Hollywood

TrackJunkies: The 12 Step Program (Introduce yourself)

Hey are you the guy with the beard that was next to me last weekend in the grey Mazda???

Nope but I saw him too.  I had the 2008 red speed3 that was parked kind of in the middle of the pit area.

Oh ok. Well good, because he kind of crepped me out. I'm sure he was a nice guy, but he just stared at me all day....

Hi, I'm Creepy, and I'm definitively a track junkie.

This is why they call "Creepy".

My bagged '65 Cadi Hearse "The Creepy Cruiser"

P1100020Small.jpg

P1090999Small.jpg

I've actually been racing autocross, road racing,  circle track, drift, drags, and many other forms of racing since the mid 80's. I even sponsor the local autocross club here in town.

Right now I'm doing a KA24DE motor swap in my '69 Datsun 510, that I've had since high school.

I then went to work for Soulspeed in Austin while I was at UT. We did performance suspension work, track alignments, and built an E36 ITS racecar. We also did quite a bit of setup on some cars which some of you may know from SCCA and or Grassroots Motorsports magazine. A great learning opportunity for sure and Collin and Jasper are doing well with it now. 

Hi Forrest, I remember you from the old Bill Kim days @ Soulspeed... why did Bill ever get rid of that ITS E36?  That was a wicked car.

Hi Forrest, I remember you from the old Bill Kim days @ Soulspeed... why did Bill ever get rid of that ITS E36?  That was a wicked car.

I'm not sure when he got rid of the car but it was after I left Soulspeed, prepping that car was the inspiration for me to do an E36 for my own shop car. Did you ever have your car serviced by me/him, if so what was it?

I'm not sure when he got rid of the car but it was after I left Soulspeed, prepping that car was the inspiration for me to do an E36 for my own shop car. Did you ever have your car serviced by me/him, if so what was it?

I had my car serviced by Bill for quite a while... including while you were there.  Not sure if you remember it, as it wasn't anything particularly special.  It is the goldish/greyish Honda Civic that is under my screen name.  You may remember my father's silver WRX sedan as well... 2.2L stroker, GC Advance Designs, Stoptechs, rollbar, etc, etc.  We both have been in and out of Soulspeed since late 2003/early 2004.

I think I do remember your cars. Did the WRX have a tire rack built into the trailer hitch? Wow, that was a long time ago, I'm guessing both cars have changed since then.

Yep that was his WRX.  Im surprised that is the part you remember, haha!

The Civic has a K20/6spd swap from the RSX-S now and some bigger/badder brakes.  The WRX has a 2.5L Cosworth longblock now, bigger turbo, standalone engine management, etc.  But otherwise they are both just about the same as they used to be, and they both still see the track regularly these days

I stumbled on it from Spyderchat ,but I know the PTP guys

Glad you found this site! How are you liking your car now that its tuned?

It is what this car really needed ,more power but now I have to learn to drive all over again  torque,throttle control and braking are so different now

My name is Arthur and I am a Track Junkie going on Two years now

Hi, Arthur. ;)

Welcome and glad to have you, where do you frequent currently?

Thanks ,TWS and MSR with TWS as my favorite, can not get enough of it.