Max

2002 996

That is a nice looking trailer - before long it will be fully enclosed...just teasing about that - I like what y'all have down to the front, very ingenious.

hahaha..I had that thought a couple times during the process. 

It is scheduled to pick up a load Friday...;0

edit: The package pickup has been confirmed for Friday.  I look forward to having it back in my grubby lil paws!!!

Damn. 4.0L. What is it making on the dyno at the rear wheels. What does your car weigh?

Damn. 4.0L. What is it making on the dyno at the rear wheels. What does your car weigh?

Here is the baseline dyno run..It is a bit under 3K with me in it.

996Dyno_zpsz0cvppby.jpg

@@Max it sounds sweet! Coming to TWS in the next couple of weeks?

Look at that power curve, life begins at 35(hundered)!

@@Max it sounds sweet! Coming to TWS in the next couple of weeks?

Look at that power curve, life begins at 35(hundered)!

I'll be at TWS with TDE this weekend for its' first outing to knock off the dust and gremlin discovery.  I would have signed up for PDS.  However; I suspect the car will need adjustments/tweaking after its' maiden launch.  Plus- back to back long haul car/trailer trips tipped the scale.  Bummer to miss- I always enjoy PDS and the gang that shows up!

I've had a few things added/repaired to the car since the last post.  I'd rather not list the details- it just hurts too much to relive- LOL.  I am looking forward to enjoying track experiences in 2019, and giving everyone their opportunity to pass a Porsche- hahahaha

I appreciate all of you that participate in this crazy hobby!  Without all of you, there would be no tracks, stories, car thing headaches, departures from reality world, and my wallet would have too much to carry around.  Thus- Thank you Track Junkies for choosing to Dance!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Did everything work out with the motor?

Yes sir!  The motor has been a strong ox from day 1.  I've had other gremlins (mainly electrical).  No oil leaks, oil analysis comes back all good, no strange items in filter.  Thus; so far- all good with no leaks, no strange noises, or any work done to motor.  Flat Six Innovations and Jake Raby are awesome.  Jake stays in regular contact with me to this day, and I am happy to consider them my friends.

Love this project/race/track beast.  

I have a soft spot for the 911.  it's all so wrong that it's magnificently right.  Even my wife's 06 cabriolet ... man it handles not so great (too floppy and understeers more than I'd like), doesn't have much power - but I still love driving it.  Enjoyable experience every time.

I really love the idea of taking a 996 base carrera and trying to match...say the 996 GT3 on track performance.  probably cheaper to just buy a 996 GT3, but what fun is that (easy to say that when I can't really afford a 996 GT3 as a second/third car)

If I don't get along with this Camaro as much as I like, I'll probably go back to euro flavor.  But I do love the 'murica Bald Eagles V8 glory.   :laugh: