EricJ

NASA NOLA & TX - May 21st & 22nd

My plan is both tnt and tte. It's a fun track. Should be smoother than last fall.

I'll be there, likely both Race and TT directing.

The karting two years ago was insanely fun, and they had awesome Jambalaya for dinner Saturday night.

Registered.

How many peeps on TJ have memberships there? Was wanting to get some tracktime with a TJ member at NOLA before that weekend.

Dang....the TnT is $300 for one day.

Per the NASA website:

Copy and paste the link below to register for the Open Track day on May 20th. If you register for the NASA weekend, you can sign up for the half day ($200) and run the full day. There are no discounts for the half day.

msreg.com/OT52016

So that gets it down to $200 for the full day. Still on the high side but you do get a lot of track time and minimal traffic. 

I spoke to the track. Nobody is allowed into the track before 3pm on Thursday.

Some other event going on that day.  I am sure if you were some random person wanting to go karting, you'd be fine.  A whole bunch of big rigs and trailers wanting in must wait until 3pm.  You know we won't get there that early anyway.

The resurfacing job was really good. The bumps at the end of the front straight are gone so you don't bottom out with hard braking. Just have to be careful because the new surface was still somewhat slippery as it does not have the well worn surface with rubber laid down on it yet like the old surface.

Some other event going on that day.  I am sure if you were some random person wanting to go karting, you'd be fine.  A whole bunch of big rigs and trailers wanting in must wait until 3pm.  You know we won't get there that early anyway.

SCCA's Track Night is the event on Thu

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983178-track-night-2016-new-orleans-may-19

From last fall I remember, they really want plywood under your jack stands in the paddock. It's asphalt, not concrete. So one of today's projects is plywood squares for all mine.

Yes they definitely like plywood under jacks and what nots. 

I am in for ST2 racing and HPDE 3-4 Group Lead. I am looking forward to being back at NOLA since it is such a fun track. It is flat as a board, but still quite challenging. The facilities are the best of all the tracks we race at (excluding CoTA) and Saturday night kart racing is a blast. 

It is just such a long drive from San Antonio  :sleep:

will that little snack bar at the kart track be open?  there isn't squat available up in town besides mcdonalds or subway.  the snack bar isn't much better but you don't have to leave to get it, and there is AC in there while you eat.

there isn't squat available up in town besides mcdonalds or subway.

You can't find food in New Orleans?  :laugh:

Here's a place close to the track that the hotel recommended? http://westbankgrill.com/home

I've eaten there a couple of times. It's better than McD or Subway.

I can find it for dinner. I just can't find it in a hurry at lunch.

I can find it for dinner. I just can't find it in a hurry at lunch.

I think Eric is offering to take your order at lunch and hustle you back some food

I think Eric is offering to take your order at lunch and hustle you back some food

Sweet.  We'll check out the menu and let Eric be our TakeOut Taxi service.

Only 13 cars signed up in SSM/SM.  Could be best finish this year for @@sierraromeolima.  10 days to go and Cyclone are all late signup folks, but it looks like a lot of folks might be using this for their 3 drops.