robertcope

2001 Honda S2000 - I guess it will be named Crisis...

I may be going through a midlife crisis. Went and bought this today:

55a3d6b09c50c_S2000.jpg

55a6703f593de_20150713_151441S.jpg

55a6704b02597_20150713_151452S.jpg

55a67059dcfbc_20150713_151502S.jpg

55a67067b14d3_20150713_151509S.jpg

55a6707610fed_20150713_151521S.jpg

55a6708267e2a_20150713_175813S.jpg

2001, 180K, Tein suspension. Not a concours car by any means, but it drives really nice. Should be fun to mess around with on a nice day. Baby seat is installed... :)

robert

Are you old enough to be having a midlife crisis?

Pretty sweet!

Are you old enough to be having a midlife crisis?

I'm 38.. so yeah, actually... :)

robert

What an amazing buy!

Congrats Robert - I as I am sure other S2000 owners are here to help ;)

I may be going through a midlife crisis. Went and bought this today:

2001, 180K, Tein suspension. Not a concours car by any means, but it drives really nice. Should be fun to mess around with on a nice day. Baby seat is installed... :)

robert

Moar pictures now! I think I have seen it on CL - it had some aftermarket wheels on?

Now quickly, a Puffo intake :p

Now quickly, a Puffo intake :p

LOL. I thought about the Puffo over the weekend as I anticipated going to buy this thing.

robert

Nice miata! 

LOL. It's true. I really wanted one of the NDs, but I figured this is a lot cheaper and it revs to 9000rpm.

robert

Congrats on the purchase!!! Is this going to be a street/weekend car? Any planned track activity? Whatever you use it for, it's a Honda through and through and should serve you well.

If you need any help the S2000 community is a great one, I'd be happy to help with any questions you have.

www.s2ki.com is basically an online encyclopedia for this car. If there's a problem, modification, or part for this car someone has already addressed it on that forum. Here's a starting point: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/22-s2000-under-the-hood/ - check out the "pinned" threads at the top.

:biggrin:

Congrats on the purchase!!! Is this going to be a street/weekend car? Any planned track activity? Whatever you use it for, it's a Honda through and through and should serve you well.

It's meant to be a street/weekend/fun car. I'm sure it will eventually see the track. Part of what I'm looking for is an "easy" way to get to the track for a few hours, one that is less involved than getting the Miata on a trailer, loading up the truck, etc. We'll see how that goes.

robert

It's meant to be a street/weekend/fun car. I'm sure it will eventually see the track. Part of what I'm looking for is an "easy" way to get to the track for a few hours, one that is less involved than getting the Miata on a trailer, loading up the truck, etc. We'll see how that goes.

robert

Well, I think you have a great machine to do that! See you at the track!

Put a bunch of miles on the car today. Soooo much fun. Such an amazingly smooth motor. VTEC, bro!!!

robert

Ironically, it was the transmission that actually first got my attention. It's like a sewing machine operation with ideal overlap ratios. Of course the rev range helps. And then there's the VTec. post-8-0-72409300-1436967038_thumb.jpg

Put a bunch of miles on the car today. Soooo much fun. Such an amazingly smooth motor. VTEC, bro!!!

robert

Just a word of advice: be extremely careful when driving an AP1 (like yours) on the wet.

I believe Honda never tested the car on the wet OR all the drivers died while testing it so they never had any feedback on how the car handles on wet surface.

This is, in my not humble opinion, why the S2000 is so freaking scary when it rains.

I mean, it is fun when you want to right? Sideways, spinning wheels in 2nd are all fun if you WANT to do them. Fact is, on the wet, she will want to do them WHENEVER.

Did I say MOAR pictures? 

Ironically, it was the transmission that actually first got my attention. It's like a sewing machine operation with ideal overlap ratios. Of course the rev range helps. And then there's the VTec.

Yes! The transmission is wonderful. The whole car is silky smooth. Amazing machines. I am so happy to finally own one.

What oil are you folks running? Is it worth LoJacking or putting some sort of aftermarket alarm on? I keep reading horror stories...

Our drive/garage situation means it likely won't live in the garage when I "actively" driving it. I can easily pin it in at night with my truck, at least.

robert

They stole mine so - yeah, they are very much "desired".

I would be careful with the seats. If you live the car outside and they are likely in good conditions there is a high chance they will try to steal them.

Options:

1) car always in the garage

2) seat locks (they will still try to steal them ultimately and mess around your car)

3) aftermarket seats

I have seat locks in the mail to me already. Maybe I should sell these and upgrade!

robert