Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another new track?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,008 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX

https://www.facebook...154557856426539

"As we complete our new LG Motorsports building just north of McKinney, we have acquired a total of 161 acres where we will build a new Motorsports race track facility. 

Feel free to contact me regarding the VIP memberships and the garage spaces available.
Thanks
Lou Gigliotti 
LG MOTORSPORTS PARK."

583b486a54bb4_lgmotorports.jpg

Anyone have more information?

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

Bruce

Bruce

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
I hope he has support if the local government or the locals.

dizzy8085

dizzy8085

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:2012 mx5

Track layout looks awesome! Very technical. 

Lou posted a picture on the facebook comments of an 80 percent complete business building on the property. 

The claim is 9-14 months and it'll be finished. 

Those residential homes it butts up against is worrisome to me. 

2012 mx5 track rat

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,008 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Track layout looks awesome! Very technical. 

Yeah, so nobody will want to go, basically. There's a reason people flock to TWS in droves but shun Cresson.

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

dizzy8085

dizzy8085

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationHouston

Yeah, so nobody will want to go, basically. There's a reason people flock to TWS in droves but shun Cresson.

robert

That's interesting. I'm fairly new to this stuff and I haven't been to cresson yet, but I've only heard that cresson is awesome. 

In my opinion, the more technical the better. 

2012 mx5 track rat

BobKid

BobKid

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationGranbury, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 BMW M Coupe

robert

As long as the penalty for pushing it over the edge is dirt or mud and not cement, I'm in!

equiraptor

equiraptor

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX, USA
  • Track Vehicle:2006 MX-5, and whatever else I can grab

There's a reason people flock to TWS in droves but shun Cresson.

Yeah, TWS is an hour and a half away. Cresson is 5 hours away. If the distances were reversed I'd constantly be at Cresson.  :smile:

dizzy8085

dizzy8085

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationHouston

Yeah, TWS is an hour and a half away. Cresson is 5 hours away. If the distances were reversed I'd constantly be at Cresson.  :smile:

Same here. NOLA is closer to me than Cresson. 

2012 mx5 track rat

V6Donut

V6Donut

V6 S2000

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationCypress TX
  • Track Vehicle:2003 S2000

maybe we can make a road trip out of it?  TJ meet and track?

handsoffsam

handsoffsam

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • LocationNashville
  • Track Vehicle:Bluth Stair Truck

kImLDt9.gif

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
#15 SM 94'

dmo2002

dmo2002

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound TX
  • Track Vehicle:99' Miata

Robert

I live in the DFW area and have access to MSRC and ECR both being equal distant.  Granted ECR is in disrepair but notwithstanding I still prefer MRSR being the more interesting/technical of the two tracks.  I like TWS and MSRH for the same reasons... lots of variety.

Robert,  Try TMS  (brake, left, gas and repeat)  just kidding!

surlynkid

surlynkid

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2013 M3 & 2010 GT3
I like Cresson. I would be there a lot if it was closer. I wish they had covered garages like TWS. TWS is fast and flowing but destroys tires. Cresson only offers 2 weekends per month to rentals unlike TWS which is every weekend. Your opportunity to get on TWS is twice as often. That is also a factor.

Scott Landon

#921 - Alpine White 2013 BMW E92 M3 DCT ZCP

#920 - Speed Yellow 2010 Porsche GT3

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,008 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

I found the cool kids, I guess. Cresson in a bit of a drive from Houston, that's for sure. I'm learning to love MSRH.

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

V6Donut

V6Donut

V6 S2000

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationCypress TX
  • Track Vehicle:2003 S2000

kImLDt9.gif

This guy, LOL :lol: 

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

My house to Eagles Canyon is about 7 hours, and I have to go through both Houston and Dallas.   This new track is north of McKinney, which makes it just a bit east of ECR..  so it's still going to be a 7hr drive through two major cities.

I'm glad to see another track, just wish it was in Corsicana instead of McKinney!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

90civichbsi

90civichbsi

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1990 Honda Civic

Here is the LG Motorsports Owner's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...liotti1?fref=ts

He made a post yesterday about it. Dirt work on the track starts in 2 weeks. The 55k sqft of buildings are supposed to be 100% finished by February. They are already talking to 2 race teams that could be taking up part of the lease space.

Here are all the relevant responses from the post. Sounds like this thing is actually happening.

Lou Gigliotti 80% complete new LG Motorsports New Company HQ -35,000sf with additional 20,000sf garage lease spaces

15085617_10154557870041539_4914555113231

Lou Gigliotti Full track is 3 miles. Track 1 and track 2 are both 1.5 miles long.
we have building #2 ready to lease out which will be on the alternate pit straight directly behind the lease space building., More building planned in the future as well as garage
spaces and Villas.

VIP Members will have special "Key Card" access through a private entrance,.
We are also talking to various track day companies.

Should be exactly what the Dallas Area needed.
Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

Lou Gigliotti Dallas car enthusiasts had a long ride to SW fort worth to get on a track. This will eliminate that problem.
Garage-Mahal spaces will be available too.

This is a 9-14 month project that we should start basic dirt work within 2 weeks.
We have been working on the LG HQ up till now. we used 4500 CU Yards of Concrete already!!

David Shanahan Getting Collin County to issue special use permit with acceptable noise limits must have taken years. Well done.

Lou Gigliotti there is no zoning where we are and no noise limits. Plus most of the cars will be street legal track cars.

Lou Gigliotti These are the 2 LG Motorsports buildings already under construction on the site. Building #2 in the back ground is a 20,000 sf concrete tilt wall that will be ready to lease out in about 6 weeks. We have two race teams talking to us now about the lease spaces. 1f642.png:)

15179178_10154558838041539_8136779429524

Juha Lievonen what is time frame to start and hope be done by, in operation?

Lou Gigliotti should be complete in about 9 - 14 months

Lou Gigliotti There is NO noise limit in the area that we are in. WE are in the county but even with that in mind, most of the track day cars are street legal.
We will also only operate the track from 9am - 5pm

Lou Gigliotti we will have thick tree lined borders plus some stone fences and wrought iron combo fences. There will be more noise from highway 121 than from this track facility

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

Can't access FB from work..  Have you seen any mention of plans for sanctioned race organizations (SCCA, NASA, WRL, LeMons, Chump, etc)?

The local SCCA board may have heard something about the track, but there has been no mention of it to the general population and there is nothing on next season's calendar.

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

El_Tortuga

El_Tortuga

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDFW
  • Track Vehicle:2014 Mustang GT (Track pack/Recaros)

Can't access FB from work..  Have you seen any mention of plans for sanctioned race organizations (SCCA, NASA, WRL, LeMons, Chump, etc)?

The local SCCA board may have heard something about the track, but there has been no mention of it to the general population and there is nothing on next season's calendar.

NASA and SCCA folks hitting him up.

Double O 86

Double O 86

Licensed to thrill

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands
  • Track Vehicle:'99 Miata

"As we complete our new LG Motorsports building just north of McKinney, we have acquired a total of 161 acres where we will build a new Motorsports race track facility..."

Aww, that's another thing that's never gonna happen.      :dry:

CosmosMpower

CosmosMpower

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationFrisco, TX
  • Track Vehicle:997 GT3, F80 M3, F87 M2

Works for me, happy to not drive 1+ hours to ECR or MSR.  I'm lazy :)

07' Porsche GT3

16' BMW M3 6MT

17' BMW M2 6MT

03' BMW 330i ZHP