Jump to content
Hollywood

TrackJunkies: The 12 Step Program (Introduce yourself)

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm just getting my feet wet trying to get to events. I've had my 280Z for about 10 years now, and it's spent about 9 of those years in project mode. Kids are now in school (1st and 2nd grade) so suddenly there's a lot more ability to make time for vehicle progress. Got the car back on the road finally, and made it to my first autox.

I know I'm not in/from Texas, but I promise if I left CA that's where I'd go. I won't get into politics (boooorrrrring) but this state seems to want me to leave. I've got plenty of family and friends in Texas though (DFW area), so maybe I'll have to make a road trip out with the Z sometime for some events.

Vehicle isn't intended to class competitively, and is currently un-caged, which is a to-do for next year. The intent for the vehicle has always been "street legal race car I don't mind driving to work". And on that note I've been driving it to work quite a bit while the weather is still great.

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome (again) 🙂

I won't judge you by where you live as long as you don't judge me by where I live.  the majority of the folk on this board are from TX area, but this site is by no means "exclusive" to the area.  We welcome new folks, even if they're from a state that doesn't like guns or plastic straws or men that hold doors open for women.  

I love the old Zs- I built and raced one in LeMons for a while and it was just a blast to drive.  They're getting few and far between around here, but still some kicking around.

And pardon when I put on my old bastage hat and get cranky..  I'm not really an asshole- I just play one on the interwebs.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hey Everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm just getting my feet wet trying to get to events. I've had my 280Z for about 10 years now, and it's spent about 9 of those years in project mode. Kids are now in school (1st and 2nd grade) so suddenly there's a lot more ability to make time for vehicle progress. Got the car back on the road finally, and made it to my first autox.

I know I'm not in/from Texas, but I promise if I left CA that's where I'd go. I won't get into politics (boooorrrrring) but this state seems to want me to leave. I've got plenty of family and friends in Texas though (DFW area), so maybe I'll have to make a road trip out with the Z sometime for some events.

Vehicle isn't intended to class competitively, and is currently un-caged, which is a to-do for next year. The intent for the vehicle has always been "street legal race car I don't mind driving to work". And on that note I've been driving it to work quite a bit while the weather is still great.

Welcome man! We actually have a junkie that just moved out to CA from the TX region, hit him up and get on the NASA wagon out there. @cabowabo

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy All,

Darren aka Madtoro here.

Legal immigrant from Scotland now based on the edge of Houston.

Used to do track days at Knockhill in Scotland years ago, running strange cars like, Subaru Impreza WRX, Peugeot 205 GTI, Tiger Avon kit car and laterly a 400bhp Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

Running and modifying a 2005 Mini Cooper S. Track daying with Drivers Edge and Mini groups right now, but want to get in with Chin next year.

Plans next year - Little more aero on the car and gain more speed through practice 🙂  Also want to get to Eagles Canyon and COTA

Hope to see some of you trackside.

 

tiger on track.jpg

close up.jpg

Background.jpg

IMG_17080.JPG

Mini TD1-4.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Guest lobster
On 12/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, Captain Buddha said:

Welcome, Darren! Like cigars n whisky!?!? Lagavulin? Ardbeg? Laphroaig?

None of those scotches are any good 

would you like some whisky with your dirt water? 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys,

The names Thomas, im no stranger to the drag strip but ive never been to a track.

myself (5th gen Camaro 1LE) and a buddy (4th gen Z28) are looking into actually learning to drive our cars in a way other than a straight line.

my car has a hand full of power mods but no suspension or brake upgrades (except DOT4 fluid)

I am in Crosby NE of Houston and look forward to learning a lot and meeting some locals that might be able to point me in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Tmcgee2010 said:

Hey guys,

The names Thomas, im no stranger to the drag strip but ive never been to a track.

myself (5th gen Camaro 1LE) and a buddy (4th gen Z28) are looking into actually learning to drive our cars in a way other than a straight line.

my car has a hand full of power mods but no suspension or brake upgrades (except DOT4 fluid)

I am in Crosby NE of Houston and look forward to learning a lot and meeting some locals that might be able to point me in the right direction.

Welcome Thomas, we’re here for you 😂

 

C6EC973B-3AF3-4C9C-8534-8845A5234DF3.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy,

Just came across this forum following a link about a JV6 Miata. Just so happens I'm working on one too, in the same neighborhood, so I decided to add my chicken scratch to the pen.

Since the pandemic has afforded me all this unpaid idle time I get to work on my my stuff rather then others and got the chance to develop my miata into something that fills the nitch.

As soon as I can I want to get it on the track and see how the work done has changed the car and what I need to change.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello! 

I caught the bug and have been doing HPDEs every couple months for the last couple years, currently with an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.  Looking forward to meeting some junkies! Cheers! 
 

John 

DFW 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome!

NASA is running HPDE at Eagles Canyon this weekend. Very nice track if you are interested. 

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy / welcome Y'all!!

ECR is smooth....like buttah....reminds me....where's Lobstah ?????

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Captain Buddha said:

Howdy / welcome Y'all!!

ECR is smooth....like buttah....reminds me....where's Lobstah ?????

With all the youths at pikes peak raceway living the gridlife dream!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...