It's such a fantastic track.

It's such poor timing for Texas events.  September 9 and 10.

Anyone going?   Anyone?

post-8-0-93815000-1470176499_thumb.jpg

Sigh. Maybe if I put Mazda emblems on the S2000, nobody would notice?

robert

I'm going.  Usually the first breath of Fall up there.

Go get that 1:29. 

I won't tell.  Bring Dave too.

I really need to unlearn the miata "get to gas" reference points. I end up drifting the Z on every turn because I've gotten to the gas too early. Hoping to get back to Hallett in Nov with the Z. 

Y'all have fun!

Great as always.  First day was run CW.  It started with torrential rains from a cold front (first "breath" of Fall), and we had a drying track all day.  I posted my PB for this direction (1:32.0) in the PB thread.  Here's video I shot with my friend Dustin on a ride-along:

Second day was CCW (normal direction).  As with the day before, it started with rain but then turned into a beautiful early-Fall day.  Just awesome.  I spent the morning chasing a vibration issue and didn't get out until the afternoon, but did manage a PB with air temps in the high 80s (1:29.5) -- also posted in the PB thread.  Here's video shot with my friend Ray on a ride-along:

Check out lap 3.  @@Ozmdd is driving @@johnwag's blue Miata and makes a great save.  You can hear the banter:

Me:  "Wow!  He saved THAT!"

Ray:  "Yeah!"

Me:  "I got the vid!"

Ray:  "Yeah!"

LOL.  So, yes, I have at least 2 friends and one of them is a conversationalist.

The vibration?  I took my rear discs off to inspect the rear hubs (I've broken them before and was paranoid about it).  The driver's side disc had to be tapped off with a hammer.  When it came off, a huge rubber booger popped out.  It was trapped in there and had become wedged between the disc and hub.  Noxious things.

Damn, that's fun. I can't really tell where I pulled you. Are you using a Traqmate?

robert

No, I was using an iPod with Track Addict.

Differences I saw:

1.  You had a cooler temps.

2.  Differences in gear use.

3.  You got better rotation on turn 10.  I was really struggling with understeer there.

4.  I made a pass coming out of the bitch.

A data comparison would be interesting for sure.