speedracer

speedracer 1990 Miata

The transmission decided that it did not want to go into 4th during the last session of the day. I picked up a spare transmission from code monkey back in early 2017. The combo of hot rainy waether and mosquitos drive me to the shop for the swap which happened today. In at 730 am car is ready for pickup at 1039 with a swapped transmission. I have spent more time waiting in airport lines than it took to swap the transmission. So I am ready to go back for my next track day.

The transmission decided that it did not want to go into 4th during the last session of the day. I picked up a spare transmission from code monkey back in early 2017. The combo of hot rainy waether and mosquitos drive me to the shop for the swap which happened today. In at 730 am car is ready for pickup at 1039 with a swapped transmission. I have spent more time waiting in airport lines than it took to swap the transmission. So I am ready to go back for my next track day.

Reminds me - I need to grab a clean spare BRZ core, for the inevitable time when mine gives up the ghost.

I visited the Miata where I am storing it. I have it on a trickle charger. It started right up and I let it run for some time. I looked under the hood and remembered I have a few items to take care of before my next track day. Tuned it off. Put the cover back on and told myself I needed to get back to the track.

News flash.   I purchased a new battery.  Next step.  Installation.   I have been on a track vacation because I needed to upgrade my safety equipment .   I have scheduled a trip to Austin to find a hand device and prepare to get back to the track. 

Careful with some hand devices

3 hours ago, speedracer said:

News flash.   I purchased a new battery.  Next step.  Installation.   I have been on a track vacation because I needed to upgrade my safety equipment .   I have scheduled a trip to Austin to find a hand device and prepare to get back to the track. 

Careful with those hand devices.  They can become habit forming- at least that is what I have been told <looks both ways>

On 6/3/2021 at 9:34 AM, Max said:

Careful with some hand devices

Careful with those hand devices.  They can become habit forming- at least that is what I have been told <looks both ways>

Auto correct strikes again.  HANS device not hands device. 

Heading to Simpson to get it from the HQ? You probably know this but Simpson owns HANS, Stilo, etc....and probably more LOL!

Or Winding Road? Both are great!

I purchased an extra large Simpson hybrid s neck restraint.    Fit was most important to me.   The biggest one in stock was large.  I needed one step larger than that so I got extra large .   I am currently running a full harness in the Miata but it’s nice to know I can still use it in the s2000!with a three point harness.