Sign in to follow this  
MX5#98

ECR Personal Best Times

2 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

ECR 2.7 on the same day as Hornetball

temps = shorts weather!!

tires = rs4s 255 40 17

car = 2700 with me in it, same 202 whp on e85

Time = 2:15.689 was the best the AIM has on it (but I swear I saw a 2:14.9XX in the mix at some point...grrrrr. Maybe it was a predicted time or something, I was mashing buttons with gloves on?).

Fun FACTOR = 7 million. I love the way the track FLOWS and feels coherent from start to finish. Grip improved significantly through the day Saturday and was great Sunday I thought. Until @clifton23 's Bimmer decided it was time to relieve itself of some coolant pressure haha! :P Also - Pro Tip - hitting the wipers when your windshield is full of glycol rain will INSTANTLY reduces visibility to zero, making the glycol you're now DRIVING THROUGH an exercise in muscle memory / faith in baby jesus lol!

There was very little coolant in there, mostly water and water wetter.  Yeh, that sucked for both of us.

My fastest time was 2:13.6

4 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Pro Tip - hitting the wipers when your windshield is full of glycol rain will INSTANTLY reduces visibility to zero

See all the little spots on my windshield?  It's oil.  I left the cap off the engine when driving to the track at 4:30AM before coffee.  Notice that I DID NOT TOUCH MY WIPERS.  🙂

1 hour ago, hornetball said:

See all the little spots on my windshield?  It's oil.  I left the cap off the engine when driving to the track at 4:30AM before coffee.  Notice that I DID NOT TOUCH MY WIPERS.  🙂

Copy that! I think Cliff just didn't want to give the pass bad enough that he convinced his BMW to play along WINK WINK :P nyek nyek nyek hahahaha

2 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Copy that! I think Cliff just didn't want to give the pass bad enough that he convinced his BMW to play along WINK WINK :P nyek nyek nyek hahahaha

I sooooo wish that was the case..   Instead, I probably have a borked head gasket or something stupid.  

On 11/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, Ars3nd said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 - 2.7 CCW - 10/16/2019

Lap Time: 2:21:58x (Aim Solo 2)

Tires: RE71Rs 255/40R18

Maybe my REs were cooked, i somehow found a ton of time this past weekend! .. and well the week before that I brought my PB to around 2:16:xxx and forgot to update here... I wonder if the white porsche in front of me had something to do with my performance on this lap... I was only able to do 2:16 for the rest of the day. (well whatever, thanks anyway Brad!)

Car: '17 Honda Civic Type R

Lap Time: 2:14.739 (Aim Solo 2)

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 32xx

Estimated whp: ~300

Tires: 245/40R18 Hankook Ventus RS4

.... and yet somehow I very much believe there's a ton of time left to gain, especially after watching this video a couple of times over. Anyway, if anyone wants to give tips, i'll gladly take them! 😛 

Well, I see how you get addicted to Hoosier's purple crack.  Long ago, I tried a scrub set of R7's on MSRC 3.1.  Fronts were great, rears were junk.  Sold them.  That day, I put my normal Goodyears back on and never tried Hoosiers again until today.  Went out to Chin ECR 2.7 event.  Only got a couple of sessions by myself and one with a buddy riding.  Went out on new sticker R7's.  Went two+ seconds quicker in about the same air conditions with no other changes to the car.  2:06.69 AIM SOLO 2.  I ran a 2:06.09 but I turned the AIM off due to a low battery and the entire session did not save.  I saw Predictives in the mid 2:05's on that lap but I was dirty out of 15 onto the front straight.  Need to play with the tire pressures and temperatures as the R7's on my car seem to want a lower cold and hot pressure window than the Goodyears.  Weekend cut short by either a rear wheel bearing or a bearing in the differential going bad.  Was getting louder and louder, so, I came home rather than risk an on-track issue.  31K miles on the car with lots of track miles.  First issue at all with the car besides a sticky forward button on the radio long ago.

Lap Time:  2:06.69 (AIM SOLO 2)

Ambient Temp:  56F

Car:  2017 SS 1LE (Stock engine, driveline, & suspension with ZL1 brakes, stock pads)

Weight with driver:  4070# (yikes!)

