Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pittsburgh International Race Complex PIRC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Track Vehicle:2011 Arial Atom SRA #21 Chassis

Pitt Race is transforming from a great little track to an amazing race complex.  They are finishing up paving it this week and should be ready for Mid July Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Check out video

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

I know a lot of you guys run flat tracks, well this one is   NOT FLAT   There is an 85 ft elevation change downhill then right back up the other side.   All the facilities are brand new and as nice as your will find anywhere.  

Encourage you guys to consider putting it on the list of tracks to attend next year.

If your planning on coming to PIRC from out of town, let me know and maybe we can extend some Steel City Hospitality  (unless your from Baltimore then RAVENS SUCK)

RBH

RBH

Junkies

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationNoVA

This really looks nice... When will it be ready?  And no I am not from Baltimore :-)

Do it once. Do it right.

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

This really looks nice... When will it be ready?  And no I am not from Baltimore :-)

Our chief instructor drove it and claims its one of the nicest layouts he has ever driven.   They intend to have it ready for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix which is July 10.  Their are a couple of Porsche groups scheduled in August on the full track but the next Open session is Chin Motorsports on September 12/13 .   

PS:  Although my track car is a 350Z,  I also have an 06  Elise which I have tracked on occasion. 

RBH

RBH

Junkies

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationNoVA

Our chief instructor drove it and claims its one of the nicest layouts he has ever driven.   They intend to have it ready for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix which is July 10.  Their are a couple of Porsche groups scheduled in August on the full track but the next Open session is Chin Motorsports on September 12/13 .   

PS:  Although my track car is a 350Z,  I also have an 06  Elise which I have tracked on occasion. 

Sweet.  That is only 4 hours away from me.  Can't wait to signup.

Do it once. Do it right.

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Sweet.  That is only 4 hours away from me.  Can't wait to signup.

If you sign up make sure its for the  "Full Track"  because a lot of events will still be running North Track (1.8 mi)   If you decide to visit, make sure you let me know.  Going to a new track is always tricky,  having local intel can make is a lot easier.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

John

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Pitt Race Full Track is complete, polymer coat is curing, July 13 is first public event AutoInterest, SCCA Track Night is July 14.  Can not wait to run on the new pavement.

Scott @ Chin Track Days

Scott @ Chin Track Days

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Track Vehicle:Many

We've got a weekend in September at PittRace on their full course, registration opens tomorrow night:

http://www.chinmotor...Race.aspx?ufs=1

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Lot of chatter at track about Chin coming to Pitt Race,  should be a great outing.  

Here is a video of turns 3-7 taken before the Polymer Coat was applied ,  check out the elevation change 85ft down 85 ft back up..........bring your ponies boys you will need then to get out of that hole.

Attached File  IMG_1188.mov   5.01MB   134 downloads

Scott @ Chin Track Days

Scott @ Chin Track Days

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Track Vehicle:Many

Lot of chatter at track about Chin coming to Pitt Race,  should be a great outing.  

Here is a video of turns 3-7 taken before the Polymer Coat was applied ,  check out the elevation change 85ft down 85 ft back up..........bring your ponies boys you will need then to get out of that hole.

attachicon.gifIMG_1188.mov

Spread the word!

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Pittsburgh International Race Complex officially opened the South Track today.  They will be hosting the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix   big bore cars this weekend.    Monday July 13th is the first HPDE event on the new Full Track which is being hosted by Autointerests .  A lot of people like the North track but it was just too short, the new track is 2.8 miles/19 turn track.  I really think its going to be great.  I am scheduled to drive the new track on Monday and can not wait.  I  drove the track for a Safety Worker training session and it is really cool. 

Check out the video of the new section on the AutoInterests Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/AutoInterests

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,001 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX

That looks fun, especially that long downhill run with the sweeper to the right. Vroom!

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#XX - 1992 NSX (red)

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Chin Motorsports coming to Pittsburgh International Race Complex.  The new track Is really special and has sold out every venue so far,  Chin is scheduled to be there September 12&13.  Chin's  reputation of hosting some of the best Track Days in the industry is well know. 

I hope I can convince some TJ members to make the trip to Pittsburgh and drive the new track.  If your  considering it, PM me before signup as we are trying to put together a group of TJ drivers and put together a hospitality area with some extras. 

Hope to see you there.

RBH

RBH

Junkies

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationNoVA

Chin Motorsports coming to Pittsburgh International Race Complex.  The new track Is really special and has sold out every venue so far,  Chin is scheduled to be there September 12&13.  Chin's  reputation of hosting some of the best Track Days in the industry is well know. 

I hope I can convince some TJ members to make the trip to Pittsburgh and drive the new track.  If your  considering it, PM me before signup as we are trying to put together a group of TJ drivers and put together a hospitality area with some extras. 

Hope to see you there.

That is really tempting ... I have a long trip ahead - Road America, COTA and TWS. Hopefully I can make it...

ChinMotorsports.com - More Tracks, More Track Time - PittRace, 2.8 Mile Road Course

pittrace.jpg

Do it once. Do it right.

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

I posted a video of Pitt Race Full Track on Chin Motorsports facebook page.  Scroll down to July 28th

https://www.facebook...rts?ref=profile

‚Äč

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Hey Texas Junkies,

Chin Track Days is coming to Pittsburgh International Raceway on Memorial Day Weekend May 27/28  then followed by Mid Ohio May 29/30,   You could hit two great Mid Atlantic tracks and only burn 1 sick day. (Not counting travel of coarse)    If you guys decide to make the trip,  let me know. 

• RBH likes this

9and3

9and3

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Hey RBH ,  I see your in Northern Virginia.    Pitt Race is a great track for the Elige,  you will love it.   2.8 miles , 19 turns , lots of elevation changes.  Everything is brand new,  they just paved the North Track which used to be  pretty bumpy.

Let me know if you want the make the trip,  show you some Yunzer hospitality

RBH

RBH

Junkies

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationNoVA
9and3, on 24 Jan 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hey RBH ,  I see your in Northern Virginia.    Pitt Race is a great track for the Elige,  you will love it.   2.8 miles , 19 turns , lots of elevation changes.  Everything is brand new,  they just paved the North Track which used to be  pretty bumpy.

Let me know if you want the make the trip,  show you some Yunzer hospitality

Thank you!  :biggrin:  I will have to make a trip to this track.  It should be a fun track with 19 turns.

Do it once. Do it right.