Spiderxvpbiking

TWS Setup / Best Lap TImes CW/CCW

yeah, sean's car is ridiculous. massive tires, awesome aero, good power, great driver. he should be our target.

He is in my class so he IS my target :) That is aiming pretty high but perhaps someday. It will take some tires, some car work, and most importantly some more skillz.

No idea which car, did not know he had two. The one I have seen is the medium blue one (smurf blue?).

He is in my class so he IS my target :) That is aiming pretty high but perhaps someday. It will take some tires, some car work, and most importantly some more skillz.

No idea which car, did not know he had two. The one I have seen is the medium blue one (smurf blue?).

umm, ok, so are you talking about his 350z maybe? cuz he does have a 300zx that's full race, gutted, 550+whp that's about that fast as well. but that car is brown.

not really aiming that high, we should be down there. don't forget colin ran a 1:56 on nt-01's in a mod. class Nb with 215-220whp! we should be alot faster than we are.

I finally broke 2 minutes today. I was instructing for Ride & Drive and asked really nicely if I could pretty please take the Boxsera out to tune the suspension a little. It was allowed and I went out with the intent to make some rebound tweaks.

Before the tweaks, I did a 2:01 followed by a faster 2:00.9 where I came into the pits. I'm analyzing the data now to make sure it was faster. Then I made some tire pressure adjustments, still nothing on the dampers, went out and did a 1:59! I reached one of my goals for the year, and the car isn't even optimal at this point. Over 125 on the straight. Best speed through 7 was about 102. I was doing little tweaks here and there with Jason Hough's help. Then, I blew out the collector on my headers. The car was done for the day. I think given the little tweaks we made, I have another 2 seconds to go. I'm looking forward to the next PDS/NASA/RPMS event there to reach that goal. I'm very happy with the results of today though.

Many thanks to Jason for at least taking a look at the collector and letting me know he couldn't do anything with it, and helping with the "feel" of the car. Also, mega-thanks to the manager at the Midas shop in College Station on the main drag there who did a quick weld for FREE!! on the collector to get it back together so I could get home to Austin with my eardrums not shattered. laugh.gif

I'm going to do some analysis of the data and see where I can get some time, and have a new goal for spring.

-Michael

I finally broke 2 minutes today. I was instructing for Ride & Drive and asked really nicely if I could pretty please take the Boxsera out to tune the suspension a little.

Congrats, very nice. Hopefully the weather holds this weekend and we can all try for some personal bests!

robert

Track name: Texas World Speedway CCW

Track location: College Station, TX

Lap time: 2:06

Car: 2008 350Z

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: ~3400 with driver and fuel

Estimated wheel horsepower: 275

Tire size and model: 225/45/18 front 245/45/18 rear Yokohama AD08

Estimated ambient temperature: 75°

Notes: The rear tires were pretty dead. My goal was to get a 2:05 so I got pretty close.

Track name: Texas World Speedway (clockwise 2.9 mile)

Lap time: 2:02.65

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: ~2435lbs with driver and fuel

Estimated wheel horsepower: Unknown, stock '99 with intake, header, exhaust, MSM cam.

Tire size and model: 205/50/15 Nitto NT01 tires on TRM 15x8 wheels

Estimated ambient temperature: 90+°

I haven't driven this direction since 9/2011, so it took a while to warm up. This is the first weekend with the MSM cam, not really sure if it helped much, but it didn't feel bad!

Lap #6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JYVg4qk58g&color=red&modestbranding=1&rel=0&showsearch=0&hd=1

Well at the NARRA TT event this last weekend (Sept 22-23) I came very, very close to breaking into the 1:55 range on Sunday morning. I set a 1:56.07 CCW according to the AMB transponder official race times. This agrees closely with the Trackmaster time of a 1:56.10 for the same lap.

This lap was set on borrowed Hoosier R6 scrubs on TRM wheels with jacked-up suspension settings and me only pushing at 90% (because I did not want to trash borrowed tires). I think there was a 1:54 in the car easily, maybe a 1:53 with fresh tires, correct suspension settings, a little less wing, and pushing to 95-100%. A 1:56 was enough for 2nd place in NARRA TT-3, and some free Hoosiers (whoohoo!).

FWIW according to Trackmaster (5 Hz external GPS) I hit 148+ mph at the end of the front straight. That is about 8-9 mph faster than my previous best. Going into T1 at that speed... trying to threshold brake as late as I dare... is... interesting...

Two sessions later, when the track was heating up (and slowing down, everyone got slower) I replaced the loaner tires with 1 new and 3 well worn NT-01s on TRM wheels, took out some rear wing, and ran a 1:57.5. I was pushing pretty hard on this session since the tires were mine, and NT-01s are so much fun to push to the limit. The suspension settings were still jacked up.

Track name: Texas World Speedway CW

Lap time: 1:58:32

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: ~3460 with driver and fuel

Estimated wheel horsepower: 340hp/290tq

Tire size and model: 255/40/17 Hankook RS3

Estimated ambient temperature: 85-90°

Notes: car didn't break down

Track name: Texas World Speedway

Lap time: 1:59:60 (CCW)

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3700lbs

Estimated wheel horsepower: 350hp/260tq

Tire size and model: 275/35/18 Hankook R-S3

Camber: -2.1f / -2.0r

Estimated ambient temperature: 75-80°

Track name: Texas World Speedway

Car: Spec Boxster, 2.5L

Lap time: 1:57.456 (CCW)

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2714

Estimated wheel horsepower: 183HP

Tire size and model: 255/40-17 RA-1

Track: Texas World Speedway CCW

Date: March 4, 2012

Lap Time: 2:01.997

Car: '99 Miata

Estimated weight with driver: 2495

Estimated whp: Unknown, stock motor w/ 85K miles, I/H/E

Tires: NT01

Weather: Was Perfect

My first lap under 2:02 at TWS.

Track: Texas World Speedway CW

Date: October 14, 2012

Lap Time: 2:01.2

Estimated weight with driver: 2435

Tires: 205/50/15 NT01 on 15x8

Weather: Partly cloudy, 85F, 50% humidity

Track name: Texas World Speedway CCW

Lap time: 1:59:97

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: ~3460 with driver and fuel

Estimated wheel horsepower: 340hp/290tq

Tire size and model: 255/40/17 Hankook RS3

Estimated ambient temperature: 85-90°

Notes: Running down on power. Have lots of time and speed to pickup on the front straight. Started at 135-138mph at the end of the front straight in the morning. Down to low 120's by the afternoon. Partly weather related, partly the condition of the car, partly the driver.

Track: Texas World Speedway CCW

Date: October 26, 2012

Lap Time: 2:00.736

Estimated weight with driver: 2495

Tires: 205/50/15 NT01 on TRMotorsports 15x8

Weather: It was cold, wet, and windy!

My best guess...you're good for an easy sub 2 min if T14/15 wasn't damp all day.

I agree. I think if I had been out today, I'd be sub 2m easily. Heck, I might have been able to do it yesterday had I made another lap or two. T6 was still slick on the apex yesterday, and I messed up T10, and had to wait to get on the power into T14... those things add up!

robert