robertcope

2001 Honda S2000 - I guess it will be named Crisis...

Yeah, I find it suspect, too. But these guys are well known and respected and the injectors are very clean on the outside. Dunno. Hondas are awesome, maybe you're just not used to how awesome they are.

Says the recent convert  :laugh:

Says the recent convert  :laugh:

My family has had Hondas since the 70s. And I've had the S2000 for a few years now!

Well, my luck getting to the track continues to be awful. Took the S2000 out this morning. I did make it to the track, which is more than I can say for my last attempt (in the Lexus). Everything was fine until I tried to start it in the paddock... click click click. Dead battery. I guess it was a borderline battery and any sort of real drive time charged it, but the start from the office to the paddock wasn't enough. Yellow Top on order now as that's the best AGM dual cycle battery I could find for it.

Well, my luck getting to the track continues to be awful. Took the S2000 out this morning. I did make it to the track, which is more than I can say for my last attempt (in the Lexus). Everything was fine until I tried to start it in the paddock... click click click. Dead battery. I guess it was a borderline battery and any sort of real drive time charged it, but the start from the office to the paddock wasn't enough. Yellow Top on order now as that's the best AGM dual cycle battery I could find for it.

I wonder if the marginal battery could have also caused some of your strange miss/flat spot issues?

I wonder if the marginal battery could have also caused some of your strange miss/flat spot issues?

I was wondering the same thing.

In any case, I finally got the S2000 back to the track today. It ran strong for several sessions this morning. And it brought me home without a hitch. So, this is promising. I forgot how much fun the car was to drive, honestly.

Robert, what exhaust are you running on your S2K? Test pipe or cat? 

I'd like mine to sound a bit more aggressive if I can do it for a good price and in a fully reversible fashion. Thanks for any advice. And glad to hear your S2k proved fun on track this morning. I've not been able to get out of town, so no track time in mine. But AutoX was very fun for a car that is also so street-able.

I've got the stock exhaust on it! I wouldn't mind putting something lighter that makes a little bit more noise on it, but as you have pointed out, it is hard to know what to get.

I've got the stock exhaust on it! I wouldn't mind putting something lighter that makes a little bit more noise on it, but as you have pointed out, it is hard to know what to get.

Yep. Lots of youtube videos out there; but it's so hard to really judge tone or volume from those, and impossible to accurately compare from one exhaust to another. Sound is just so subjective. Maybe I'll get to a Houston or Austin S2K or TJ meet sometime and try to hear some options on actual cars. There's not much of a sample size here in College Station.

Located a leak in my Invidia catback today. So I’m in the exhaust market also. I’d like something more mellow than the Invidia. It’s pretty raw.

Wife says it makes so much noise we can’t talk when we’re cruising. So why would we want to talk?

I'd like mine to sound a bit more aggressive if I can do it for a good price and in a fully reversible fashion. Thanks for any advice. And glad to hear your S2k proved fun on track this morning. I've not been able to get out of town, so no track time in mine. But AutoX was very fun for a car that is also so street-able.

If you want a little more sound and aggressive tone, but still keeping it mostly OEM, go for the UK exhaust mod. Most other cat back systems out there will gain little to no power, but will be lighter and likely drone.

Yea, if you think an Invidia Q300 is aggressive, you definitely don't want any other aftermarket exhausts. They pretty much hang around that sound level or much louder. 

UK exhaust mod is cool, but it is irreversible unless you find another stock exhaust.

Took it to lunch today, the clutch interlock switch plastic piece broke. Lame. Not looking forward to fixing it... technically simple, but not easy to reach!

1 minute ago, robertcope said:

Took it to lunch today, the clutch interlock switch plastic piece broke. Lame. Not looking forward to fixing it... technically simple, but not easy to reach!

I have the part if you need it, I buy them in pairs 

15 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

I have the part if you need it, I buy them in pairs 

I have a baggie of them, but thanks!

yRlIvEKgfcJQdvXUX8QaImZDwFFvXZ5TVssAO74rA7Uyifk4z-jYiYHLmn3358-6VySCnlS0SLIiB4knsrgc4avgUOVWL8ZRr-sGDafNvPVQC4Y57sY8e38bPdML7RFuo736wY7tjFWHpDMgxLi4ibuWao0UdSGoz9fz8TS-Y9l6B8P3V93cSky6tO_8p_Je-X57o8MnTT91BWQ11EiLNyn6SZLPNi6wfEIlb2V3TecVzVNTmpeGtarrt409RopqXo4p1BKtbrgAJDxu_vwp_pdoyP63r6ZpPARVzl9N92b24k7djRiTbeiFQ6Fhtd2lq6ZWWQu1QQVDMxh_9sW7zZszcTXxH2Yg4uIstoFivxLR-U2C4UnzjbkmjhqtIL5fJoucjk1wCvzKmSyDYlWTmV-wyYGvoHRsBZpPhtwBoq73ncjB2jPcfbfF1uZv7uGX8BHp-iaHJ6lKNyBl0sEjXWjbLRh6prW5mkAXL-zC3cpw3q-HyNU9uU2DvDvdAY5kU_WzguxzWpD0s-iEQ2JBDf3TaLsPzf8xwkzMOB9t0X8hDcKgADh3f9DMNCURpXq1IG2JIyOXhsdCuh8NJsM55mnzJokDGJ-PABc5craSuOnt3hWKR901ZEK4t8R2q-8z9JgHvGQV4mbi6jDOqF6ZqwIMRpFLtjCwk_am61Q3ldV_CwveGQ_ojtHx=w2132-h1600-no