Estimated whp:  Typical dyno results around 410 RWHP

Tires:  Hoosier R7's on ZL1 1LE wheels

On 12/3/2019 at 2:36 AM, Ars3nd said:

Maybe my REs were cooked, i somehow found a ton of time this past weekend! .. and well the week before that I brought my PB to around 2:16:xxx and forgot to update here... I wonder if the white porsche in front of me had something to do with my performance on this lap... I was only able to do 2:16 for the rest of the day. (well whatever, thanks anyway Brad!)

Car: '17 Honda Civic Type R

Lap Time: 2:14.739 (Aim Solo 2)

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 32xx

Estimated whp: ~300

Tires: 245/40R18 Hankook Ventus RS4

.... and yet somehow I very much believe there's a ton of time left to gain, especially after watching this video a couple of times over. Anyway, if anyone wants to give tips, i'll gladly take them! 😛 

To each their own or whatever, but really seems like listening for 

• other traffic
  • tire feedback 
  • mechanical abnormalities  

would be more important than music while driving on a track. 

I'll also wait for @cabowabo to come and attempt to justify it.  

Car: '00 Honda Two-Thousand

Lap Time: 2:12.7 Race chrono

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 2850

Estimated whp: 190

Tires: 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1

7 hours ago, Boostedtaco said:

Car: '00 Honda Two-Thousand

Lap Time: 2:12.7 Race chrono

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 2850

Estimated whp: 190

Tires: 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1

Nice run.  Well done.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.75 Full Track - December 14, 2019
Lap Time: 2:04.42 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 60 degrees F
Car: 2007 GT3
Estimated weight with driver: 3450 lbs + 150 pound passenger
Estimated whp: 370 rwhp
Tires: 235/315 Pirelli DH scrubs, corded this session

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 Italian Canyon - December 14th, 2019
Lap Time: 2:14.8 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 55 degrees F
Car: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Estimated weight with driver: 2900 lb
Estimated whp: 178 RWHP
Tires: Hankook RS4 255/40-17

Camera shows a couple of extra tenths from not perfectly aligning the start/finish, I had to run with the Intermediate group since I was in charge of the classroom and that's the only run group that aligned with the gaps in the class times. It didn't help that the second intermediate session ended after one lap when a Camaro oiled down the track on the out lap, but aside from some minor frustrations it was a great day.

17 hours ago, CosmosMpower said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.75 Full Track - December 14, 2019
Lap Time: 2:04.42 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 60 degrees F
Car: 2007 GT3
Estimated weight with driver: 3450 lbs + 150 pound passenger
Estimated whp: 370 rwhp
Tires: 245/315 Pirelli DH scrubs, dead

Car sounds great!  Besides the tires, what if any modifications?

4 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

Car sounds great!  Besides the tires, what if any modifications?

Thank you.  Not much as far as mods mostly just safety items.  Recaro SPG seats, Harness, Clubsport roll cage, Hawk DTC70 pads, Motul RBF600, GMG center muffler delete (mostly sound).  Stock suspension, stock engine.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 - December 14th, 2019
Lap Time: 2:18.788 (Transponder)
Ambient temperature: 55°F
Car: 2013 MX-5 Miata Club
Estimated weight with driver: 2730 lbs
WHP: 145 rwhp (Dynojet)
Tires: Hankook RS4 245/40-17

1.98 second improvement for me in the second session of the morning. The bearing in my right front hub broke in the next session, so I was done for the day.  I couldn't drive it home, but a friend with a trailer loaned me his car and hauled mine to his house.  We replaced the broken unit bearing assembly on Sunday afternoon with the RX-8 hub that fits the NC Miata (MER had one on hand).  I've got another RX-8 hub on order so I can proactively replace the other one, hopefully before it breaks.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 - December 22nd, 2019
Lap Time: 2:17.224 (Transponder)
Ambient temperature: mid 40's

I picked up another 1.5 seconds yesterday.  Here is the video link.  I seem to have forgotten how to make it appear as an embedded video.

https://youtu.be/r-e2qtjfMbc

2 hours ago, 865 said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 - December 22nd, 2019
Lap Time: 2:17.224 (Transponder)
Ambient temperature: mid 40's

I picked up another 1.5 seconds yesterday.  Here is the video link.  I seem to have forgotten how to make it appear as an embedded video.

https://youtu.be/r-e2qtjfMbc

Way to go skip, to get the video to embed you just need to copy and past the link form the browser bar instead of the share link deal from youtube.

