybe 4.  Can't wait.

Lobster... that's still one bad ass corvette man.  Hope them C8's don't give you a run for your money!

Guest lobster

Another smallish update. 

destroyed a rotor at NOLA but won a tire!  2nd place in TT2 

won the first ST2 race and retired early in race 2 from aforementioned rotor issue (at the time thought it was more sinister but looking at it at home showed the worst grooving ive ever seen.   

Probably could of finished the race knowing that and just compensated for the pulling under braking but err'd on the side of caution.  

I have also ordered an OMP HTE-R halo seat.    Having the some more front aero bits fabricated some good old fashioned spats.  

Additionally I've ordered AMT spherical bearings and an AMT camber kit for the car.  

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, lobster said:

Another smallish update. 

destroyed a rotor at NOLA but won a tire!  2nd place in TT2 

won the first ST2 race and retired early in race 2 from aforementioned rotor issue (at the time thought it was more sinister but looking at it at home showed the worst grooving ive ever seen.   

Probably could of finished the race knowing that and just compensated for the pulling under braking but err'd on the side of caution.  

I have also ordered an OMP HTE-R halo seat.    Having the some more front aero bits fabricated some good old fashioned spats.  

Additionally I've ordered AMT spherical bearings and an AMT camber kit for the car.  

havent been here for a couple of weeks and there you go winning races!!! Kudos to you Sir!! well done! on board video footage? and then with the umbrella girls and podium champagne ?!

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, lobster said:

Mark is a cool dude! Hung out with him in Indy during the PRI Show. Had a blast!

Guest lobster
On 12/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, Paladin said:

havent been here for a couple of weeks and there you go winning races!!! Kudos to you Sir!! well done! on board video footage? and then with the umbrella girls and podium champagne ?!

lol well I suppose I have another update  @Clay made me remember about this thread. 

the latest setup changes to the car have really paid off, i'm very happy with it now.   I can actually steer left and right at speed. it's amazing 

On 12/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, Captain Buddha said:

Mark is a cool dude! Hung out with him in Indy during the PRI Show. Had a blast!

I haven't met him in person but he is incredibly helpful every time I've talked to him. 

Lobstah - you need to make it to the PRI Show this next year. Always a very good time - great for networking too!

Guys just before pulling the trigger on seats...anyone with Recaro pole positions I can have a last try in it? I am inclining towards the OMP wrc but need to give Recaro one last chance!

Guest lobster
On 2/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Captain Buddha said:

Lobstah - you need to make it to the PRI Show this next year. Always a very good time - great for networking too!

I think it would be awesome to attend eventually but realistically not this year.   To many trips planned already.  

36 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Guys just before pulling the trigger on seats...anyone with Recaro pole positions I can have a last try in it? I am inclining towards the OMP wrc but need to give Recaro one last chance!

I just plopped the HTE-R in the car you're welcome to try that one out but it's a little smaller than the WRC fwiw 

I have an HTE-R XL version sitting in my garage if you need the fat boy version.  nearly brand new.  I bought two of them cause they were a good deal, and I need to get rid of one if anybody's looking.

It's a touch loose on me and I'm pretty round (5-9, 250lb, 40" waist).   I'm going to add a little foam under the cushions for lumbar and kidney support but otherwise it's very comfortable.

12 hours ago, lobster said:

I just plopped the HTE-R in the car you're welcome to try that one out but it's a little smaller than the WRC fwiw 

do you imply something for the size of my butt???...be careful here Lobstah...you make a killer combo with red sauce on pasta!!!! 😛

thank you! are you around? I'd like to give it a try yes

1 hour ago, Matt93SE said:

I have an HTE-R XL version sitting in my garage if you need the fat boy version.  nearly brand new.  I bought two of them cause they were a good deal, and I need to get rid of one if anybody's looking.

It's a touch loose on me and I'm pretty round (5-9, 250lb, 40" waist).   I'm going to add a little foam under the cushions for lumbar and kidney support but otherwise it's very comfortable.

thank you very much for the invitation. I have tried and drove the WRC-XL and its really really comfortable. I probably fit better in the non-XL version hence trying the normal HRE would make more sense for me. 6.1 - 200lb, 34 waist.

alternatively anyone is aware of any place in the houston area I can go and try these 2 seats? I have narrowed down my option from different samples to wither OMP WRC (Standard) or Recaro Pole Position. The only reason I like Recaro is the leather/suede combo...if it wasnt for that I would go blind-folded to the WRC...unless anyone know a shop that I can upholster the OMPs in leather/suede (and add the Jake Skull Emblem!)

Guest lobster
13 minutes ago, Paladin said:

do you imply something for the size of my butt???...be careful here Lobstah...you make a killer combo with red sauce on pasta!!!! 😛

thank you! are you around? I'd like to give it a try yes

I'll be at MSRH on the 28th  with Driven & Blessed.   

so yesterday I was fortunate enough to receive a few msgs from some very kind Truckjunkies and had the opportunity to go and try a few seats in cars. 

spent some time in the seats, assessed the harness bar location and HANS compatibility and finally had the oppotunity to be taken for a couple of drives.

decision has been made and I am pulling the trigger on 2 of these:

https://www.torqued.io/tillett-b6-screamer-race-car-seat

On 2/21/2020 at 8:49 AM, Matt93SE said:

Still have this and will to sell?