Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

NASA - 9/20-21/14

In for GTS2.

New track for me, so any vids to help me learn the line would be welcome.

Also, is race gas (100 octane) available?

In for GTS2.

New track for me, so any vids to help me learn the line would be welcome.

Also, is race gas (100 octane) available?

They have race gas there.  Search for John Crosby NOLA PCA on youtube.  His videos along with track map is pretty good start.  Track is pretty easy to learn.

They have race gas there.  Search for John Crosby NOLA PCA on youtube.  His videos along with track map is pretty good start.  Track is pretty easy to learn.

Thank You!   :smile:

I am in for TT3 (or TTB if I can get my weight up).

Ill ride in your passenger seat, 195 lbs with my helmet, liter cola and popcorn!

I'll be in TT3 but you can still ride along.  I opted to put some of my HP mods back on.

Ill ride in your passenger seat, 195 lbs with my helmet, liter cola and popcorn!

I'm processing the video from my Feb race right now.  I'll try to get it done and uploaded to jootoob today so you'll have something else to look at from a 4-banger standpoint.

Fuudge.  They've blocked G+ at work so I can't upload the file to Youtube..  I used to be able to log directly into Youtube and upload, but I now have to set up a channel and it's linked through my G+ account or someshit like that?!?!  So since G+ is blocked, I can't upload..  Why can't stuff just be easy?

Yikes! I hope I never have to tow through snow.

If you can master towing in snow and ice then everything else is easy :smile:

Have fun at NOLA...

Whenever it gets done uploading (about 3 more ours according to Youtube.  fuudge I wish I could have done this at work on our 500MB connection!)..

edit..  10:15pm it's finally done.  holy carp that's stupid slow.

I'm sure you all got the mail, but this event has been canceled due to track construction.

robert

They get one Indy race and shut the place down for construction?!?!?!

(yeah, the HouGP guys are PISSED)

Just saw it. WTF?!?

I'm guessing they had planned to be done or otherwise out of the way. Dang, was really looking forward to it.

Stupid Indy Car can't handle the esses.

Are they really changing the track layout at all?

I'd assume most the construction is related to spectator amenities.  There is zero in the way of places to watch from other than standing on the conference center balcony.  And it's just surrounded by marsh land.  Fun track, but I was a bit surprised to hear Indy was going there.

They're not changing the layout, just adding a bypass to the esses. Think Mid-Ohio Club versus Pro config, eliminating the kink before the keyhole (for the same reason, to add another passing zone for the fast cars.)

I thought about that as well..  there are plenty of places in the back to pass, however given the speed of these cars, the esses could be quite dangerous.  Imagine a car making 3-4G in the corners as opposed to one that can only do 1.5G..  now think about the speeds involved.  The esses would get VERY tight at those speeds, so it makes sense from a safety standpoint to straightline them for cars that are that fast..

But yeah.. the esses are one of my most favoritest parts of the track.  Pretty sad to see an open wheel car bypass them for another straighaway!