Hollywood

TrackJunkies: The 12 Step Program (Introduce yourself)

Hey Everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm just getting my feet wet trying to get to events. I've had my 280Z for about 10 years now, and it's spent about 9 of those years in project mode. Kids are now in school (1st and 2nd grade) so suddenly there's a lot more ability to make time for vehicle progress. Got the car back on the road finally, and made it to my first autox.

I know I'm not in/from Texas, but I promise if I left CA that's where I'd go. I won't get into politics (boooorrrrring) but this state seems to want me to leave. I've got plenty of family and friends in Texas though (DFW area), so maybe I'll have to make a road trip out with the Z sometime for some events.

Vehicle isn't intended to class competitively, and is currently un-caged, which is a to-do for next year. The intent for the vehicle has always been "street legal race car I don't mind driving to work". And on that note I've been driving it to work quite a bit while the weather is still great.

Welcome (again) 🙂

I won't judge you by where you live as long as you don't judge me by where I live.  the majority of the folk on this board are from TX area, but this site is by no means "exclusive" to the area.  We welcome new folks, even if they're from a state that doesn't like guns or plastic straws or men that hold doors open for women.  

I love the old Zs- I built and raced one in LeMons for a while and it was just a blast to drive.  They're getting few and far between around here, but still some kicking around.

And pardon when I put on my old bastage hat and get cranky..  I'm not really an asshole- I just play one on the interwebs.

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hey Everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm just getting my feet wet trying to get to events. I've had my 280Z for about 10 years now, and it's spent about 9 of those years in project mode. Kids are now in school (1st and 2nd grade) so suddenly there's a lot more ability to make time for vehicle progress. Got the car back on the road finally, and made it to my first autox.

I know I'm not in/from Texas, but I promise if I left CA that's where I'd go. I won't get into politics (boooorrrrring) but this state seems to want me to leave. I've got plenty of family and friends in Texas though (DFW area), so maybe I'll have to make a road trip out with the Z sometime for some events.

Vehicle isn't intended to class competitively, and is currently un-caged, which is a to-do for next year. The intent for the vehicle has always been "street legal race car I don't mind driving to work". And on that note I've been driving it to work quite a bit while the weather is still great.

Welcome man! We actually have a junkie that just moved out to CA from the TX region, hit him up and get on the NASA wagon out there. @cabowabo

Howdy All,

Darren aka Madtoro here.

Legal immigrant from Scotland now based on the edge of Houston.

Used to do track days at Knockhill in Scotland years ago, running strange cars like, Subaru Impreza WRX, Peugeot 205 GTI, Tiger Avon kit car and laterly a 400bhp Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

Running and modifying a 2005 Mini Cooper S. Track daying with Drivers Edge and Mini groups right now, but want to get in with Chin next year.

Plans next year - Little more aero on the car and gain more speed through practice 🙂  Also want to get to Eagles Canyon and COTA

Hope to see some of you trackside.

tiger on track.jpg

close up.jpg

Background.jpg

IMG_17080.JPG

Mini TD1-4.PNG

Welcome, Darren! Like cigars n whisky!?!? Lagavulin? Ardbeg? Laphroaig?