Sign in to follow this  
DTP525

NASA NOLA May23/24 2015

Anyone planning to run? This will be my last event of testing before heading out to California for Nationals, oh, and I'm planning on resetting my own track record in TTB there as well. Hope to see you all there.

I will be there, my first time at NOLA, running TT3, albeit slowly on NT-01s...

Which would be better suited for me, running HPDE4 day 1 and then TT3 to learn the track?  or is the TT turn out at NOLA usually allow for some open running?

Reason I ask is at Road Atlanta I had a total of 3-4 laps a session, so not even 20 laps a day in TT... which wouldn't be conducive to getting the feel of a new track.

From what I remembered, they ran DE4 with TT and the TT sessions allowed quite a bit of track time.

The TT field isn't anything like ours in TX so I wouldn't imagine that you'll get in anyone's way. I know both the DE and TT directors there so you can play it by ear once you're there as to what you want to do.

Great, sounds pretty open then, especially if running with HDPE4... I think NASA SE used the TT sessions to make up for the schedule as needed... none of the Hoosier guys seemed to care, but I enjoy getting a full session on my NT-01s...

I'll look out for you once there

The track is not that complicated.  It just has NOOOOOO camber.

I wish I could be there.  I really like the track though I can't ever seem to get through BR in less than 2 hours.

Have fun guys!

Great, sounds pretty open then, especially if running with HDPE4... I think NASA SE used the TT sessions to make up for the schedule as needed... none of the Hoosier guys seemed to care, but I enjoy getting a full session on my NT-01s...

I'll look out for you once there

Was your water pump the problem at TWS?

Yep, plastic impeller was busted, replaced with a metal one.

Also, my front swaybar was completely disconnected... Probably explains the oversteer.

Getting pretty good at identifying what's broke on my car, a skill I wish I didn't need!

Yep, plastic impeller was busted, replaced with a metal one.

Also, my front swaybar was completely disconnected... Probably explains the oversteer.

Getting pretty good at identifying what's broke on my car, a skill I wish I didn't need!

I now have a spare water pump too.

Hmm..maybe we'll all run in TT3? I can still test in TTB trim while running in TT3 for Hoho contingency. That'll at least give someone a crack at it.

Hmm..maybe we'll all run in TT3? I can still test in TTB trim while running in TT3 for Hoho contingency. That'll at least give someone a crack at it.

Sounds good, most the NASA TT I have been at TTB times end up trumping TT3 anyway...  Poor TT3 gets no love, bring back TTA!

Sounds good, most the NASA TT I have been at TTB times end up trumping TT3 anyway...  Poor TT3 gets no love, bring back TTA!

We had 10 or 11 folks in TT3 at TWS.  It's the Island of Misfit Toys.