Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chump @ H2R - Oct 10-11

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

keathmilligan

keathmilligan

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBuda, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1993 Nissan 240SX

Just a week before WRL at Hallet, but I know a few teams are looking to do both.

HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Locationsan antonio
  • Track Vehicle:2010 Evo X

Anyone need any drivers/wrenchers?  I'm always down for a drive

Tobey

Tobey

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:240sx

Anyone need any drivers/wrenchers?  I'm always down for a drive

Not me, but we've raced against these guys a bunch over the last 5 years.  It's a pretty decent car:

http://forum.chumpca...ng-harris-hill/

Coco

Coco

Couch Potato

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'10 Mitsubishi Lulzcer, '84 Porschelump 944

Dagnabbit, I don't know if I'll make this round. 'Lump needs a little TLC and I haven't been around to do it. Haven't even put together a team--LeMons Miller is the weekend right before and I'm flying out to do that, plus I may or may not be moving the 'lump to PA. I think that weekend might be our chance, but ah. I don't know yet.

But on the off-chance that anyone needs a slow driver for this round and I'm in town, let me know!

-... --- ..-. .- / -.. . . --.. / -. ..- - ... -.-.--

Puffalopnik!

Coco

Coco

Couch Potato

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'10 Mitsubishi Lulzcer, '84 Porschelump 944

Hi! Looks like I'm for-sure in town that weekend. Anyone want a last-minute additional driver? I stink at the other direction, but I don't usually wreck the car, heh. '

The Porschelump won't be ready to go in time, but I'm all up for using it as the world's loudest golf cart.

-... --- ..-. .- / -.. . . --.. / -. ..- - ... -.-.--

Puffalopnik!

HopGarage

HopGarage

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1990 Honda Civic

Who's going to be out there this weekend? Any BBQing or anything else happening for the spectators?

Jay

Jay

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:H2R Challenge Miata

I'll be there racing with @consolidated in the #88 yellow Miata.

BryanPendleton

BryanPendleton

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:2001 C5, 1999 SM

Just Hallett for me.  Running with the Dirty Thirty team in their black E30.

lonestarrpm

lonestarrpm

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:'75 RSR, Spec-944, Boxster S

I'll be there racing with @consolidated in the #88 yellow Miata.

Nice domination of the track this weekend you too!

Home field advantage meets skilled drivers -- good for a back to back wins -- despite penalty laps in a lame attempt to even the field :-)

I got to run in the super-cheaty E46 -- boy was that fun.  I got to pretend to be Jay and @consolidated without the chops of course!

Mike

Jay

Jay

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:H2R Challenge Miata

Nice domination of the track this weekend you too!

Home field advantage meets skilled drivers -- good for a back to back wins -- despite penalty laps in a lame attempt to even the field :-)

I got to run in the super-cheaty E46 -- boy was that fun.  I got to pretend to be Jay and @consolidated without the chops of course!

Mike

Thanks! That E46 sure looked nice.

It was a great racing you guys.

consolidated

consolidated

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:1999 Spec Boxster #188

Thanks Mike, when you rolled in with that E46 M3 I cleaned the mirrors in our car real good.

Big respect and thanks to Jay for building a superb Miata.  It had tremendous speed and the handling was textbook.  We ran one set of tires both days and they looked good for another 6 hours, crazy balanced chassis.

We won overall and in class on Saturday and started Sunday with a 3 lap penalty, chased Lonestar Racers and Minions for what felt like an 8 hour sprint race. 

Jay drove the anchor stint for a bumper to bumper final 5 laps, we caught and crossed the finish line just .8 seconds in front of Minions.  Lap times dipping into the 1:31's with each team trying to match the other thru radios and on track.  It was a nailbiter. 

We'll probably never have a weekend like that again...new build, no mech issues, good pit stops, no contact whatsoever and only one missed flag.

Attached Thumbnails

• chumcar trophies.jpg
  • IMG_5573.JPG

Spec Boxster 188