Sign in to follow this  
Dave

High Speed Touring - April 16-17 2016

I was in the black Mustang. It was my first time at Hallett so hopefully I wasn't too much of an obstruction.  

So @@03FR500, what did you think of the HST format? Did you like the combined group? Did you feel you got enough instruction to feel safe out there? Any other thoughts from your perspective? 

That's crazy the corner workers never saw it. The car looked broken for a couple laps. They are usually pretty good about seeing stuff like that. Glad it didn't completely break off and send him into a wall. That's what I was expecting.

No idea if corner workers saw it or not-- I just got the call from Dad about lunchtime when he was driving home and told me he had a "suspension problem"...  If I were on a corner station and saw that more than one lap, I'd be standing on the corner station throwing a black flag at him, whether I had permission from control or not.

I'm gonna have another chat with the old man and let him know "everyone" saw him trying to kill himself out there..  Sounds like he was oblivious to a pretty major issue with the car....

Oops, it was a black camaro I was thinking about, not a black mustang. My bad.

[quote name="Matt93SE"

I'm gonna have another chat with the old man and let him know "everyone" saw him trying to kill himself out there.. Sounds like he was oblivious to a pretty major issue with the car....

Sometimes you just have to let them die on their own terms. I say that begrudgingly as my Dad is almost 75....try taking his DL....I dare ya, punk!!!

Sometimes you just have to let them die on their own terms. I say that begrudgingly as my Dad is almost 75....try taking his DL....I dare ya, punk!!!

LOL!

Dad's not that old. "just" 69.  He said the car actually didn't feel off at all.  he just heard a clunking and felt it bouncing more than normal and thought he'd blown a strut..

I remember losing a strut mount in a previous car on the street, and I could tell in about 2 seconds something was wrong...  some people just don't notice the 'little things'. ;)