Spiderxvpbiking

TWS Setup / Best Lap TImes CW/CCW

I would bet a reverse mortgage you could turn a lap faster than 2:12 in a well prepped SM

Of course he could.  He just needs seat time in one.  Things start to get harder around 2:05.  He was not on RRs or SM7s either.  Brysen took Sally's out at MSRH and started putting down good laps quickly.  Denis was not in a great car to get a fast time. 

Of course he could.  He just needs seat time in one.  Things start to get harder around 2:05.  He was not on RRs or SM7s either.  Brysen took Sally's out at MSRH and started putting down good laps quickly.  Denis was not in a great car to get a fast time. 

I make my own excuses

Guest lobster

Where does one find a Miata to drive on track?

Miata's typically congregate in herds.   They're  a docile but somewhat nervous breed.   Don't startle them.   If you approach a herd quietly you should be able to coax a ride in one though you have to be mindful not to scare them away with talk of horsepower they'll startle and scatter as they only like to mingle with similar kind and sometimes a rogue FRS is adopted as one of their own by the pride mother.  

Miata's typically congregate in herds. They're a docile but somewhat nervous breed. Don't startle them. If you approach a herd quietly you should be able to coax a ride in one though you have to be mindful not to scare them away with talk of horsepower they'll startle and scatter as they only like to mingle with similar kind and sometimes a rogue FRS is adopted as one of their own by the pride mother.

In those herds they are making plans on how to harass corvette drivers that point and don't lift but drop anchor in T1. Said Miata drivers then stay 1" of corvette bumper until corvette goes off track. Watch out for miatas. They can run 1:59's with 126 HP.

In a momentum car with half decent tires 2:05 is attainable..

Hell, I drove our Cayenne to a 2:08 on worn out 21" michelins street tires...with a passenger at nearly 6000#.   You want to talk about momentum?!  LOL!

I would LOVE to try an SM sometime but finding one that I fit in and that someone would loan me for a session is the key.   It's been a few years since I drove one but all I could think was "sticks, but needs more power"...but to be honest, I think that in pretty much EVERYTHING I've ever driven.  Ha!

I didn't find many Frs/brz guys post so here's mine.

2013 FR-S (May 12th, 2017)

- 215/45/17 RE-71r

- Stock suspension, alignment, and wheels

-Corsa Catback (really just a noise maker so I can hear my own car on track)

- Cobalt race pads (Front only)

Best laptime (HLT): 2:05.12

I wish I had some videos to ask for where I could make up some time but my camera wouldn't stick to my back glass. I also ended up cording my tires due to not enough camber.

Turn 1 and 4 seem to be my points where I can make up some time. On turn 1, I feel I'm probably over braking and turn 4 I feel like I'm turning in too early and/or not braking enough and always feel like I'm about to run out of track on track out.

post-72-0-63297800-1496201884_thumb.png

post-72-0-48795200-1496201901_thumb.png

TWS CCW 2.9 = 1:40.9

Car: Scratcher (homebuilt)

Power: Horsepower-Research.com (Koenig) 18* small block, carb'd, Jerico, 9", DetLocker

Grip: Hoosier R75A

Dampers: Vorshlag sourced, Maxcyspeed valved AST doubles

Brakes = Wilwoods and Raybestos/Porterfield

Traction Control = my right foot

ABS = my left foot

ch255pic16.jpg

Costas

cars and such...

Car: 2001 E46 M3

Track: Texas World Speedway CCW

Best Lap Time: 2:01.378

Brakes: Stock brakes with PFC 08 and solid caliper guides in front

Suspension: Bilstein PSS10 (400F/500R)

Tire: 275/35 NT01 on 18x9.5 Apex ARC-8

Other Mods: CPI headers, fixed-back seats, Hotchkis front sway bar; about 3300 lbs with driver and 1/2 tank of fuel

Learned a lot throughout the day; if I had used the NT01s at this track on the 12th and 13th, I'm sure I could have managed a sub-2:00 last Sunday, even in this heat. 

Video is blurry because of POS camera. 

Did a 1:57 can't remember if it was here. These were 1:58's though NT01's, loud exhaust, PFC pads, Ground Control SA, wing, not a very good splitter. The car still had more time, mechanical issues didn't let me extract that Sunday morning. RIP TWS.