Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another new track?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

lonestarrpm

lonestarrpm

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:'75 RSR, Spec-944, Boxster S

I did ask if her guest room was ready and if she'd get up extra early to make me breakfast before a track day  :tongue:

I think her laughter was probably louder than a track day :-)

BobKid

BobKid

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 BMW M Coupe

I think her laughter was probably louder than a track day :-)

I was very surprised to hear my sweet older sister use the words that she did. :ohmy: 

They hurt this old sailor's tender ears.  :angel:

Lou Gigliotti

Lou Gigliotti

Addicted Racer

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWestminster Tx
  • Track Vehicle:Corvette, Camaro, Aston, More

Hi Guys, 

Don't be such pessimists .  

First we have changed up the original design because I also don't like Point and Squirt tracks.  We changed the east straight and made it much longer and it goes through the woods.   
the membership fees and dues are not cheap but in the same breath you all say, "I hope is doesn't go bankrupt like so many track startups." So don't worry, we have a great business plan and with 2 tracks and 365 days, that means a potential of 730 days per year available.    

SO don't worry, we are going to be a track designed by racers for racers.  It will be built and paved just like COTA so the track will stay SMOOTH with no seams in the track.  GOOGLE  Youtube, "Area 27  A driver's dream" to see who is my contractor

we also have 3 levels of membership with financing available for other than Founding VIP Winners circle members and other founding members.  But with so many available days, we plan on paying the bills with Track days for sure.
Three World Challenge Championships, 4 Runner up Championships, 25 world Challenge wins, with my last win just 18 months ago at the age of 65!  Yes, I can do anything sitting down!

So I will just be "sitting down" while we build this track and finish up here.  My company, LG Motorsports should be moving into the two story building by the end of March.  The building on the right is the first of many garage spaces.

From 1 car to whatever the customer wants.    

Membership does have its benefits. Priority Garage choice, early Member number gets priority on every thing we have available.  It appears that many folks have high stress and high time value and will just pop in as their time permits, so they need availability on demand.  We will provide Concierge service, Arrive and Drive, Full fabrication shop availability. etc.   We didn't build so many winning cars by accident.   So we can take care of any problems.  

See you at the track  Guys,   Hope this answers any questions you have.  

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti 
LG Motorsports

972-429-1963  

Here are some images from last Saturday's Car show and Presentation.  We had 200 people there and over 100 cars.  With Barbecue served.   

5892189bb6b7c_LGMOTORSPORTSPARK.jpg

589218e423386_LGMotorsportsParkDay1.jpg

58921a062dbb2_PartofthecarsatLGMP.jpg

58921a38a9606_crowdmovingin.jpg

58921a80026a9_LGCars2.jpg  

5892260280ab5_LGPOSTERWEB.jpg

Bellow are some of the cars that I built and raced over the last 40 + Years.   

589227a765962_LousRacecarsthroughtheyear

WINNER Longreach GP 2001 Below

589226e97aaae_282000Mosport03.jpg

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX

Awesome, thank you for stopping by Lou! We've seen a few groups come and tell us that a new track is going to happen, but yours is the first time I actually believe it. Looking forward to coming up and playing!

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

Double O 86

Double O 86

Licensed to thrill

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands
  • Track Vehicle:'99 Miata

Yeah, thanks for the update and for joining our little forum.     :happy:

vchengap

vchengap

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:'08 Miata

Awesome!!  Also, congratulations!  I don't think I can afford a membership, but count me in for track days.  This will be the closest track to me by a long shot.

Lou Gigliotti

Lou Gigliotti

Addicted Racer

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWestminster Tx

Here is a graph of what happens to sound starting with 108 db then moving just 20 meters away (65.6 feet) reduces the db Noise lever to below that of a loud conversation.   

At 1/4 mile (1320 ft) it is below a whisper to the human ear.   

The closest house is 400 feet or about 6 times what the graph shows.   Then there is Ambient Sound that comes in at about 50-60 db it will not be an issue and the guy closest to the pavement has indicated that he would sell his home at some point and he is not worried.     