zfZHLpnydydVpas8jHINC9memJVDGzSg-auSrlXYXaV4fEklM5FP7vxlLrp7Wu5TwyLSE_GjHVkSEI6v4dtft6TzXcLF5OJtV4t2S0UCpStM93LVrpRTb6aWjCGAufQ1zFod8ymRamHwES2eGHoR5lJbI-2e2PT4HahHWQtDowN5Y95l4-fBtlh9O0Tb1Mcr_I4Az12gRDYKewd8Z9zbqAhvZX4dwuH93wabkvgFF-6o8rguLM2PnkD8pb6sWSHQ5ATqZnvf5r_a3jEqd4UqCsD1E2QwI0Bwee3-xlzxym3pl3MdvU1Opyra4vJYxITIjQ5b_-L_fbchn5jCcDmIw7oHux1gWwdL37dh-orUGkeAXILbHR6Ikm5Jv3Uu9X2OIRIl56_UzmI7asihyNipzjG76Ih3CfH9meVd0kXzaV9Rpz09dhKSGYyVLefbxrRgilkGzkMPwTnW8BpXtRRPrYzH0iu-Phs95Qmsr0ll6i2PShowFrwzoOs2Nm4_e_dU6zmirCrSDc8VlhhH2MJ_rRUPPSe1GKaQ-TntI4CjJ3BH5x8t3B8cijNdLtHG46EEwI2_tmBlo_UPFBsJPEhNJ83VVuElFEeALsvLy8WAwsWUp3H-dkTpKHoU1VSti0MYIl7_Q2mTKUmxSd-B55ZahoaGZohpUSuMALZjRv3m5xebpabCbGu93wM1=w2132-h1600-no

Install wasn't too bad. Still need to do some fine tuning on fitment, but it was easy to get what appears to be 90% of the way there. I think the windows need to be adjusted so that they don't roll up as far as they do; apparently the factory manual also mentions this when installing an OEM hardtop, or so I'm told. I didn't get the window seals done well, so I'll have to redo them, but they're apparently just 3M bits and easy to obtain. Overall, pretty happy!

I thought you bought the S2000 so you could avoid looking like a Miata? LOL

4 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

I thought you bought the S2000 so you could avoid looking like a Miata? LOL

Nah. I bought the S2K because it's a better car than the Miata and an iconic sports car. I hate convertibles, though, and the lack of a top has kept me from actually driving the S2K except in the nicest of weather. This will let me drive it practically every day, even in the heat of the summer.

Ya, just messing with you.   the hardtop looks very much like a Miata hard top (not that I would expect there to be a huge appearance difference in a fiberglass bubble and four windows), and the black over red combination is quite common in Miata world.  

My ABS has been giving me fits at the track. I think I figured that out, finally:

BLNeCCfs_3vOHqxFgKiacqNt16cCL2WWBvbuMVCw9yLRpqKmh08pgWfXGsYBFxrIgpQ7GjwUQjYrs4A43hQVKIdJ3I784HkQ_K6s1I7KkJ3yG4j67ItCpttQokVmGK1kAVWGHQWFcBD1RjertCW7Dq6SL8D8acH4JvfLNkHc779mJK9M3xAlGllxQM_xS1NHb52jVK9IT3Av9sEIRreF_UkrxTzsmxoZ9vkgJPKMPQ5XyTwaGgeGsDhMVfLcHit-8wNGGKYhbUR23CyKTjGogdzMBWF9X9Hgc66RANdLZpsEFw2h8l6fdrqjtZTJJ1sl0ThWfka2hDdPR6QxVaIx9z91pP-oiT8Ruorj5KWbLC5xnahIRLfcNuvwuKSACz6SdpOQwbHwPw9SzU7xtYOARm3s-lYvlCnSsWPa2vZa5TH3_stzpqT3UhiilVHzr5H4dYrok5_w2WanT-jGFLyx0PmDmLEC97F1g08oPdLDRjPvozzeyRRLz1XNuQYWZ57clZhAWFuCbsx21ErmwKPQ5WCS1hPRsjJYd7oipC5PaPzrhPODlJXKB9H6tBi4bw_G17QS-d0NGOFHOkGcyy3BEKfHhB0VgKfS7b-3kjzhxHJbvGdQ3GouiLHcmlopO7pr6q-S2xgnFlsRicas8ZiGo5B7VvtBWFAUf7a92-jHOpRB7krYoa88wa2eZFoHqiY=w1390-h1852-no?authuser=0

I also ordered new tires, A052s, and new brake pads, StopTech Sports (again).