TrackJunkies.Org

grandsport speedway

Guest lobster

Guest lobster

So it looks like GSS updated their site since the last time I looked, they claim they're doing or will be doing all sorts of upgrades. 

does anyone know the status of these upgrades? 

are any of the groups able to host events there? 

or do you still have to go through GSS track days? 

There been lots of talk about upgrades and such for years, but i dont see much happening. At this point, I'm scared to drive my car across their parking lot because it's so overgrown with weeds and all the little metal bits I found while walking around during the Mazda thing there a couple weeks ago.

Guest lobster

wow good to know.  

I guess i'll stay away.  I've been thinking about track memberships here recently and GSS is a bit cheaper than most other tracks (which based on what you're saying would make sense) 

GSS is a fun little track to play around on, but the facilities are lacking and you'll never have a real race there.  The track is just too tight and narrow.  I've run a sub 1 min lap there and there's a large section of 2nd gear corners..

If you plan to pay for a membership in the Houston area, I'd suggest MSR Houston.  There's more going on there from a usefulness and membership perspective.

It's a fun little track. You can get in a *ton* of laps. Just going round, and round, and round... It is somewhat meditative. I haven't been there for over a year though. They have been perpetually "upgrading it". I have seen some FB posts with some heavy equipment out there, though. So maybe something is happening. 

I think that they should just turn this place into a rallyX park.

Part tarmac, part dirt.

I did a trackday a few months ago in my Honda - it was my last time.

There's only so much dirt you can push around for the last 2yrs since the owner has announced of expanding the track and adding amenities. I'll believe it when I see it. To bad because GSS' track surface is one of the best around.