Matt93SE

Hallett Personal Best Lap Times..

Lol Dave- not entirely ridiculous given that Emilio has driven Crusher into the 23s at Hallett before the repave.

Pretty sure it was "only" a 1.25.286, at least that's the video on youtube. That is a very, very well developed car, needless to say.

robert

Holy cow. 1:22 in a Miata? Dang.

Raced my dad's 240SX at the WRL race at Hallett last weekend.

Track: Hallett CCW 1.8
Date: Oct 18 2014 
Lap: 1:34.96
Car: Nissan 240SX, lightly modded
Comp Weight: 2750lbs
WHP: 170
Tires: 225/50/16 BFG Rival
Weather: About 70F

Track: Hallett CW 1.8
Date: Oct 19 2014 
Lap: 1:34.92
Car: Nissan 240SX, lightly modded
Comp Weight: 2750lbs
WHP: 170
Tires: 225/50/16 BFG Rival
Weather: About 70F

I guess being within 0.04sec going both directions isn't too bad...  :)

I've only done a couple laps going CW, but that seemed much more technical. I think my CW lap would be a bit slower than my CCW lap.

By technical, you mean "you better know where you're going by heart or you will die if you're trying to go fast"?

robert

They're both very technical, but I never spun going CCW..   Going CW, it's VERY hard to get into turns 9, 6, and 2 properly.   6 isn't that bad but if you're 1ft off line going in, it's going to be ugly.  Tobey/Nismorons can attest to be going by Clark and doing a somewhat spectacular drift-->tank slapper-->spin there.

Turn 2 will do some damage if you screw up.  On about lap 5, I watched an E30 come hauling ass behind me into the braking zone and I knew he wasn't going to make it.   he went by me on the right as he was nose-diving into the drainage ditch, then went airborne for the next 20ft or so and cleared the rest of the turn 2 inside curbing before landing on the track and skidding into the grass on the other side.  HOLY SHEEIT!

on that note, I remember the track photographer was on that corner shooting.. I bet he has it in freeze frame or slo-mo video..  :D

about 5 laps later, I got cocky and missed the braking point for the same turn and hit the same ditch sideways.  it de-beaded a tire and I had to go to the pits and change it.  lost a lap or two with that, plus the cost of a new tire.  :(

Matt, unfortunately the camera ran out of memory right before Clark's stint, so I don't have your off. PM me your dad's address and I'll get a TOB to him. And I'll get that fuel pump from you at the next TJ get together or something. I just need it before the December TWS race.

It's always nice to have others at an event running the same car. :)

Matt, unfortunately the camera ran out of memory right before Clark's stint, so I don't have your off. PM me your dad's address and I'll get a TOB to him. And I'll get that fuel pump from you at the next TJ get together or something. I just need it before the December TWS race.

It's always nice to have others at an event running the same car. :)

Sounds good. I have your pump in my trailer.  IF you're at MSRH testing or anything between now and then, let me know and I'll bring it to the track.

It's definitely nice having another similar car there to help out.  As soon as I said "I think it might be the fuel pump", I turned around and BLAMMO! There was a fuel pump and relay ready to go.  you guys rock!  ...if only I had thought to check the easy stuff (fuse/relay) first vs. ripping the pump out only to discover it wasn't the pump.   we lost 30 minutes with that fiasco and it could have only been 5 or 10.

Considering three of the drivers were n00bs to endurance racing, one has only done 2 w2w races, and this was the first w2w race for another, I think we did OK...  I just wish I'd have known they were THAT new before the race- I would have offered more racecraft advice than "don't wreck it!"

I don't know about more technical CW, but (somebody has to say it), it's more dangerous.  Runoffs and flagging stations are in insane positions CW.  You're looking at multiple ditches and at least one concrete bunker.  Frankly, I'm not big on the Friday CW day planned for Miatas at Hallett next year.  I may sit that one out.

Yup.. I found two ditches on Sunday.  The first one I thought I had written off one corner of the car.

Why it's more technical is because of the entry into T2 going this direction.  It's much more difficult to get right than a hard, straight braking zone going CCW.  AND the penalty when you screw up is higher.

Date: 9/16/14 
Lap: 1:24.1xx (with a passenger)
Car: 2012 Mustang GT
Comp Weight: 3600ish? 
WHP: 425
Tires: 305/645/18 Pirelli slicks (scrubs)

Track: Hallett CW 1.8
Date: 7/27/14 
Lap: 1:24.2xx
Car: 2012 Mustang GT
Comp Weight: 3600ish? 
WHP: 425
Tires: 305/645/18 Pirelli slicks (scrubs)

Disregard the "off" at the end of the video. Carried too much speed into 10 and understeered right off track  :tongue: Far from a perfect lap. Spun coming out of 10, bad line and off throttle through 7, missed 3rd coming out of 2... blah blah blah

Pretty sure it was "only" a 1.25.286, at least that's the video on youtube. That is a very, very well developed car, needless to say.

robert

On 225 NT01's at 159whp/2330#. Had fresh A6's. Still regret not throwing them on. That would have been 23's easy.

My camera bit the dust at this event but I have the times from my old Performance Box.

Hallett CWW

Lap Time: 1:28.5 (John Wags did a 27.9 in my car in only 4 laps of driving, Grrrrrrrr)

Date: Miatas at Hallett 9/13/13

Car: 1999 Miata

Power: 205whp

Weight with driver and 1/2 tank o-gas: 2561

Suspension: Tein Monoflext, V8 Roadster Control Arms, RB Front Sway, Stock Rear

Tires: 225/45/15 NT01

ScreenShot2014-12-01at120444PM_zps1d8f41

Track: Hallett CCW - June 22, 2014

Lap Time: 1:19.748 (AMB)

Ambient temperature: 87 degrees

Car: 2008 Viper

Estimated weight with driver: 3580 lbs

Estimated whp: 585HP

Tires: Hoosier A6 335 & 345

Track: Hallett CW - June 22, 2014

Lap Time: 1:23.294 (AMB) - One session

Ambient temperature: 85 degrees

Car: 2008 Viper

Estimated weight with driver: 3580 lbs

Estimated whp: 585HP

Tires: Hoosier A6 335 & 345 (Scrubs)

Track: Hallett CCW - June 14, 2015

Lap Time: 1:24.007 (AMB)

Car: 2003 E46 M3

Estimated weight with driver: 2900 lbs

Estimated whp: 310 hp (Driver's Source Dyno)

Tires: Hoosier R7 275/35/18 square

Track: Hallett CCW - June 14, 2015
Lap Time: 1:24.007 (AMB)
Car: 2003 E46 M3
Estimated weight with driver: 2900 lbs
Estimated whp: 310 hp (Driver's Source Dyno)
Tires: Hoosier R7 275/35/18 square

Very nice. Now I REALLY wanna take the Z up there dangit.

Date: 6/14/2015
Lap: 1:24.778 (AMB transponder, NASA timing)
Car: 1999 Miata / LS1 engine swap
Comp Weight: 2550
WHP: 300
Tires: 275/35/15 Hoosier A6s (year old, well worn scrubs)

This time was set during the second Blitz race on Sunday when the air temperature and track temperature had warmed up. I started in the back of the grid (did not race in the first event that day so no qualifying time), and worked my way up, until I had to leave the race from a small mechanical issue. At any rate, I could have dropped another couple of seconds with some fresh tires, and some cooler temperatures, but, couldashouldawouldawhatever, it was fun. I have not raced at Hallett in years, and even then never in a car, so it was great to be back on that track. Love it.