sarenar

NASA NOLA July 11-12

Anyone going? I'll be there running HPDE 3. According to the description, this will be the first time running the Indy Car configuration, which means they have cut out the esses  :sad: . Oh well, something different to try, we'll see how it goes.

O man, that sounds boring. Hope it isn't what I picture it to be though.

I'm going as well - where did you read about them cutting out the S's? Just curious.

From the signup page:   https://nasaproracing.com/events/1993

"NOLA Motorsports Park is hosting its Third NASA Race Weekend of the 2015 Season and the FIRST weekend on the IndyCar configuration! Come on down to the Deep South to drive your car on the NOLA Motorsports Park Road Course. You can also enjoy the New Orleans nightlife located just 14 miles from the track."

For the Indy cars they added additional pavement effectively straightening out the esses. Probably not a problem for a Ferrari, maybe better, as you can now absolutely scream down the back straight. But for my little Lotus, it gives me less of a chance to catch up to the high HP cars.

Thanks! Appreciate the note. I'm driving my Radical that day - so was hoping for more corners :)

Thanks! Appreciate the note. I'm driving my Radical that day - so was hoping for more corners :)

Yeah, that sucks. MSR Houston is working on taking some corners out for Indy, too. I'd rather have the corners than have Indy. But I get that the tracks want Indy, I guess.

robert

Yeah, that sucks. MSR Houston is working on taking some corners out for Indy, too. I'd rather have the corners than have Indy. But I get that the tracks want Indy, I guess.

Robert

So is MSRH looking to host Indy next year then? Could this mean a repave is in the works too? That would be fantastic. However given the fact Indy was ok with the cars concrete slab hopping at Reliant even if they didn't repave MSRH it would be a significant improvement for the drivers.

A buddy of mine was running his TA2 Camaro in the SU class (from what I recall). Aaron Capdeboscq, #7 (white with a ring on the front quarter panel - he's a jeweler). I have not heard how he did.

It was my first time at NOLA and I have to say what an amazing facility. The track is challenging (which is good), the S's are fantastic.