Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High Speed Touring Nov 19-20

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dave

Dave

I don't know what I'm talking about

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • LocationFloating on a layer of particles that only exist when observed.
  • Track Vehicle:Done.

I'll be going to the HST in November. There is no racing this weekend, so it's only a DE. Expecting lots of track time on one of my favorite tracks.

Anyone else going?

2008 - Nissan 350Z        - Build Thread

1966 - Datsun Roadster - Build Thread

YouTube Channel

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,901 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX

Aww, man. I wish. I wish.

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

What a great event. Great weather, lots of track time, and hanging out with my peeps. Don't get much better than that. HST alone (no racing) gets you 7 sessions per day. Its a ton of track time. Advanced group went out on the hour, every hour, and the first session is a 9 am. So you get to "sleep in" and still get a ton of track time. 

I got a new PB in both directions this weekend. Sat was CW, and Sun was CCW. Good stuff.

If you ever get a chance to do HST on a non-racing weekend, I'd highly recommend doing it. The track is worth the drive up there. 

YouTube Channel

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

This should be on that show "seconds from disaster". Haha. It looks like a non-event for me, but one more waggle and I might of been in the tire wall. 

YouTube Channel

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

This is pretty neat, I get an entire thread all to myself. What is something really offensive that I can say since no one is going to read this? Hummm. In the mean time, here is another video no one is going to see. Whoohoo!!!

YouTube Channel

handsoffsam

handsoffsam

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationNashville
  • Track Vehicle:Bluth Stair Truck

This is pretty neat, I get an entire thread all to myself. What is something really offensive that I can say since no one is going to read this? Hummm. In the mean time, here is another video no one is going to see. Whoohoo!!!

hey bro we out here

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
#15 SM 94'

handsoffsam

handsoffsam

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationNashville

This should be on that show "seconds from disaster". Haha. It looks like a non-event for me, but one more waggle and I might of been in the tire wall. 

This is why I fear CW there...definitely not forgiving in any way that direction...

#15 SM 94'

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

This is why I fear CW there...definitely not forgiving in any way that direction...

Agreed. Turn 1 is really not forgiving at all. I'm good with about 7/10 through there now. Not worth it. 

YouTube Channel

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Trackside Vidya

YouTube Channel

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Are you bored with life? Do you wanna lose 1:28 minutes of it that you can never get back? Watch this

YouTube Channel

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,901 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX

Are you bored with life? Do you wanna lose 1:28 minutes of it that you can never get back? Watch this

Such a crazy track in that direction. I need to get back there in 2017.

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

handsoffsam

handsoffsam

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationNashville

Man, that just brought back memories. It was that corner station under braking into 2 (reverse) that just didn't seem right.....

#15 SM 94'

Dave

Dave

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Man, that just brought back memories. It was that corner station under braking into 2 (reverse) that just didn't seem right.....

That is probably the most challenging corner on the track. I never knew the best way to enter the corner. Also, do I shift or bang against the rev limiter coming down the hill? Where do I do the big braking for it? Earlier and bump the throttle again before the big rotation? Or wait and try to manage a big brake with the car's weight all on the right side? 

Yeah, I suck at that corner.

YouTube Channel

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

That is probably the most challenging corner on the track. I never knew the best way to enter the corner. Also, do I shift or bang against the rev limiter coming down the hill? Where do I do the big braking for it? Earlier and bump the throttle again before the big rotation? Or wait and try to manage a big brake with the car's weight all on the right side? 

Yeah, I suck at that corner.

Some of that depends on the traffic and your goals.  there's the fastest time through (look at the data), the safest way through (easier to be consistent as a mistake in that corner can do MAJOR damage), and racecraft.  I had to do multiple versions of all of that during the WRL race we did back there.  you MUST brake early/twice if there's someone beside you trying to outbrake you into that corner-- you cannot go through turn 3 2-wide and brake late- you need the entire track to do a single late brake.

If there's someone behind you trying to set up a pass there, then you would do the single late brake to keep them from diving inside you if you brake early.  It would be a low percentage move for someone to do that, but it happened to me several times there.  several of those times, the other driver did not make it out of the corner pointing the right direction, but still.   self-preservation is key here.

the 'fastest' way through as I see it is to go very wide and brake lightly before 3 to scrub enough speed that you can turn around 3 very late on the gas and then brake hard again.  however, that again takes up the entire track with very little room for error and you're screwed if you miss.  BTDT!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.