Guest lobster

lobster car or how to choose seats?

Where do you guys go to get a car weighed and dyno'd in Houston

I think I need to get a baseline before I start tinkering with removing weight.   I don't want to get ahead of myself and end up in TT1 or ST1  (which ultimately it doesn't matter too much, I just want to have fun not to win the ashtray every time) 

For NASA purposes make sure it's a dynojet 224 or 248 and that SAE correction is used. In Austin the shop I went to charged me $100 for my three pulls. Not sure if that's reasonable or not, but for reference.

Guest lobster

Thanks yall it looks like Mayco is familiar with NASA.  

I wouldn't know what reasonable is, I've never had anything dyno'd ever.  

I have used Mayco and Jim Berg at MSRH.  Last time I went to Mayco his temp sensor was bad so I couldn't get SAE corrected dyno. 

Jim probably has scales.

Guest lobster

I have used Mayco and Jim Berg at MSRH.  Last time I went to Mayco his temp sensor was bad so I couldn't get SAE corrected dyno. 

Jim probably has scales.

do you have his contact info?     Anybody going to get a dyno anytime soon that I can tag along with?

Gregg at ECR / Pinnacle has a dyno, what about gSpeed? Cannot help you with Houston shops though.

do you have his contact info?     Anybody going to get a dyno anytime soon that I can tag along with?

Ill send you a PM with his Info.

If you want something closer to the northwest side, Late Model Racecraft is near 290 and beltway 8, and caters to the domestic crowd. not sure what type of dyno they have in the shop, but they're worth a call if theyr'e closer to you.

well.. I cant stop.

5c09807610d9a_20181204_123644.jpg

5c0980b86bf5e_20181206_110308.jpg

I like it! Looks like the outside of Spencer's shop, did he build the cage?

Guest lobster

Yep, it's up there right now at Dashbuilt   He should be finished up with it sometime next week   

Guest lobster

#trackinspired

Part of me wants to load the car up and troll the “corvette invasion” next year where like a million old people gather to look at identical cars and do parade laps around cota to tell their grandkids they’ve “wheeled around cota”

Did you ever consider selling the C7 and getting something a bit cheaper or already built before making the leap to a cage? Or did you just have an attachment to the C7 and wanted to keep going with it?