Hollywood

TrackJunkies: The 12 Step Program (Introduce yourself)

Hi my names Ian Crosson and the track needle has never left my arm for long. 1997 M3 track car to 2001 Honda S2000 track car to 1999 Mazda Miata track car. You would think I went backwards to people who don't know track cars. But i'm finally home!  Currently I put my hat down in Dallas; but my mind is always at COTA/Harris Hill.

Welcome! I'm new to DFW myself. Was a member at Harris Hill for years. Just joined at MSR:Cresson though. Hope to meet you out there sometime.

I sorely miss my Harris Hill membership; almost as much as Austin living.  Hope to see you out there; but honestly i've only been there once recently and it was to start talks about how i'm throwing my wedding out there.  Hehe no final plans yet but should be interesting.

Happy new year everyone, new to the whole thing. Doing first hpde in January at msr. Buddy races in wrl and won’t leave me alone to join him. I’m sure I’m about to go down the rabbit hole, lol car is an e92 m3.

Hello!  I'm Jason, live in San Antonio, and I'm in the process of going full stupid into the track world.  Had my first track day back in September and it's a bit of an understatement to say that I've been hooked since.  I'm now a member at Harris Hill & plan to get out to COTA as much as possible (along with as many other tracks as I can get to).  Mainly track an '09 BMW M3 that I plan to eventually run in TT3 (hopefully by the end of the year) & will occasionally take out my '18 GT-R for a drama free speed fix.  Want to run W2W at some point when my skills are up to par.

2018-10-06_EA_COTA_RP_8384_zpsiopzqbr5.j

5EF9334C-90B1-4D62-B48F-F7AC6F234C04_zps

Hi guys, Jonathan here. Recently moved to Houston from the East coast of Canada. Mostly an AutoX background (all that was available) over the past 12 years or so. What’s your guys advice on getting more track time in? I’ve just done the MSR-H event with NASA, but their next event is mid-March. And both Drivers Edge events between now and then are full. Are there other good options in the area?

Cheers,

2hh2h41.jpg

Hi guys, Jonathan here. Recently moved to Houston from the East coast of Canada. Mostly an AutoX background (all that was available) over the past 12 years or so. What’s your guys advice on getting more track time in? I’ve just done the MSR-H event with NASA, but their next event is mid-March. And both Drivers Edge events between now and then are full. Are there other good options in the area?

Cheers,

2hh2h41.jpg

Looks like Feb is pretty dry according to the TJ Calendar https://www.trackjunkies.org/calendar/

Events pick up in March.  Membership or guest of a member day may be a way to fill in some time.  MSRC, MSRH, ECR (when it's done) and H2R all have memberships.  I'm thinking pretty hard about the H2R membership, it's so close to home, easy to go for a few hours and be back home. I guess for you MSRH would be a good place to check out membership or at least see what the membership looks like.  

Looks like Feb is pretty dry according to the TJ Calendar https://www.trackjunkies.org/calendar/

Events pick up in March. Membership or guest of a member day may be a way to fill in some time. MSRC, MSRH, ECR (when it's done) and H2R all have memberships. I'm thinking pretty hard about the H2R membership, it's so close to home, easy to go for a few hours and be back home. I guess for you MSRH would be a good place to check out membership or at least see what the membership looks like.

I tried calling Curt (I think we have a mutual friend) but didn’t hear back from him today. Tonight I googled it, and in 2015 it was $5k buy in and $275 a month for anyone that’s wondering.

Having just hit the ground, I think that I’d want to experience a number of the tracks in TX before essentially going “all-in” on the budget on the one track. That’s kind of why I was interested in what else might be out there beyond the popular couple of HPDE groups.

I tried calling Curt (I think we have a mutual friend) but didn’t hear back from him today. Tonight I googled it, and in 2015 it was $5k buy in and $275 a month for anyone that’s wondering.

Having just hit the ground, I think that I’d want to experience a number of the tracks in TX before essentially going “all-in” on the budget on the one track. That’s kind of why I was interested in what else might be out there beyond the popular couple of HPDE groups.

There are plenty of members of these TX club tracks that haunt this forum (myself included). Keep an eye out for Member Plans threads in the sub forums, as those can get you a full day for around $150 (sometimes just sessionless pure open track too) as a guest.

Hi.

My name is Kevin, and I am a track addict. 

I got a taste for it autocrossing at Pennington Field and TMS.  Then a track day at MSR.  I saw the light.  Since then I have been to TWS for 3 TDE events, and to HHR for 3 one day events.

Currently driving a 2008 Mazdaspeed3, but thinking about a miata or other cheap/light/reliable machine as a track car.

I feel kind of lame after some of the posts in here but so be it  ::)

Some crappy vids on track at www.youtube.com/fastdreams

Hmm.  Well I did track days for a couple more years after this, then switched to bikes, then took a hiatus in 2013 until 10/2018.  Getting back into it.

Loved my old Mazdaspeed3, beat the crap out of it on the track, then used it as a tow car.  No issues. Headed to MSRH some years ago.

5c545b5db993c_Ms3R1.jpg

I miss TWS :(

5c545b9a531a0_IMG_18258.jpg

But Barber, wow that place was the most fun place for a bike I have experienced.

5c545c17bfdc8_600_49136241.jpg

Then...divorce, move to SF, married again, new kiddo, move back to Austin...6 years later I want to play again.

5c545c789d256_P7A_7723.jpg

There are plenty of members of these TX club tracks that haunt this forum (myself included). Keep an eye out for Member Plans threads in the sub forums, as those can get you a full day for around $150 (sometimes just sessionless pure open track too) as a guest.

Last year I went down to MSR Houston as a guest with a group of 86's and we did 8x30min sessions and were just about the only cars on track. I used so much gas that my credit card company put a fraud hold on my card (apparently filing up 3 times in under 2 hours at the same station isn't normal).

Many tracks will also give tours, rides, or access to serious prospective members. 

Nice, will definitely look out for guest invites, 7 weeks between events is way too long! Anybody reading along who would like to offer, I’m all ears :p

Nice, will definitely look out for guest invites, 7 weeks between events is way too long! Anybody reading along who would like to offer, I’m all ears :p

There is a PCA DE event on the 3.1 at Cresson 2/23-2/24. The 3.1 config is AWESOME!. Maybe check that out if you are willing to make the drive. 

http://mav.pca.org/Events/DE/#Schedule

https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9543

Welcome, Jonathan!!

Cheers,

Nice, I just signed up.

The 3.1 is a LOT of FUN!! There's a decent hotel right across the street, not much in the way of amenities though. There's also a nice Hilton Garden Inn down the road in Granbury (just stayed there last weekend) - it's nearby all the restaurants. And it has a bar (and food - pretty good food too). You know, the important things in life! LOL!