Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

H2R this Weds, Thurs, and Fri

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Clay

Clay

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Track Vehicle:997 Carrera S

Hey all, I just got my membership at H2R and to celebrate I'm going to be driving out there Weds-Fri. I know that is the middle of the work week but I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone wants to meet out there and hang out / shoot the shit / drive some laps, I'd love to have some TJ company!

Even if you aren't a member, I can bring you on with a guest pass. You just pay them $150 for a half day or $250 for a full day.

My goal is to really learn the track and also learn my new car. I'll be starting on Weds by taking it pretty slow and steady with the goal of feeling confident and starting to push hard by Friday. 

If you're interested, reply here or PM me and we can exchange info!

Who is John Galt?

kmccauley

kmccauley

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:Set of golf clubs

Awesome, I have an email alert set up in the H2R thread for just such an occasion, and I have a flexible schedule  :biggrin:

I might be interested in coming up from Houston for a half-day, it would be Weds or Thurs, I'll know tomorrow.

Clay

Clay

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Awesome, I have an email alert set up in the H2R thread for just such an occasion, and I have a flexible schedule  :biggrin:

I might be interested in coming up from Houston for a half-day, it would be Weds or Thurs, I'll know tomorrow.

Awesome I'd love to meet you and turn some laps together! Keep in mind that Weds they are closed from 2pm onwards for maintenance. Thursday is open all day long, however they will be running the track counter-clockwise (first time for me). Friday is another full day and will be clockwise running. 

Who is John Galt?

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2012 Mazda Miata MX5

Wish I could. You know how to get a hold of me. If you decide to do this again, let me know.   :)

lonestarrpm

lonestarrpm

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:'75 RSR, Spec-944, Boxster S

Love the concept -- just a bad week for me.

kmccauley

kmccauley

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationHouston

Awesome I'd love to meet you and turn some laps together! Keep in mind that Weds they are closed from 2pm onwards for maintenance. Thursday is open all day long, however they will be running the track counter-clockwise (first time for me). Friday is another full day and will be clockwise running. 

Cool! The weather looks better for Friday and my schedule is more open than Thurs. Not 100% sure, but I'm aiming for Friday.

Grant G.

Grant G.

Grant G

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationKyle, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2013 Club Miata

Clay,

I'll be there today and tomorrow.  (I live 10min away)  Will be working on Longhorn Racing garages most of the time but will take some lap breaks too.  We have a huge group of customers Saturday morning so I'll be there all day Sat.  Text me to keep in touch. 

Grant here:   (iblameadd on PSN): 2013 Club Miata.  Kyle, TX

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

Even if you aren't a member, I can bring you on with a guest pass. You just pay them $150 for a half day or $250 for a full day.

Not raining on anyone's parade (ie - yours!), just comment / question...seems like a high price for a guest pass. If I bring a guest to ECR there cost (and mine) is $0. I know that MSR-C charges $15-20 per session when you go out as a guest, but $250 for a day seems pretty high. Just curious what you get...and how much does it cost if you are *not* a guest of a member? Not flaming you / H2R, just curious. I can delete this if you want...

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Clay

Clay

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationAustin TX
Seems high to me too. Not sure why they charge so much. I'm a new member though so maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Who is John Galt?

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2012 Mazda Miata MX5

Track workers?

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

Maybe they simply don't want many guests :)

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

Maybe they simply don't want many guests :)

robert

I think you nailed it! LOL

I'll be honest with you though...for what it takes me to go to a track (especially if it's a weekend and I'm bringing the diesel pusher, the track fee is the least of my concern...but it all does add up, in the end...and my wife constantly reminds me of it! LOL).

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Coco

Coco

Couch Potato

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'10 Mitsubishi Lulzcer, '84 Porschelump 944

I may or may not show up tomorrow.

-... --- ..-. .- / -.. . . --.. / -. ..- - ... -.-.--

Puffalopnik!

brakelate

brakelate

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2004 Imola M3

Clay,

I'll be there today and tomorrow.  (I live 10min away)  Will be working on Longhorn Racing garages most of the time but will take some lap breaks too.  We have a huge group of customers Saturday morning so I'll be there all day Sat.  Text me to keep in touch. 

Grant,

Is the track only open to cars Sat 4-6?  Thinking I can come a bit earlier like 2 pm if the bikes typically leave around that time.  Was going to go Sun but looks like rain.

Grant G.

Grant G.

Grant G

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationKyle, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2013 Club Miata
Members are ok at 4pm, On Saturday. Seems like rain is random the next few days.

Grant here:   (iblameadd on PSN): 2013 Club Miata.  Kyle, TX

Keith

Keith

Track Denial

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:Porsche 944 Turbo

I am heading down there this Friday, hopefully the rain is finishing up by then.

Clay

Clay

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Hey all, I actually decided to cut the trip short. I drove today in the rain and it was a hoot, but the weather forecast for Thurs and Fri is going to be really cold (high in the 30s) and probably wet. 

Who is John Galt?

kmccauley

kmccauley

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationHouston

Hey all, I actually decided to cut the trip short. I drove today in the rain and it was a hoot, but the weather forecast for Thurs and Fri is going to be really cold (high in the 30s) and probably wet. 

Ok, thanks for the heads up Clay! I was gung ho about coming out from Houston later this week, but I just discovered a slow air leak in one of my tires. :sad: It's time for a new set anyway. If you're ever looking for/willing to host guests in the future, let us know on here.  :biggrin:

Coco

Coco

Couch Potato

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'10 Mitsubishi Lulzcer, '84 Porschelump 944

I am heading down there this Friday, hopefully the rain is finishing up by then.

!

Your car!

Welcome!

Also, your car!

!!!!!

:bunny:

-... --- ..-. .- / -.. . . --.. / -. ..- - ... -.-.--

Puffalopnik!

Keith

Keith

Track Denial

• Junkies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:Porsche 944 Turbo

!

Your car!

Welcome!

Also, your car!

!!!!!

:bunny:

Just got it. Needs couple of things before I can bring it to the track, but I am excited!