So neither are we especially since we talked with all the controlling authorities that have no issuers with the track. They said in an unincorporated area, a neighbor can build a 20 million dollar home and another can come build a mobile home and neither one can complain about the other.  

No worries  

thanks

Lou Gigliotti 

58923020baeaa_DBGraphs.png

dizzy8085

dizzy8085

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:2012 mx5

Here is a graph of what happens to sound starting with 108 db then moving just 20 meters away (65.6 feet) reduces the db Noise lever to below that of a loud conversation.   

At 1/4 mile (1320 ft) it is below a whisper to the human ear.   

The closest house is 400 feet or about 6 times what the graph shows.   Then there is Ambient Sound that comes in at about 50-60 db it will not be an issue and the guy closest to the pavement has indicated that he would sell his home at some point and he is not worried.     

So neither are we especially since we talked with all the controlling authorities that have no issuers with the track. They said in an unincorporated area, a neighbor can build a 20 million dollar home and another can come build a mobile home and neither one can complain about the other.  

No worries  

thanks

Lou Gigliotti 

58923020baeaa_DBGraphs.png

A conversation is made up of different frequencies than a bunch of spec miatas buzzing around. It's not quite that simple. I've just come from racing motocross, where so many tracks have been shut down over the years due to sound. Especially when the bikes switched from two strokes to 4 strokes and got louder. 

That being said, I'm glad you've done your home work on the sound issue, and I cant wait to drive the track! It looks awesome. I hope NASA gets to race there!. 

2012 mx5 track rat

hornetball

hornetball

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'95 Miata

Best of luck Lou.  Looking forward to driving your creation.  I'm a member over at MSR-C, and I'm really thankful for guys like you and Jack who take on the challenge of building these nice tracks.

Silver 90 1.6L Turbo Miata (Greddy + MSPNP, Cowl Induction, FCM) (Build Thread)
Red 95 1.8 Miata (949 Racing 95R Project Emulation) (Build Thread)

Boostedtaco

Boostedtaco

Moving Chicane

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDFW,TX
  • Track Vehicle:00' Honda Two Thousand

Thanks for posting Lou! Will there be a reciprocating membership agreement?   :biggrin:

00' Red Honda Two Thousand

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2

Thank you for posting, Lou!!!

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

rickyboycz

rickyboycz

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCollin County, TX
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3

Exciting times.  Will be awesome to have this track so close to my house.  I'm looking forward to running on the track.

centerville

centerville

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationKeller
  • Track Vehicle:'03 Mustang Cobra

Great news all the way around. 

Lou Gigliotti

Lou Gigliotti

Addicted Racer

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWestminster Tx

Thanks for posting Lou! Will there be a reciprocating membership agreement?   :biggrin:

Is that like a Reciprocating Engine? :   :biggrin:

Boostedtaco

Boostedtaco

Moving Chicane

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDFW,TX
  • Track Vehicle:00' Honda Two Thousand

Is that like a Reciprocating Engine? :   :biggrin:

Sure! Anything you want it to be so I don't have to have purchase another membership  :biggrin:

00' Red Honda Two Thousand

LibertyMKIII

LibertyMKIII

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNorth Dallas Area
  • Track Vehicle:MR2 SPyder
Very excited for this! The location is about 15 mins from where I live. I am a poor college student/adult so probably just a track day event or 2 per year for me. :)

HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationsan antonio
  • Track Vehicle:2010 Evo X

all you fools complaining about driving a couple hours to your tracks..... while i drive 5 hours to MSR-C, 4 hours to MSR-H, and 3 hours to TWS. Forget about eagles canyon and NOLA. Immagine leaving the track at 6pm sunday and arriving at home 11 pm after two long days of racing in the sun and you have to be at work by 6:30 Monday morning.

It's a real shame we can't get a track outside dallas closer to the rest of the state's population. That said i'll still gladly be there, ready to question my life choices at work monday morning. 

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

You chose to live near the tree huggers!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Locationsan antonio
  • Track Vehicle:2010 Evo X

You chose to live near the tree huggers!

I'd rather  be near the tree huggers in austin than san antonio... at least that way i'm a solid hour closer to everything :\