Hmm, I got an error when I tried to embed the link for you, there might be a youtube problem with embedding at the moment.

Thanks Sam.

I just tried your suggestion for embedding, and it didn't work for me either.  Oh well, doesn't really matter.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 Italian Canyon - January 18, 2020
Lap Time: 2:13.4 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 50 degrees F
Tires: Bridgestone RE71r 255/40-17 (very worn)

My 2 year old autox tires needed to be put out to pasture, so I ran them at ECR to kill them off. The surface is so easy on tires though that I could probably get another day out of them, but the only event I've got left before the first autox of the season is the day before. I didn't see any increase in braking g's  (my go to indicator of grip) over my fresh RS4's but it seemed like the RE's still had a little more lateral grip (at least from my butt-dyno). I was running the Green classroom and coached a Green student, so I mostly ran in the Blue (intermediate) group, I snuck into the yellow (advanced) group for a couple of sessions but it wasn't worth the effort since there were twice as many people in the yellow group than the green group and it was a bit of a rush to jump out of my student's car and get into grid before the session started.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 "The Canyon" 1.65 - Jan 18, 2020

Lap Time: 2.13.002 (Aim Solo)

Ambient temperature: 45-50, Sunny, Windy

Car: 2014 Mustang GT

Estimated weight with driver: 3935 lbs

Estimated whp: 365-385 HP

Tires: Bridgestone S007 305/30/19

Slick, cold, and wet improved all day long. Last session of the day for me.

It was good to chase Sam to get a time. Slinky gaps are fun. Where he gains on me and I gain on him make sense for our car types, at least in my head. Making headway, but definitely a work in progress. Gap to Theoretical is1.5 seconds.  (2:11.495 matches December runs). Best rolling lap was 2:12.5. 

15 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 Italian Canyon - January 18, 2020
Lap Time: 2:13.4 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 50 degrees F
Tires: Bridgestone RE71r 255/40-17 (very worn)

My 2 year old autox tires needed to be put out to pasture, so I ran them at ECR to kill them off. The surface is so easy on tires though that I could probably get another day out of them, but the only event I've got left before the first autox of the season is the day before. I didn't see any increase in braking g's  (my go to indicator of grip) over my fresh RS4's but it seemed like the RE's still had a little more lateral grip (at least from my butt-dyno). I was running the Green classroom and coached a Green student, so I mostly ran in the Blue (intermediate) group, I snuck into the yellow (advanced) group for a couple of sessions but it wasn't worth the effort since there were twice as many people in the yellow group than the green group and it was a bit of a rush to jump out of my student's car and get into grid before the session started.

from my perspective:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 Italian Canyon - Feb 22, 2020
Lap Time: 2:33.376
Ambient temperature: 50 F
Car: 1991 Miata
Estimated weight with driver: 2200lb
Estimated whp: 100hp? 
Tires: Hankook RS4 225/45/15

First time at ECR, I spent most of the day learning the track and this is what I cranked out in the third session on Saturday. It rained all day Sunday so I didn't get a chance to improve it. I definitely have a TON of time to gain. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpdEj1f_Pv4

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 "The Canyon" 1.65 - Mar 21, 2020

Lap Time: 2.12.567 (Aim Solo)

Ambient temperature: 55, Sunny, Breezy

Car: 2014 Mustang GT

Estimated weight with driver: 3935 lbs

Estimated whp: 365-385 HP

Tires: Bridgestone S007 305/30/19

Social Distancing Done Right!!!

Instruction was small group lead-follow and then split into separate classrooms. I had a lot of fun helping some old friends (and new ones) make progress and find quite a bit of time.

Event was very well thought out in terms of separation aspects in everything from registration, limited meetings, and preboxed lunches with everyone encouraged to disperse and maintain distances. Clubhouse was spotless, configured for spacing,  and lots of gloves available. 

Got our chance to turn up the wick after lunch. Only one full session and then the clutch got hurt. Hmmmm. It was still a great day. Lap is pretty good, other than a big whoopsie in 7 where my turn-in was late and too much wheel trying to catch up. I'm still struggling with T13 in this configuration too. As always a work in progress.