pcasso87

*Official H2R Lap Times*

Track: Harris Hill Road CW

June 25 2015

Best Lap Time: 1:27.11 (Harry's Lap Timer)

Weather: Mostly sunny. ~95 degrees

Car: 2013 458 Italia 

Engine: stock

Brakes: stock CCM

Suspension: stock

Wheels & Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/35-20 front, 295/35-20 rear

My two-month Groupon membership ends this month so this is probably as good as it will get.

Best Lap Time: 1:29.21

Weather: 75 degrees, sunny

Car: 1990 Honda Civic

Aero: Custom front splitter/airdam, APR GTC-200 wing

Engine: B16 swap and turbo - 305hp

Brakes: Hawk DTC60 front, Stoptech performance rear, SS lines, RBF 600 fluid

Suspension: Tired Tein SS coilovers, ST Rear sway bar, a mix of ES urathane and PCI spherical bushings.

Wheels & Tires: 15x7 FN01RC with 205/50/15 Direzza Z2s

This is the fastest I was able to get during my 2 month trial.

Best Lap Time: 1:18.8

Weather: 70 degrees, overcast slight misting 

Car: 2015 Radical SR3 RS

Tires: Dunlop Slicks (about 20+ heat cycles)

First time taking the Radical to Harris Hill. Heck of a time with the suspension. At the end of the day I still never got it where I was happy with it. The big issue (and danger) was the car would catch air on the back straight and I had to lift each time. My lines were based on the bumps more than anything else. It was misting in the morning (slightly damp track) but was fairly dry by the time I set my fast time.

Had a blast!

Brought the racecar to H2R for the TT on Saturday to have some fun and treat it as a shakedown for a race I have at TWS this weekend.  First time I've run it there in over a year and it was an "eventful" day.  Found out the hard way that my assumptions on setup, line, throttle pickup points etc. cannot apply anymore due to the degradation of the track conditions.   Went off 3 times in one day when I can't even remember how long it's been since I had an off there before.  I was taking far too many risks to get the lap time that I did.   I think the car is too stiffly sprung to be using at H2R anymore combined with the fact that I probably got a little too aggressive with my new alignment.

Best I could manage was 1:24.3 which was good for 2nd fastest in the over 2.0L group after the monster miata.  

Here's an overlay of my previous best lap of 1:23.5 from 7/2014 contrasted with my best time from yesterday.  Pretty easy to see where the loss was coming from.  I'm surprised I was even able to get that close, all things considered.
56d49fb4d1b95_Screenshot20160229132549.p

Wow, that's movin' at this track! What's the setup on that little beast?

Nothing all that crazy.

Stock 2.5L motor with gtx3076 making 400hp

Rx-8 rear diff/axles, MX-5 6 speed

Stock Rx-8 brake caliper and rotors, Rx-8 ABS

AST shocks, tri point/racing beat sways

I actually was wrong they are 225's conti scrubs. I went 1:19.6 a few weeks ago with 370hp. I'm sure with some real tires those times will fall. Here is the build link if you want more info. https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/2987-nc-track-car-build/ and the FB page www.facebook.com/TXTrackNC

Turns out the reason the car was behaving so unpredictably that day resulting in several off-road excursions was that the toe link in the right rear suspension was broken.  Probably caused by some contact I had back at a race at Cresson MSR last November but unfortunately missed when the repairs and the new alignment were done.  I had blamed it on the bumps and new alignment specs that day.  Unfortunately it wasn't found until I had a very high speed 180° off at T1 on my first hot lap during Friday practice at TWS that next weekend, which resulted in some damage to the car and very nearly resulted in a collision with the T2 marshall's post and/or the truck parked next to it.  Got very lucky because it could have been a lot worse than a broken tail light, bumper cover, and wing endplate.

Good reminder to double and triple check the car yourself whenever you have contact with something.  

Brought the racecar to H2R for the TT on Saturday to have some fun and treat it as a shakedown for a race I have at TWS this weekend.  First time I've run it there in over a year and it was an "eventful" day.  Found out the hard way that my assumptions on setup, line, throttle pickup points etc. cannot apply anymore due to the degradation of the track conditions.   Went off 3 times in one day when I can't even remember how long it's been since I had an off there before.  I was taking far too many risks to get the lap time that I did.   I think the car is too stiffly sprung to be using at H2R anymore combined with the fact that I probably got a little too aggressive with my new alignment.

Best I could manage was 1:24.3 which was good for 2nd fastest in the over 2.0L group after the monster miata.  

