Tires: 225/45/17 Michelin pilot super sport

Track: NOLA 2.75

Lap Time: 1:50.535 (AMB) - still the TT3 track record in 2017

Date: NASA at NOLA, May 5th, 2013

Ambient temperature: 59°F

_DSC4496-M.jpg

Car: 2011 Mustang GT, street driven

Class: NASA TT3 (crappy aero)
Weight with driver: 3779 (ballasted up for TT3)
Whp: 430 (stock 5.0L with headers + CAI)
Tires: 315/30/18 Hoosier A6

DASHWARENOLA%202013%20Day%202%20Terrya-M

Video: https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-Events/NASA-at-NOLA-May-4-5-2013/i-wjVPGS3/A

In 2014 we moved this car up to a wider 335F/345R Hoosier, ducted hood, real splitter, and better wing (see below). We dropped 3-4 seconds from our 2013 lap times everywhere we went in 2014-15 - but never made it back to NOLA in this car.

P7B_0472-M.jpg

Should have gone back to NOLA like this... :unsure:

NASA NOLA still shows a 1:51.418 as the latest (2016) lap record, oiy - I guess that 2013 weekend got skipped. :tongue:

Track: NOLA Motorsports Park 2.75 CW Oct 18 2015

Lap Time: 2:08.8 ()

Ambient temperature: 75 degrees

Car: 2001 Mazda Miata

Estimated weight with driver: 2510 lbs

Estimated whp: 127HP

Tires: Nitto NT01

This is my first weekend at this track.  I'm happy with this starting number.

Well fine, ill show you guys my train wreck of a "fast" lap. 

Track: NOLA Motorsports Park 2.75 CW Oct 29 2017
Lap Time: 1:59.090 (time in video is GPS, actual time was via transponder) 
Car: 2015 Corvette Z51 
Estimated weight with driver: 3350 lbs
Estimated whp: 415HP

I'm open to feedback, it took me all weekend to even get under 2:00, I'm nowhere close to being competitive at this track.  

Also, just ignore turns 13 - 16 that dumpster fire happened every lap of mine.    I'll work on that when I get back out to NOLA> 

Well fine, ill show you guys my train wreck of a "fast" lap.

Track: NOLA Motorsports Park 2.75 CW Oct 29 2017

Lap Time: 1:59.090 (time in video is GPS, actual time was via transponder)

Car: 2015 Corvette Z51

Estimated weight with driver: 3350 lbs

Estimated whp: 415HP

https://www.tracklaps.net/laplink.php?ID=444

https://youtu.be/ZswshbtL110

I'm open to feedback, it took me all weekend to even get under 2:00, I'm nowhere close to being competitive at this track.

Also, just ignore turns 13 - 16 that dumpster fire happened every lap of mine. I'll work on that when I get back out to NOLA>

For stuff like 13 just brake earlier, focus on the line, and carry more speed. If you're missing clipping points, then dial it back. Line first, speed second. When you start missing your line figure out why. Did you brake too late, not enough, did you not give grip back to the front tires soon enough (exceeding your grip circle with two inputs) etc. The worst thing you can do is beat your head against a wall repeating the same mistakes over and over again. A lot of little fixes are going to result in big speed for you. At least, that's my take.

Track: NOLA 2.75

Lap Time: 1:50.535 (AMB) - still the TT3 track record in 2017

Date: NASA at NOLA, May 5th, 2013

Ambient temperature: 59°F

Unlike the other tracks on this board, there is no "track notes" thread for NOLA. You just got nominated to start a thread to be pinned!  post-8-0-72967300-1509839595.gif

Unlike the other tracks on this board, there is no "track notes" thread for NOLA. You just got nominated to start a thread to be pinned!  attachicon.gifpoke.gif

Errr.... look over there!... (disappears) :tongue:

73990159-1029-tt_0048-M.jpg

Track: NOLA Motorsports Park 2.75 CW Oct 28 2017

Lap Time: 1:55.975

Ambient temperature: 53 degrees

Car: 2001 BMW 330Ci

Weight with driver: 3154 lbs (634 pounds heavy for TT4)

Power: 210 avg whp, 216 whp peak (weak)

Tires: 245/40/17 Hoosier R7

Class: TT4 (TTD prep + wing)

Video: https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-Events/NASA-at-NOLA-Oct-27-29-2017/i-SvXcFZr/A(from day before, 4 tenths slower)

IMG_7363-M.jpg

That exit from T16 into the pit wall will bite ya! Luckily it only bit my mirror off. :biggrin:

That exit from T16 into the pit wall will bite ya! Luckily it only bit my mirror off. :biggrin:

If you had bigger tires and flares, you wouldn't be able to hit the wall with the mirror...  jus sayin. :)

Car: 2003 E46 M3

Track: NOLA
Best Lap Time: 1:48.545 (NASA transponder) - TT3 Track Record
Brakes: Brembo Fronts / OEM Rears / Pagid RS-29
Suspension: MCS 2-way NR
Tire: Hoosier A7's 245/40/18 square - Stickers
Other Mods: 3012 lbs with driver / EPIC Alpha N Tune / Full Aero
Event: NASA TT3 12/03/17

I had an interesting weekend at NOLA with NASA (NOLA Region). I was unable to attend the October event. Fortunately, the NOLA region had another event on the calendar that I could make. Weather was perfect - sunny but cool.

The old TT3 record was 1:50.535 set in 2014 by Terry Fair.  We don't run at NOLA very often but this record has been very hard to beat. Last year, I was only able to run Saturday in May and managed a 1:51.xx on some scrub A7's. I figured that with stickers and cooler conditions that something in the 1:49's was possible.

I signed up for an OTD on Friday and ran on some "new" Z214's but the best I could do was a 1:55. I kept wondering where am I going to find 5+ seconds. I didn't have any of my old data but I did look at some video from Allan Page (PoBoyR6) and he was hitting 137 on front straight to my 126 mph even though my car is lighter.  

On Friday, I switched to some scrub A7's and took out a bit of wing. Best I managed was a 1:53.xx, which was good enough for first of 5 but was still well off of what I was hoping for. I looked at my trap speeds and I was still only at 126 on front straight.

With the significant difference in speeds ,I was really questioning the health of the engine. I started pulling coils to see if it changed idle, but nothing real obvious jumped out. I cleaned my air filter.  Drained my catch can.  I also decided to install some new plugs from O'Reillys. Immediately the engine sounded smoother.

On Sunday, I was really on the fence whether to put stickers on in the first session or wait until second to see how the car ran. The track was real damp when I had first got there and there was a heavy fog but by 8:20 the fog had lifted and the paddock area seemed pretty dry. I decided to put stickers to give myself two chances ( I wanted to leave after second session since I had a 6+ hour drive home).  

I was gridded second, but the P1 guy showed up late so I was effectively first out. Car and tires felt great and I went for it! I got a real good launch on to front straight and managed to hit 137 by end of straight (my target speed and 10 mph better than anything I had done the previous two days). The stickers were magical everywhere and when I came back across start/finish my solo flashed a 1:48.545!

In looking at my AIM data I was definitely down on power on Fri/Sat vs Sunday.  AIM calculated power to be nearly 100 hp less!

Video of hot lap starts at 2:30: