Sign in to follow this  
MX5#98

ECR Personal Best Times

2 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

ECR 2.7 on the same day as Hornetball

temps = shorts weather!!

tires = rs4s 255 40 17

car = 2700 with me in it, same 202 whp on e85

Time = 2:15.689 was the best the AIM has on it (but I swear I saw a 2:14.9XX in the mix at some point...grrrrr. Maybe it was a predicted time or something, I was mashing buttons with gloves on?).

Fun FACTOR = 7 million. I love the way the track FLOWS and feels coherent from start to finish. Grip improved significantly through the day Saturday and was great Sunday I thought. Until @clifton23 's Bimmer decided it was time to relieve itself of some coolant pressure haha! :P Also - Pro Tip - hitting the wipers when your windshield is full of glycol rain will INSTANTLY reduces visibility to zero, making the glycol you're now DRIVING THROUGH an exercise in muscle memory / faith in baby jesus lol!

There was very little coolant in there, mostly water and water wetter.  Yeh, that sucked for both of us.

My fastest time was 2:13.6

1 hour ago, clifton23 said:

My fastest time was 2:13.6

I have work to do - as usual (!!!) to keep up with you :P

4 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Pro Tip - hitting the wipers when your windshield is full of glycol rain will INSTANTLY reduces visibility to zero

See all the little spots on my windshield?  It's oil.  I left the cap off the engine when driving to the track at 4:30AM before coffee.  Notice that I DID NOT TOUCH MY WIPERS.  🙂

1 hour ago, hornetball said:

See all the little spots on my windshield?  It's oil.  I left the cap off the engine when driving to the track at 4:30AM before coffee.  Notice that I DID NOT TOUCH MY WIPERS.  🙂

Copy that! I think Cliff just didn't want to give the pass bad enough that he convinced his BMW to play along WINK WINK :P nyek nyek nyek hahahaha

2 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Copy that! I think Cliff just didn't want to give the pass bad enough that he convinced his BMW to play along WINK WINK :P nyek nyek nyek hahahaha

I sooooo wish that was the case..   Instead, I probably have a borked head gasket or something stupid.  

On 11/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, Ars3nd said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 - 2.7 CCW - 10/16/2019

Lap Time: 2:21:58x (Aim Solo 2)

Tires: RE71Rs 255/40R18

Maybe my REs were cooked, i somehow found a ton of time this past weekend! .. and well the week before that I brought my PB to around 2:16:xxx and forgot to update here... I wonder if the white porsche in front of me had something to do with my performance on this lap... I was only able to do 2:16 for the rest of the day. (well whatever, thanks anyway Brad!)

Car: '17 Honda Civic Type R

Lap Time: 2:14.739 (Aim Solo 2)

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 32xx

Estimated whp: ~300

Tires: 245/40R18 Hankook Ventus RS4

.... and yet somehow I very much believe there's a ton of time left to gain, especially after watching this video a couple of times over. Anyway, if anyone wants to give tips, i'll gladly take them! 😛 

Well, I see how you get addicted to Hoosier's purple crack.  Long ago, I tried a scrub set of R7's on MSRC 3.1.  Fronts were great, rears were junk.  Sold them.  That day, I put my normal Goodyears back on and never tried Hoosiers again until today.  Went out to Chin ECR 2.7 event.  Only got a couple of sessions by myself and one with a buddy riding.  Went out on new sticker R7's.  Went two+ seconds quicker in about the same air conditions with no other changes to the car.  2:06.69 AIM SOLO 2.  I ran a 2:06.09 but I turned the AIM off due to a low battery and the entire session did not save.  I saw Predictives in the mid 2:05's on that lap but I was dirty out of 15 onto the front straight.  Need to play with the tire pressures and temperatures as the R7's on my car seem to want a lower cold and hot pressure window than the Goodyears.  Weekend cut short by either a rear wheel bearing or a bearing in the differential going bad.  Was getting louder and louder, so, I came home rather than risk an on-track issue.  31K miles on the car with lots of track miles.  First issue at all with the car besides a sticky forward button on the radio long ago.

Lap Time:  2:06.69 (AIM SOLO 2)

Ambient Temp:  56F

Car:  2017 SS 1LE (Stock engine, driveline, & suspension with ZL1 brakes, stock pads)

Weight with driver:  4070# (yikes!)

Estimated whp:  Typical dyno results around 410 RWHP

Tires:  Hoosier R7's on ZL1 1LE wheels

On 12/3/2019 at 2:36 AM, Ars3nd said:

Maybe my REs were cooked, i somehow found a ton of time this past weekend! .. and well the week before that I brought my PB to around 2:16:xxx and forgot to update here... I wonder if the white porsche in front of me had something to do with my performance on this lap... I was only able to do 2:16 for the rest of the day. (well whatever, thanks anyway Brad!)

Car: '17 Honda Civic Type R

Lap Time: 2:14.739 (Aim Solo 2)

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 32xx

Estimated whp: ~300

Tires: 245/40R18 Hankook Ventus RS4

.... and yet somehow I very much believe there's a ton of time left to gain, especially after watching this video a couple of times over. Anyway, if anyone wants to give tips, i'll gladly take them! 😛 

To each their own or whatever, but really seems like listening for 

• other traffic
  • tire feedback 
  • mechanical abnormalities  

would be more important than music while driving on a track. 

I'll also wait for @cabowabo to come and attempt to justify it.  

Car: '00 Honda Two-Thousand

Lap Time: 2:12.7 Race chrono

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 2850

Estimated whp: 190

Tires: 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1

7 hours ago, Boostedtaco said:

Car: '00 Honda Two-Thousand

Lap Time: 2:12.7 Race chrono

Estimated Weight w/ driver: 2850

Estimated whp: 190

Tires: 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1

Nice run.  Well done.