BryanPendleton

NASA Hallett Event

I wish NASA went there in the fall and skipped MSRC.  Even though Cresson is barely over an hour and I can sleep in my own bed it's far less enjoyable than Hallett.  Unfortunately its just too far for our brothers in the south to make the trek twice a year.  

I hate to muddy the waters on this thread but why can't NASA just suck it up and rent COTA?  I've heard that some of the entrants won't pay a $ more than the current weekend rate and therefore we can't run there.  Is there truth to that or are there other reasons?   :ph34r:

I saw the trans out by the road and knew that was not good. Deriann lost hers as well, but I think Haldeman had a spare.

I really like that track. I would do it twice a year even with a 550 mile drive. It really flows but is very technical. Now if they could just make their showers as nice as NOLA.

I would pay more for COTA, but the back straight must be boring in SM.

I wish NASA went there in the fall and skipped MSRC.  Even though Cresson is barely over an hour and I can sleep in my own bed it's far less enjoyable than Hallett.  Unfortunately its just too far for our brothers in the south to make the trek twice a year.  

I hate to muddy the waters on this thread but why can't NASA just suck it up and rent COTA?  I've heard that some of the entrants won't pay a $ more than the current weekend rate and therefore we can't run there.  Is there truth to that or are there other reasons?   :ph34r:

I really wish I could unlike a post.... remind me not to invite you to another cresson member day.... But seriously, Hallett is bad ass and i would love a second race on the schedule, so if that happened I'll be there. But I would also love another cresson weekend as well because msrc kicks ass. You just need to treat it as an out of town event and say fuck your own bed and bail. The camping at cresson is just as good, we have stars (when the smog clears) and an outdoor shower too (I'll show you where the water hose is).

As for your COTA question, I'm staying out of that one. That debate is above my pay grade.

I would pay more for COTA, but the back straight must be boring in SM.

Yeah i don't disagree with you there but you could mount a TV and catch up on your shows.

I really wish I could unlike a post.... remind me not to invite you to another cresson member day.... But seriously, Hallett is bad ass and i would love a second race on the schedule, so if that happened I'll be there. But I would also love another cresson weekend as well because msrc kicks ass. You just need to treat it as an out of town event and say fuck your own bed and bail. The camping at cresson is just as good, we have stars (when the smog clears) and an outdoor shower too (I'll show you where the water hose is).

As for your COTA question, I'm staying out of that one. That debate is above my pay grade.

NO!!! Don't uninvite me man....in all fairness that day was on the 3.1 and i loved that config.  I think most would agree the 1.7 gets old after awhile but anyday being on track is better than me sitting in front of a computer at work. We're working on adding a shower to the outside of our trailer for Houston.   

You make me sad with the no comment on COTA.  I think NASA is officially the only organization who hasn't run there.  SCCA, WRL, Chump, CCA, PCA....hell maybe even Lemons soon.

You make me sad with the no comment on COTA.  I think NASA is officially the only organization who hasn't run there.  SCCA, WRL, Chump, CCA, PCA....hell maybe even Lemons soon.

SCCA also hasn't been back due to COTA's management requesting ABSURD amounts of money and refusing to negotiate.

SCCA also hasn't been back due to COTA's management requesting ABSURD amounts of money and refusing to negotiate.

Absurd is correct...i think it's $50k per day but i doubt that includes insurance.  I think this topic has been beat to death all over the tubes so I won't keep going.