Hollywood

TrackJunkies Support Meet 2016

I'll have (and be camping in) my 24' enclosed as well...

Usually on race weekend I park out on the 'drag strip' in the back, but for an event like this I'd rather park up front where everyone else is..

As long as you're not parallel to a garage I think it's open season. A good spot is just North or South of the gas pumps. If you're lucky you can grab power from the pedestal near the pumps.

Yep, I see guys there all the time.  most of the time during a race weekend, people get there on wed or thurs and claim those spots.  same thing along the fence along the front straight. the good thing is it's a lot closer to the crapper when you wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee.  (The good thing about parking in BFE is that I just open the trailer door and pee in the dirt!)

Given prior events, I'm thinking various hot dogs / brats on the grills to keep up with demand. You know how it goes, free beer comes out and everyone pounces - it's hard to keep up with burgers or anything beyond that. I've got that covered. What I don't have is a grill.

Dave and I can bring our small grill and Joey will probably let us borrow the WRL grill if we need it. We can always make a run to HEB Saturday afternoon to pick up stuff as well. 

I won't be in college station until late Friday night but I can bring sausage, drinks and whatever else is needed for Saturday. I'll be driving the Miata (M3 needs brake pads after being at COTA). I'll do an HEB run on Saturday.

Just broke the brand new truck in driving it to Texas  :ohmy: 12 hours straight, felt bad every mile..

Scooping up gear and heading that way, see you tonight.

I plan on grabbing consumables / meats / etc on Saturday as well to avoid having them sit a day in a cooler.

I'll bring a couple of cases of bottled water and some beer

Man, the weather is amazing!  I can't wait for tomorrow morning's sessions.

Yeah, shit, I am sad that I can't go because the weather is... amazing. Personal bests will fall. Fun will be had.

robert

Huge thanks to everyone for putting together an excellent weekend! David and Levica, props on running a clean, super fun event. Sam, thanks for bringing the swag! John, thanks for the pointers. Between your advice and following David and Sally, I set a new PB by multiple seconds (says more about how slow I have been than how fast I am now)! Nathan, as always, thanks for coordinating another great cookout. Couldn't have asked for better weather Saturday night. That combined with a run-group-promotion made for a memorable weekend at TWS.

I just got home and I wanted to thank everyone that put together this great event, it was one of the best track events that I've attended. A special thanks to Scott for helping me set a personal best at TWS (and it was in the Miata), thanks to Sam for the cool shirt, thanks to the guys that setup the cookout and thanks to Levica and the PDS Team for putting on a great event.

Sam, let me know how much the black shirts are and I can PayPal you for an XL.

Big thanks to Nate / Sam and everyone that hosted the event this weekend.  I had so much fun hanging with the group and camping talk with the campers. The weather was perfect for driving and camping. I hope that I didn't scare anyone with my driving. Playing with the spec Miata group was fun!!  

Great times by all! Thanks to Sam for organizing the fun!

Had a great time getting faster, thanks to some prodding by AC.

The car held together great until I went to load it on the trailer. The oil cooler mount caught the lip of the ramp and bent up/ruptured the radiator! :( Then on the way out I managed to scrape the corner of the trailer on the TWS exit tunnel :( :(

Nothing un-fixable, but a bum way to end the otherwise awesome event.

Big thanks to Nate / Sam and everyone that hosted the event this weekend.  I had so much fun hanging with the group and camping talk with the campers. The weather was perfect for driving and camping. I hope that I didn't scare anyone with my driving. Playing with the spec Miata group was fun!!  

Thanks for the rides (wasn't scared a bit!), it was a great prep for next month when I actually bring my car.....

It was great hanging out with everyone on Saturday. Hope too see y'all again soon!