Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Second SM race at NOLA 5/4/2013: from 15th-2nd in 2 laps

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hpimola

hpimola

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationhouston
  • Track Vehicle:2007 LOTUS EXIGE S --> Upgraded to SM# 13
i had to start 15th, my car had an issue during the first race, this put me at the back of the grid for the second race.

it was an action packed first 2 laps, i was able to make it up to second place but by the time i made up to second, first place had checked out

it was tons of fun

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400
Very nice run, thanks for sharing.

robert

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind
Nice run!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2012 Mazda Miata MX5
Wow, great driving. Were you bumping that lead car? Is that allowed? LOL.

Max

Max

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSherwood, Arkansas
  • Track Vehicle:'02 996
Wow! Thanks for letting us ride a long

skillman11

skillman11

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationAustin - Lake Travis
  • Track Vehicle:2008 NC Miata Dual Duty
What a drive!

2008 Miata Dual Duty

hpimola

hpimola

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationhouston

Wow, great driving. Were you bumping that lead car? Is that allowed? LOL.

i knew the driver in the red car #33, by bumping him we both got around the black car.

i have looked at data from drafting and or bump drafting. the drafting car will pick up as much as 20 hp from the draft, and depending on how hard you bump; the front car gets about a 1-3 mph bump in speed. we try not bump mid corner, other than that its fair game.

ChrisKearns

ChrisKearns

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationIrving
  • Track Vehicle:1990 Miata 1.6
My speed through the esses is horrible compared to yours and you're definitely killing me on torque, but it looks like the new front end package does indeed work. From comparisons in this session, i was 3-4mph quicker at the end of the front straight but dropping all the time against you in from 6 through the end of the esses. The really slow stuff was for the most part a wash from the looks of it.

Don't recall if I told you what the source of the mechanical was on Friday - two screws inside the ecu had come loose and one of them was shorting the injector circuits open. It was flooding the cylinders badly enough that the car was running on 2 cylinders in an after-burn on the wasted spark cycle once most of the fuel had been pumped out during the exhaust stroke.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get vimeo embedded properly, so if you guys want to see how the slow half lives, clicky NASA NOLA 275 05052013 Session 4.

hpimola

hpimola

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationhouston

My speed through the esses is horrible compared to yours and you're definitely killing me on torque, but it looks like the new front end package does indeed work. From comparisons in this session, i was 3-4mph quicker at the end of the front straight but dropping all the time against you in from 6 through the end of the esses. The really slow stuff was for the most part a wash from the looks of it.

Don't recall if I told you what the source of the mechanical was on Friday - two screws inside the ecu had come loose and one of them was shorting the injector circuits open. It was flooding the cylinders badly enough that the car was running on 2 cylinders in an after-burn on the wasted spark cycle once most of the fuel had been pumped out during the exhaust stroke.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get vimeo embedded properly, so if you guys want to see how the slow half lives, clicky NASA NOLA 275 05052013 Session 4.

the esses are all about timing and rhythm, you have to be comfortable giving up a bit up front to make up for it thru the rest of them. i do remember you telling me about the ecu issue you had, glad you guys figured it out. idk if you stop speed is indicative of better aero, i would compare your speed to your speed from last year, my car (as do all SM) fall flat on their face at higher RPM, the restrictor really kills the power, so you are not really comparing apples to apples.