Here's an overlay of my previous best lap of 1:23.5 from 7/2014 contrasted with my best time from yesterday.  Pretty easy to see where the loss was coming from.  I'm surprised I was even able to get that close, all things considered.
56d49fb4d1b95_Screenshot20160229132549.p

Harris Hill Raceway 1/9/2018

2008 MX5

Racing Beat cat back exhaust and sways

Tein Street Flex 380/260

225/45 Ventus RS4

70 Degrees

5a5e31244759f_Screenshot20180116104507.p

Impressive!

That chart is helpful, I am being way to slow into turn 1. Scared I guess...:)

The V8 Opel went down to H2R recently and while not fast compared to those in this thread, it was very entertaining running half a dozen 1:28.x laps in a row (with zero shifting) in this video:

1972 Opel GT

GM 4.8L V8 

BMW Suspension (various mix and match)

255/40/17 Hankook RS4 on 10" rims

Ford T5

Best I've got is from 2010 during the short-lived Chrono-X series.  Timed lap provided by the official timing system in use at the time for ChronoX.

Direction: CW

Time: 1.29.x (it was a high 29 so figure 29.8 or .9)

Weather?  It was dry and warm

Car: 2008 Mazdaspeed3 (street car,  3200lbs)

Engine: Cobb tune, intake, hi-flo catted downpipe (255fwhp)

Suspension: BC Racing BR coilovers, adjustable sway bars

Wheels/Tires: Enkei RPF1 + NT01 255/40-17

Brakes: OEM calipers, DBA rotors, Carbotech XP8 front, ss lines

No data, no video of the TT run itself with my best time - here is a practice vid where I think the hot lap shown is probably about a 1.30.

Just joined this group, but been a member at H2R for about 7 years I think.  Here are my best:

Best Lap Time: 1:26.2

Weather: can't remember, but nice November day 2017

Car: 1999 E36 M3, gutted, aero

Engine: S54 with headers

Brakes: stock calipers PFC11

Suspension: PSS9, Turner sways

Wheels & Tires: DHH scrubs

=============================================================

Track: Harris Hill Road CCW

Best Lap Time: 1:25.8

Weather: can't remember, but nice November day 2017

Car: 1999 E36 M3, gutted, aero

Engine: S54 with headers

Brakes: stock calipers PFC11

Suspension: PSS9, Turner sways

Wheels & Tires: DHH scrubs

Fairly new member at Harris Hill - finally been able to catch a couple of days without standing (or flowing) water on the track.  I'm still pretty new to tracking (about four months) so I'm still working with a pretty beginner set of skills (they are definitely not very particular).  The car is definitely much more capable than this driver at this point  :biggrin:

Direction:  CW

Time:  1.27.76

Weather:  Dry, low 50's

Car:  2009 BMW M3

Engine:  Stock

Suspension:  Vorshlag camber plates, SPL control arms, solid subframe bushings

Wheels/Tires:  Apex Arc-8 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18 square

Brakes:  PFC DD V3 rotor front, oem rear + PFC 11 pads front & rear

Wasn't running video - still need to break out the smartycam & get it going.  Looking forward to hopefully coming back and editing this post with better times & some video as I learn...

IMG_7940_zpsdginep4a.jpg

Fairly new member at Harris Hill - finally been able to catch a couple of days without standing (or flowing) water on the track.  I'm still pretty new to tracking (about four months) so I'm still working with a pretty beginner set of skills (they are definitely not very particular).  The car is definitely much more capable than this driver at this point  :biggrin:

Direction:  CW

Time:  1.27.76

Weather:  Dry, low 50's

Car:  2009 BMW M3

Engine:  Stock

Suspension:  Vorshlag camber plates, SPL control arms, solid subframe bushings

Wheels/Tires:  Apex Arc-8 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18 square

Brakes:  PFC DD V3 rotor front, oem rear + PFC 11 pads front & rear

Wasn't running video - still need to break out the smartycam & get it going.  Looking forward to hopefully coming back and editing this post with better times & some video as I learn...

IMG_7940_zpsdginep4a.jpg

Looks like you're doing pretty darn well to me :)

Hi. New (soon to be) H2R member here. Brought as guest my newly bought 2008 Nismo 350Z for “stock” shakedown to see where the car is. Just put HFCs, track pads and cooling of course. Everything else stock as I got it. Found out car has blown shocks (worst was driver’s front had a leak) and worn right front arm bushing. That’s why we call it a “shakedown”! Not new to Zs but new to this track trying different things so every input is welcome.

Direction: CW

Best lap time: 1:30.9

Weather: Sunny mid 60’s

Car: 2008 Nissan Nismo 350Z

Engine: VQ35HR w High flow cats no tune

Suspension: Stock

Brakes: OEM Brembos w Pagid RS29’s

Wheels/Tires: Stock wheels w stock tires

Telemetry: AIM Solo 2 DL