Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NASA NOLA July 11-12

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sarenar

sarenar

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana
  • Track Vehicle:2008 Lotus Elise SC

Anyone going? I'll be there running HPDE 3. According to the description, this will be the first time running the Indy Car configuration, which means they have cut out the esses  :sad: . Oh well, something different to try, we'll see how it goes.

DTP525

DTP525

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationRichmond, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2007 Honda S2000
O man, that sounds boring. Hope it isn't what I picture it to be though.

durrow

durrow

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:2012 Radical SR3

I'm going as well - where did you read about them cutting out the S's? Just curious.

sarenar

sarenar

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana
  • Track Vehicle:2008 Lotus Elise SC

From the signup page:   https://nasaproracing.com/events/1993

"NOLA Motorsports Park is hosting its Third NASA Race Weekend of the 2015 Season and the FIRST weekend on the IndyCar configuration! Come on down to the Deep South to drive your car on the NOLA Motorsports Park Road Course. You can also enjoy the New Orleans nightlife located just 14 miles from the track."

For the Indy cars they added additional pavement effectively straightening out the esses. Probably not a problem for a Ferrari, maybe better, as you can now absolutely scream down the back straight. But for my little Lotus, it gives me less of a chance to catch up to the high HP cars.

durrow

durrow

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustin

Thanks! Appreciate the note. I'm driving my Radical that day - so was hoping for more corners :)

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

Thanks! Appreciate the note. I'm driving my Radical that day - so was hoping for more corners :)

Yeah, that sucks. MSR Houston is working on taking some corners out for Indy, too. I'd rather have the corners than have Indy. But I get that the tracks want Indy, I guess.

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

PoBoyR6

PoBoyR6

2 Wheels...4 Wheels...Engines

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Yeah, that sucks. MSR Houston is working on taking some corners out for Indy, too. I'd rather have the corners than have Indy. But I get that the tracks want Indy, I guess.

Robert

So is MSRH looking to host Indy next year then? Could this mean a repave is in the works too? That would be fantastic. However given the fact Indy was ok with the cars concrete slab hopping at Reliant even if they didn't repave MSRH it would be a significant improvement for the drivers.

durrow

durrow

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustin

Well I drove on the track yesterday and the S's are in! 

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06
A buddy of mine was running his TA2 Camaro in the SU class (from what I recall). Aaron Capdeboscq, #7 (white with a ring on the front quarter panel - he's a jeweler). I have not heard how he did.

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

durrow

durrow

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustin

It was my first time at NOLA and I have to say what an amazing facility. The track is challenging (which is good), the S's are fantastic.